It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multicolor Sky Light-up over Melbourne Australia 14-Dec

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Thanks for posting, Hoppers Crossing lets say is very 'close' to where I am. I'm glad I'm not the only one to witness this. It was very strange. Thanks for letting me know Im not losing my mind

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Toasty, I know roughly where you are located. Cool.

The only other lame suggestion that I can think of is if there was any night flying from the old Laverton Airforce Base? I know it's been closed for a while, but it was used a couple of years ago to train some of the Blackhawk anti-terror drills during the 2006 Commnwealth Games. I saw them flying around at that time.

I'll have to keep my kitchen blind open, as it faces your way. Tonight's a little warmer, but too much cloud cover to bother star gazing for any strange lights.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Ah ok!

Thanks man, I thought they were planets. Was very cool to see them and the moon so large & bright, light up the sky nicely.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hello All,
I just wanted to see if anyone noticed The sky Light up at around 1:30-2:30 am on December 27, 2008. (my location is Angels Camp California).
There was a cloud cover. the sky suddenly started getting bright very fast, but the light didn't appear to have a single origin. Instead it just appeared to be the whole sky getting brighter and bright. after about 10-15 seconds it just went away. the light was much like a bright blue.
Now i have read some of the posts about the different types of meteors, but I wanted to go ahead and run this past you guys.
Let me know if you have seen anything.
CuriousinCali

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I saw something similar in Chicago December 7, in the evening. Same thing, plenty of cloud cover, no storms in the area, yet the sky and clouds lit up like a lightning flash for a few seconds. Must have been a meteor too.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
this just happened in philadelphia, pa in the usa
my roomates and i are freaking out
today is january 7th 2009

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Me and a friend just saw the same thing tonight. I wasn't anywhere near her at the time but we both saw an unusual flash in the sky.

There was cloud cover, and the sky lit up for about 5 seconds. At first i thought it was lightning but only later i realized it wasn't the right colour, and my eyes were focused on street lights changing from amber to red at the time. Thought it was cause of my focus that it looked wierd. Then when i spoke to my friend 20 minutes later, she told me she and her friends, while also driving, saw a flash of light in the sky turn from blue, to green to red and then nothing.

When i noticed the sky light up i looked around for the source of the lightning. just on my right, Within what appeared to be a cloud was an intense glow that looked spherical in shape, like it came from a single point and there was an even ambient glow.

I myself thought it was lightning. It was only after hours after my phone call with my friend i realized, hold on a second i didn't hear any thunder and my drivers side window was down (on my right).

I went to the beauro of meteorology website, to look at cloud cover over victoria. What was interesting, not only was there little cloud cover on the 6 hour radar feed, the areas of which lightning had been detected, were all over Australia, but nothing within the state of Victoria.

So i thought i saw lightning, with no lightning detected, nor clouds capable of creating lightning.

Its only when i thought i'd google what we both saw, i stumbled across this. very strange indeed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join