It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blu Ray Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Have you experienced the Blu Ray experience? I just got the Dark Knight after work and am watching it now. The things you can see on a Blu Ray, the sound quality, amazing. And the features! I read the back of the DVD and the Blu Ray and well, Blu Ray equals tons of more footage, tons of features, and well, wow! The details are amazing. Can any one say Harvey Dent is just so handsome in hi def! I also have Wanted, 300, Afro Samurai, so forth on the Blu Ray. I even rented 300 on DVD and watched it on one TV while playing the Blu Ray on a different TV just too see the difference. WOW!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Oh yes...Just watched "The Dark Night" on Blue Ray also (PS3)..
Close ups on the Joker in Jail talking to Batman.
Awesome.
"Wanted" is way cool on BR also.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just found out that the Dark Knight has 0, that is ZERO features on DVD. Only the Blu Ray version has extras!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've been planning on getting the dark knight on blu-ray as well, just don't have the cash to shell out for it yet. I will say this much, Transformers on blu-ray, freakin epic. Not only do you have very detailed giant robots, you also have Peter Cullen (What I would imagine god to sound like) reprising his role as Optimus Prime.

I also own the fifth element on blu-ray, let's just say I was less than impressed. I love that movie, but the fact that you can clearly see some of the special effects matting totally ruins it for me. DVD quality is just fine on that.

off topic: your hair is outstanding, very nicely done.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I want a bluray player because Resident evil degeneration is only bluray, no DVD for RE anymore, saddening really

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
For Christmas I got Letters From Iwo Jima and Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid on Bluray. I've only watched a scene from Butch Cassidy so far, but it looked amazing.
I'll have to watch the entire thing soon.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Certainly in the UK blu-ray discs are noticeably more expensive, but I think they're worth it overall. They're more of "an event" to watch, especially if you have a larger tv screen. A major British retailer has gone bust, Woolworths, all their stores are closing shortly. Have used that opportunity to by some bargain blu-ray discs ... just watched "Wanted" (James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Angelina Jolie ... an OK movie, special effects are tremendous).

I bought my old man a blu-ray player for Christmas. Even he notices the difference & is quite enthusiastic, so much so he's going to buy his first flatscreen 1080p tv early in the New Year. Bang goes my inheritance ...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I visit my new PS3 online everyday until the day I get to actually buy it. I am so looking forward to the blu ray player as I just bought my new 42" 1080p TV a few weeks ago

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yesterday I watched my Butch Cassidy Bluray. It was great.

I'm going to watch Letters From Iwo Jima over the weekend.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I just got finished watching Letters From Iwo Jima. It was amazing.

The picture was incredible. Amazing picture, and also amazing sound. The gun shots, explosions, looked and sounded incredible. It was like the movie theater.

Not to mention this is the first time I've seen the entire movie. I've only seen it on TV before. Now I saw all the scenes, like when the machine gunner loses an arm, and the suicides. It's such a great movie, and when I see it in this kind of picture and sound, it's just incredible. Has to be one of my favorite movies now.

[edit on 1/2/09 by enjoies05]

new topics

top topics

join