It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Led Zepplin Devil Worship Discussion

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think if you are rich and famous beyond your wildest dreams, you search for something more. after performing for 50,000 screaming fans for the 100th time, you need a little something extra. Sex and drugs must even get routine after a while

for the beatles it was ravi shankar, for page it was crowley

I think a lot of this stuff revolves around getting sex quite frankly, and the new initiates eventually get disallusioned. Didn't ravi shankar go after one of the beatles girlfriends ?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just came by to say that

Led Zeppelin is my all time favorite band forever, tied of course with The Beatles

being a singer in a very Zep like band, i've gotten to meet Plant and Page many times

they are both into old lore, and magik but not satan worshipers

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I think you are confused. Ravi Shankar was George Harrisons mentor. I have never read anything to suggest what you posted. Are you thinking about the yogi the Beatles studied TM with? I also dought that possibility. The famous creators are always accused of using some other means than natural talent to achieve their creations. Robert Johnson was another one.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Edit: After reading this post it seems I come of as being kind of rude, I don't mean it to be rude, so none of you take it like that please. I am just giving my opionon on the subject

Crowley wasn't a "devil worshipper" just because some people don't understand certain things people do, does NOT make it devil worshipping. And just because some of you probably disagree with the use "magick" that still doesnt make it devil worshipping either...

Jimmie Page was KNOWN to be into all kind of occult things, he doesn't even hide it I don't think. I believe there is all kind of interviews from old rock magazines and all kinda stuff where the openly talks about all the stuff hes into.

Most people who are into this stuff don't hide or anything. I've been into the occult my ENTIRE life, but I don't worship any devils or anything lol. And I openly talk about this stuff to whoever wants to talk about it. I also don't believe a lot of this stuff either, I just like to study it, and I believe a lot of "magick"... etc doesnt work unless you have a actual belief in it. Because i've been into this stuff my WHOLE life and have studied this type stuff for a VERY long time and i've never had ANY kind of strange paranormal experience or anything.

I think jimmie page was the same as me... he was probably just into studying all this stuff, who knows exactly what he believed, but I don't think he "worshipped the devil" per se.

Oh and records in reverse thing... anyone who buys that and thinks its real is INSANE IN THE HEAD. Reason being you can take ANY RECORD EVER PUT OUT and play it backwards and you will hear stuff like this. Also when things are played backwards it just sounds "creepy" so that adds to the effect that there really is something to it. Also any of you who say you believe that reverse record stuff, you are basically agreeing with INSANE CHRISTIAN FUNDAMENTALISTS from the 80s that made all that stuff up. Now in your daily life are those really the type of people you normally agree with?

There NOTHING to playing records in reverse, once again you can play ANY record pretty much in reverse and hear "strange things". That whole record in reverse things reminds of the people who always see things in clouds or people who can find "anomolies" in ANY picture. All it is is overthinking and its your brain making you THINK you are seeing/hearing these things.

Also its obvious by led zeppelins music that they were into this type of stuff (and you don't even have to reverse their music to hear that they are into this stuff! The message is plain as day in most songs), I don't even consider it a "urban legend" because its true! Everyone who was alive back ion the 70s KNOWS jimmie page and some of the other members where into occult and other such subjects (most people even considered it "cool").

Also they where HIGHLY influenced by old american southern black blues artists, and a lot of people used to associate those old artists with voodoo and stuff (because voodoo is prevalent amongst black people in the south in the united states, its a stereotype, but its kinda true).

Theres even a story about the guy who was credited with creating "modern" blues music (robert johnson I think), the story goes he sold his soul to the devil so he could play the guitar. I think thats where a lot of these ideas came from too.

They even used to do a lot of things people could consider "rituals" at a lot of their concerts (well not at all their concerts, but at some, I believe there is even video somewhere) But the thing about a lot of that stuff they did on stage was none of it was "real" ritual, it was all just a show. Most of the "rituals" where actually a combination of all kind of different occult practices and rituals, most of them had NO REAL MEANING what so ever.

A lot of these things they did on stage where the same as what jimmie hendrix used to do. None of it had any meaning or anything, it just made for a good show, and looked "trippy".

[edit on 28-6-2009 by The7thSeer]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I've shared more than one cheeseburger with Jimmy Page and he was never a devil worshipper. He was fascinated by anything having to do with the occult, spiritualism, astrology, and so fourth, as was the rest of the band. They were all looking for spiritual enlightenment. Wasn't everyone back then?

None of them believe John Bonham died because of a curse. Bad things happen to good people too.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Old thread .. new news ...

Celebration press conference today ...

Led Zepplin News

LED ZEPPELIN: New York 'Celebration Day' Press Conference Scheduled For Next Week - Oct. 2, 2012

LED ZEPPELIN has announced upcoming premieres in four countries for "Celebration Day", which documents the band's 2007 concert at London, England's O2 Arena.

The film will make its U.S. debut at the historic Ziegfeld Theater in New York's theater district on October 9. Prior to the premiere, founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant will be joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, for a press conference at New York's Museum of Modern Art.

"Celebration Day" will then have its U.K. premiere at London's legendary Hammersmith Apollo on October 12. Jones, Page, and Plant will also be attendance for this special event and a limited number of tickets will be made available to fans for £20.

Premieres for the film will follow in Berlin on October 15, where Jones is confirmed to attend, and Tokyo on October 16, which will have Page in attendance.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
July 2013 ... Hints of a reunion tour???
For those who are interested .... was this just a tease or perhaps something is in the works??

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Didn't see this posted. A little surprised at that. The inner sleeve of Zep 4, you can see this by putting it up to a mirror.

I have never understood the appeal of this band. A few good songs, but that's all, Page is sloppy and Plant ain't that great. I'd take a few thousand bands over Led Zep any day and refuse to listen to them anymore, as they bored me then and are even more boring now that they are way overplayed. Of the Big Three, I listen to Purple and Sabbath quite often though.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Bumping for two reasons ... the new folks haven't seen this ... and another Led Zepplin discussion is going on and this information can be of use with it I think.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
bumping it for discussion

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

omg that is a DITTO!!!

lol
hahahah = we must have been sharing the wavelength

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A 14 year old Jimmy Page playing skiffle music on a BBC television show in 1957. Here he stated that he wanted to go into biological research.

Although Page was interested in the occult as a hobby, the occult aspect of Led Zeppelin was mainly a marketing tool.
edit on 23-3-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Is that the rabbit from Donnie Darko?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join