It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama team considers $1 trillion stimulus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Obama team considers $1 trillion stimulus

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON - Anxious to jolt the economy back to life, President-elect Barack Obama is considering a federal stimulus package that could reach a whopping $1 trillion, dwarfing last spring's tax rebates and rivaling drastic government actions to fight the Great Depression.

Obama has not settled on a grand total, but after consulting with outside economists of all political stripes, his advisers appear determined to make the stimulus bigger than the $600 billion they initially envisioned, aid
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Noam Chomsky Comments on Obama's Cabinet

Unbelievable, sound money keeps govt. spending in check.
And he wants to print MORE, so do exactly what got us in the problem in the first place.

Watch the above Chomsky video, Obama also selected some of the people responsible for all of this as well.

Ron Paul Today on Bloomberg

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
How much do I get?

Never mind I forgot that I am not a corporate CEO that took my company for everything it had and dove it straight into the ground. If I were, I would get a nice chunk of that stimulus.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Stimulus=Stimulated Sustained debt.

Pure and simple. And where is this stimulus funds supposed to come from in a depressed economy?

And does anyone really believe that 1,500 bucks or less per person is a stimulant to the economy when 99 percent of that will most likey go to catching up on bills and not in extras spending at all?

Get real!!!!

Now if each person got say 10 grand that WOULD be s stimulus that WILL work and WILL boost the economy.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 17-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If the trillions we have already doled out to help the economy hasn't worked, why does Obama feel that 1 trillion more will do the trick?

Throwing more money at the problem is a Washington tradition that will never die.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Exactly. And since the taxpayers foot the bill for both, in the long run, the stimulus will zero out, or go into the red for us, thus continued stimulus debt.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What is wrong with putting the dollar back on a gold/silver backed system?

Oh wait, I remember, then our money would actually be worth something and it would also make congress count their pennies.

[edit on 17/12/08 by Pfeil]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

1 trillion is nothing to Obama. Clinton set the gold standard for scamming Americans by faking a good performance while he upped our national debt by 2 trillion. So if Clinton can blind us to 2 trillion by throwing in a couple surplus quarters, Obama with his NLP Master techniques can spend 4 trillion. Then his apparent goal of bankrupting our country in a manner even worse than the great depression will be fulfilled.

I just can't figure it out. This whole idea of world leaders actually just being puppets is something that is really coming into question. I will give Obama the benefit of the doubt and just say he is so stupid due to spending 100% of his effort on learning NLP teqniques that he spends 0% actually figuring out what the hell is going on and how to actually solve the problems. The guy, like McCain, really seems to be clueless at face value.

McCain made the big mistake of actually admitting he knew basically nothing about the economy and left it to his corporate-sponsored advisors. Obama would never be so foolish as to admit the truth.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
OH THIS IS JUST GREAT! The continued Raping of the american people

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Whatever TRILLION, GaZillion, they want doesn't matter. They own the printing presses. Or now all they need to do is create it electronicly.
The Federal Reserve owns the presidency.

The four links below explain it all.
www.naturalnews.com...
www.naturalnews.com...
www.naturalnews.com...
www.naturalnews.com...

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
When the crooks have stolen all of the money to the point it's worthless and they are holding nothing of value what will they do? They will print more and tell you it has value, all the while hoping you will believe so that they can continue the long con. 1 dollar is current one out of 14.6 trillion in circulation, which will soon be 1 in 21 trillion in circulation in the next two years according to what I heard from Andy Gause today.

www.usgoldcoins.com...

www.usgoldcoins.com...

[edit on 17-12-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

[edit on 17-12-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Absolute insanity, printing more money to make the dollar more and more worthless.....Has every member of congress (lowercase intentional) gone insane or just stayed insane?

What happens when the incoming administration (lowercase intentional) discovers the real truth about how bad it is and how things like this won't work?

Print more money? The more worthless the dollar, the more worthless the T-Bills held by foreign governments......Next?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
can someone help me?

I want to make a post commenting on ATS protocol on moving threads?

Sometimes when I make a thread the topic is irrelevant, what helps them decide where to put the thread is alone who is the speaker.

In this case Obama so it goes into the political section when it obviously is about economy and not politics.

I bet if Bush spoke of this it wouldn't be moved, so why is it different when it's the president elect speaking?

Where do I make a thread about this?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by habu71

Absolute insanity, printing more money to make the dollar more and more worthless.....Has every member of congress (lowercase intentional) gone insane or just stayed insane?

What happens when the incoming administration (lowercase intentional) discovers the real truth about how bad it is and how things like this won't work?

Print more money? The more worthless the dollar, the more worthless the T-Bills held by foreign governments......Next?

But the money you use to pay off your debt is worth less as well. So today I owe you 10 dollars, tomorrow that 10 dollars is only really worth 5 so I pay you 50% of what I really owe you... The problem is that the 5 is worthless as well since we have no peg for the value of currency...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just goes to show you that Obama doesn't know his history.

He's never heard of the Weimar Republic.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

True, unless it is "fixed" by either revaluing the currency or establishing a new currency....

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by habu71
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

True, unless it is "fixed" by either revaluing the currency or establishing a new currency....

The Amero perhaps?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There is a quiet revolution going on. It’s not a political revolution or a social revolution. It is being carried out without guns, bullets or physical violence, but this aspect makes it none the less real. The world is in the midst of a financial revolution led by the banking system whose representative in the U.S. is the Federal Reserve, a private bank that is not part of our current government system and does not hold reserves. The goal is the complete dominance, ownership and control of all assets by the government. What Americans are now witnessing may be the finest coup d’etat ever perpetrated.

Phase One: Get people to place their money where it can easily be taken from them

In the last quarter century, more people have been encouraged to put their money into the stock market. The Monetary De-Regulation Act of 1980 allowed Americans to invest overseas and foreigners to invest in the American markets. At the same time, employers began to discontinue defined benefit retirement plans for their employees. These plans were replaced by employer sponsored retirement accounts that offered stock as the only viable way to capture the kind of return needed to fund a retirement. The onus for management of these accounts fell to the employees who for the most part didn’t have a clue about the stock market or how to manage money.

Continue here,,, www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Excellent post.....you are so right.....the unfortunate part is that there is very little that can be done, at this point in time, about it........

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
C'mon - someone's got to blame this latest stimulus on GWB at some point. I know the libs are out there, I can hear 'em slithering in the rough! Say it! You know it'll make you feel better! It's all Bush's fault!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join