It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoprite Refuses to Inscribe Birthday Cake

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Wow, people get off these folk's backs.

So they named their kid after a person who happened to be an insane genocidal maniac. Perhaps they simply liked the sound of the name?

Maybe society has to be a little less thick minded and get over itself. A name is a name and only has meaning if you say it should.

If they named their kid after any of the early leaders of our country (who brutally killed off countless Native Americans) would we all protest their discretion?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
The parents should be dumped feet-first into a woodchipper, and the kids given up for adoption.

Anyone who names their kid "Adolph Hitler" is pretty much, by definition, a worthless human being.

What a miserable thing to do to your child

My sympathies are with the kid, it's not his fault his parents are gibbering NAZI idiots, but IMO Shoprite had every right to refuse to put "Adolph Hitler" on a cake

Or maybe the people who have prejudice against the child with a name like that should be in a chipper? They're the only ones causing it to be an issue.

It's a name for christs sake.. and nothing to do with the 'Hitler'. A name is a name.. a word used for legal documents and introducing yourself, if you don't go around using a nick name.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It's obvious to me that the parent's of this child are white supremacists and or Neo Nazis and have named their child after one of the world's greatest monsters in a sign of adoration for that person's accomplishments/crimes.

The store in my opinion while having the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, I think that they were indeed wrong for not making a birthday cake for a three year old child.

After all it's still a child, a child that is impressionable and its sad that this child had to miss out on an aspect of his birthday because of his name.

It's obvious to me that the parents while having the right to name their child anything they want have done so in such poor taste it would be probably in the best interest of the child if child protective services be called in to make sure that this is the only unfortunate part of this child's life that he has to endure.

That being said I wonder if it's really inappropriate to name your child after someone you idolise? Even though many would agree that Neo Nazis and white supremacists are not the most welcomed of organizations they are in fact well within their own constitutional rights to believe whatever idiocy they wish.

The simple truth remains that if this child can get past the obvious brainwashing his parent's are going to bestow upon him growing up, it's quite likely that he will change his name at the first opportunity. I am sure that any judge would be more than happy to help him out with a name change as soon as this child turns 18.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This isn't the first time this family has had a run in with the same store over cake decorating. They are playing everybody for fools including their poor kids who don't know any better. Just a bunch of dumb hillbillies.

EASTON, Pa. – A supermarket is defending itself for refusing to a write out 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell's name on his birthday cake.

Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman, said the store denied similar requests from the Campbells the last two years, including a request for a swastika.

"We reserve the right not to print anything on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate," Meleta said. "We considered this inappropriate."

So, the store denies your request for a swastika on a cake and you think you can go back to the same store and request a cake with Adolph Hitler Campbell on it. Pathetic.

The family is clearly milking this. They went to Wal-Mart and had a cake made to their exacting standards. Maybe next year they will spare us all and buy a couple of boxes of Duncan Hines and decorate it themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joe1378
Wow, people get off these folk's backs.

So they named their kid after a person who happened to be an insane genocidal maniac. Perhaps they simply liked the sound of the name?

Maybe society has to be a little less thick minded and get over itself. A name is a name and only has meaning if you say it should.

If they named their kid after any of the early leaders of our country (who brutally killed off countless Native Americans) would we all protest their discretion?

so let's see...he can name his kid hitler, who has no knowledge of how it's going to effect him later in his childhood. or the father could have his own name changed legally and spare the child. so....what did he do? he named his unknowing and unwilling kid hitler. what a coward, what?... does the father twist the heads off of cats too?

and wal-mart does the birthday cake, but doesn't allow the dixie chicks CD to be sold in their stores? i guess we should now start the zeik-hiel salute whenever we enter the front doors of wal-mart. maybe wal-mart could put in a nazi memerobilia aisle in its stores, you know,...for the free-speech types of people.

aren't any veterens p-ssed off about this? is this the way wal-mart honors the soldiers that died fighting against hitler, by having a cake inscribed with "happy bithday hitler", done in their own store?

wow, i'm a liberal democrat and i wouldn't think of dishonoring our fallen soldiers like that, it's disgusting and vile, and truly un-american.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Better yet, you could open your own store and only sell items you deem appropriate.

That would be too hard though, wouldnt it?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Government Cheese
reply to post by jimmyx

Better yet, you could open your own store and only sell items you deem appropriate.

That would be too hard though, wouldnt it?

uhhmmm... no....if it's my store, i could sell anything i want, but i would have some limits, apparently you wouldn't. so you justify this action by wa-mart? what may i ask would you consider...inapproriate? little hatchets and scalping sets for the native american crowd?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Decorating a cake for a kids birthday doesnt cross any line whatsoever, regardless of what the retard parents chose to name that kid.

The name only brings negative attention because people choose to focus on it.

Would denying a kid a birthday cake make you feel better?

I let the free market decide what is appropriate. If something doesnt sell, out it goes.If it sells like the proverbial hotcakes, who am I to inject my personal opinions? People dont open a business to make social commentary, they do so to make a PROFIT.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Government Cheese]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Government Cheese
reply to post by jimmyx

Decorating a cake for a kids birthday doesnt cross any line whatsoever, regardless of what the retard parents chose to name that kid.

The name only brings negative attention because people choose to focus on it.

Would denying a kid a birthday cake make you feel better?

I let the free market decide what is appropriate. If something doesnt sell, out it goes.If it sells like the proverbial hotcakes, who am I to inject my personal opinions? People dont open a business to make social commentary, they do so to make a PROFIT.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Government Cheese]

there's a free market? ...ok...if you wanted to sell prostitutes out of a store, by the hour, or by the day, you could make a hell of alot of profit. but...personal opinions of other people deemed that to be illegal. so...there are limitations.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

If I wanted to rent out hookers, I'd set up shop in any one of the numerous counties in Nevada where the puritanical BS hasnt infected everyone.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I agree. The parents also have a child with the name "Arian Nation" and allegedly asked for a swastika one year. The news had to blur all the man's tattoos bcuz they were so offensive. There's a reason he named his children what he did. Don't be fooled. Thumbs up to that Shoprite.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
UPDATE!

HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Police say three New Jersey siblings whose names have Nazi connotations have been placed in the custody of the state. Holland Township Police Sgt. John Harris says workers from the state Division of Youth and Family Services on Tuesday removed 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell and his younger sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell from their home Tuesday. Harris says family services did not tell police the reason the children were removed. Agency spokeswoman Kate Bernyk says it does not comment on specific cases.

www.mcall.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join