It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trying to wake up a hopeless sheeple: please help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I am hoping that fellow ATS'rs may be able to help me in a little assignment i have undertaken.

My dear husband is a sheeple of the most extreme kind. As long has he has his newest game and the flashiest car, and no books to read he is happy. Gosh darn it - i have been trying to make him read a book for the last nine years and have not succeeded so far. But i may have an opportunity to enlighten him to certain issues courtosey (sp?) of the documentary "who killed the electric car". His interest in alternative news was peaked after this but its waning now. Just hoping that someone may be able to recommend documentaries that outline the corporate / government agenda in plain simple english for people like him.

I know i am asking a lot but help would be wonderful.

I wasn't sure if this is the right place so please mods feel free to move.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Well as they say ignorance is bliss.

But perhaps you should focus on the things he is interested in, and add your own perspective? Unless the news and information you present is particularly relevant to him, I can understand why he isn't interested.

And is the singular of 'sheeple': sherson? Either way, I think it's a rude thing to call someone.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Ease him in gently! I recomend bringing up the topic, do you think there is life out there...

Most people are usually open to descussion after that subject has been brought up!

After he has listened or talked introduce him to this site!

He will probably do alot of reading then!

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Poet Of Deception]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hum. Say, tell him he must turn in one book report each week, or no sex.
I'd think up a few more ideas but lets see if the first one works (if that doesn't do the trick you could consider moving in with me, LOL, I read a lot ~ send photo first though).

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Hum. Say, tell him he must turn in one book report each week, or no sex.
I'd think up a few more ideas but lets see if the first one works (if that doesn't do the trick you could consider moving in with me, LOL, I read a lot ~ send photo first though).

Haha! Good idea. That would be devastating for him! Please take a picture of his reaction if you say it! It would be so funny!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 04326

Tell him you want a divorce and your taking his car etc, unless he listens to you.

He will soon see your point of view.

On a serious note here is a very light explanation of the banking system it doesnt explain it fully but it might make it easier.

www.youtube.com...

Also make sure you have a look at this, its a list of a tonne of documentry type themed conspiracies etc all in one.

conspiracyrealitytv.com...

You still cannot make someone do something but you can make them see your viewpoint.

Hope that helps but id probably leave the divorce until your really stuck to be honest.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
thanks for the creative ideas - but i am afraid this case is much much more difficult.

also thanks for the links XXXN30 - will definitely go through them tonight.

[edit on 16/12/08 by 04326]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
You can lead the horse to the water, but you cannot make the horse drink unless it wants to.

It also sounds like your other half there is more into material things than practical things. That can be a major problem in trying to open up the mind to things outside of materialism.

It may have to take a drastic change in his persona to get him to come around. Like a real disaster such as no more gas for that fancy flashy car, or electricity to run that game console.

For some, knowing the fire can burn they have to put their finger in it to believe it does burn.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Humm It's typical of a woman to try and change the man, maybe you should have checked out his literacy accomplishments before you decided to wed him... if it's that important of course.

Women

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I think what you're trying to do is very difficult especially if he's used to the way things are for him.

I somewhat would understand his position, I can't help the new games and movies and food and whatnot. Reading such an alternative info site has really changed my views and sometimes I think it has stiffen some conversations I have. I feel terrible for shoving things into my fathers face because he wouldn't take the possibility or generosity of what we talk about...It sucks. So sometimes, people are just happy the way they are you know. I've learned to accept that and wouldn't want to risk a relationship if in any case, the conversation went out of hand. Just know your limits please, I wouldn't trade anything for a relationship with people I love. Even if it is the truth.

I talk to my girlfriend about the topics on this site and at times, she would joke with me because she says we're crazy. she's open to these possibilities, but I feel maybe she's a bit scared of the truth. I know what she wants in life and I don't want to scare her. I admit some of this alt news is very scary. It may be the truth, the reality, but we still have a choice to live how we want. So I hope you don't pressure your husband too much.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Maybe your husband got interested and then realized the quality of these news and simply lost interest.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 04326

The jeep and RC cars might be a substitute for something, or an avoidance technique. Has he been to a psychiatrist recently? He might be having some stress-related issues, which often manifest in irrational behaviours.

Basically, don't judge the guy. He might be having a hard time on the inside, and he might not even realise it himself.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My recommendation... Zeitgeist! I have turned on over a dozen people using that film. It is truly and eye-opener!
It is truthful, insightful and accurate. It's intellectual honesty is what captures people and brings them closer to the truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
some good documentaries I suggest:

The Corporation (2003)
Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media
Spin (1995)
The World According to Monsanto (recent documentary, highly recommended)
Maxed Out (documentary about credit cards)
Iron Triangle: Inside the Carlyle Group

So many more... also, I highly recommend the "Phenomenon: The Lost Archives" if you can find them anywhere online.

edit: +1 for Zeitgeist. Very great introduction video into various topics.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by scientist]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 04326
I am hoping that fellow ATS'rs may be able to help me in a little assignment i have undertaken.

My dear husband is a sheeple of the most extreme kind. As long has he has his newest game and the flashiest car, and no books to read he is happy. Gosh darn it - i have been trying to make him read a book for the last nine years and have not succeeded so far. But i may have an opportunity to enlighten him to certain issues courtosey (sp?) of the documentary "who killed the electric car". His interest in alternative news was peaked after this but its waning now. Just hoping that someone may be able to recommend documentaries that outline the corporate / government agenda in plain simple english for people like him.

I know i am asking a lot but help would be wonderful.

I wasn't sure if this is the right place so please mods feel free to move.

threaten divorce if he doesn't watch some DVDs you have

or just put a "reserve" on the "cootchy" for the time being until he confers.

--

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You cant make somebody be concerned. They have to concern themselves. Something has to directly affect him or his way of life. Seeing as how his big hobbies are RC cars and trucks (is he 8? I picture a bowl haircut and a t-shirt with a corvette on it) I doubt his life will be affected by much. Maybe carbon tax crap will set him off?

You mentioned games. Video games? Australia likes to pointlessly ban video games from time to time. I believe they just recently lifted their ban on the F.E.A.R. sequel that isnt even out yet. See if you can get him questioning why the bans exist, who does the banning, etc...

In America most people like their guns and or their dogs. It isnt hard to get them concerned when some government agent knocks on the door, pulls their gun and removes your family pet for extermination because of some arbitrary "ban." There are plenty of brainwashed urban dependents though who's only concern is being able to get drunk and watch television and their numbers are growing exponentially thanks to the artificial economy. These urban trolls actually enjoy watching a childs dog be killed and a womans gun taken away. Evil SOB's if there ever were.

Something he loves has to suffer. Something he cant rationalize with "we're better off" or the famous "we're safer because of" kind of crap excuses people love so much.

I love guns, dogs, and am perpetually irate over the enslavement that is property taxation so just about every 45 seconds America has me wanting to see it burn.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am faced with a similar problem , in my case its my girlfriend . She is content to live with her head in the sand . She is well aware of the books I read and the documentaries that I watch , which she will on occasion watch with me but for the most part she is not interested . She does give me a lot of credit for my inquisitive mind but for some reason I just cant seem to turn the switch on in her little head .
Having said that my GF did give credit to William Coopers radio series Mystery Babylon which can be found in its entirety by googling Mystery Babylon . Perhaps on those long car rides you can insist that you be aloud to play a broadcast instead of tuning into the radio .

Good luck and if you have any ideas as to how I can turn my GF around please share

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

First of all, I sympathize with you, I was married to a person like that for 29 years. she would often say, "don't go there" when I would speak of anything out of her very tiny box of knowledge. One night we were on the way home and saw a small ET craft land in a field near us, my son stopped the car and he and I got out to see it, it was very clear. We asked the wife to sit up and look at this, which she did, then lay back down. Later she denied that it even existed.

Here some links to get him started, if he really wants to wake up. Keep in mind he may not want to.

The World Order, A Study in the Hegemony of Parasitism
www.whale.to...

Underground Bases & NWO
www.mt.net...

Trilateral Commission Members (as of 2003)
www.biblebelievers.org.au...

Rothschilds & Rockefellers, TRILLIONAIRES of the World
www.indybay.org...

America, The Fourth Reich (Jim Marrs has an excellent book on this)
rense.com...

General Orders No. 100
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF ARMIES OF THE UNITED STATES IN THE FIELD
lawofwar.org...

Mind Control Techniques
www.xs4all.nl...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

Loop the following videos from time to time and one of them is
likely to catch his attention.

JFK

Money as Debt

911 Press for Truth

NBC's Confirmation we are not Alone

... after those you can try these ...

Endgame: Blueprint for Global Enslavement

Zeitgeist - (if he is strongly christian this is a bad idea...)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

Hey I think I just ran into your husband on an RC forum. He was asking a similar question. We told him to have you watch endless documentaries on RC cars and video games.

while we chose to close down our business last week and lay off our staff, my husband sits here tonight and is talking about getting some money out of our account to buy a new jeep and how he has plans to do mods on it.

Maybe after you finish shoving documentaries down each others throats you can sit down and create a budget. Decide together if there is money available to allocate to your respective hobbies. I would guess if you are closing your business that there is not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join