It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, did the hadrons Collinder actually work? and why the silence now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
So, did the hadrons collinder actually work? did it do its job? there was so much hype and speculation to the build up of the big day when it was switched on and now there does not seem to be much being said about it?

I mean, I know the experiment went well I guess. But have the scientists there been able to rip a hole in space and time? or discovered how to travel at the speed of light or faster? have they discovered anything else new and are keeping it a secret from us?

who knows??

Would like to see your views on this.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
From what I recall it had some issues and they need to make some repairs.

Their latest news (as of 12/12) has details.

LHC 12/12 Repair News

The teams are conducting tests to ensure that such an incident does not reoccur. Almost the entire machine has now been tested, with new tests having been developed and additional instrumentation being deployed.

The schedule for the LHC re-start in 2009 is being drawn up and will be announced during the Council’s December Session.

Sounds like they are still working out a few kinks.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Yes it worked. It was spun up and did a few test runs. It actually wasn't meant to be fully operational until the middle of next year and so no experiments of any note were conducted.

As you know it's broken so that's all there is to know until it's fixed - again sometime next year.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hello Frogs and Vonspurter,

Thanks for the links and info, Now I understand why there has been a bit of silence about this. Guess more will be said once its fixed and back next year.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by justjoemusic
So, did the hadrons collinder actually work? did it do its job? there was so much hype and speculation to the build up of the big day when it was switched on and now there does not seem to be much being said about it?

Would like to see your views on this.

My view is that the Internet search engines queried with "hadrons collinder" don't return as much info as with "hadron collider."

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I agree with the OP theme... something might indeed be suspicious about how there was a shut down and now it's taken a back seat in the news.

The whole business seems fishy to me. If it really broke down, was it perhaps, I'm just imagining, sabotage of some sort? Is there some drama we in the public aren't privvy to?

I just feel like with all the run up to the thing being operational and now it needs major repairs... seems to me the engineering would be at such a high level that once operational it would continue to be operational. Can't really put my finger on it, but something smells like disinfo.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Crikey. It simply broke down. It's an experimental aparatus on an unprecedented scale, and break-downs happen with such things.

Only the paranoid would think something weird is happening. There is no rational reason to assume so.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Contrary to what seems to be the common propaganda it hasn't collided a single thing yet and yes I think myself that they are covering up more about the damage than they put forward publicly.

If you are to believe their assessment it will be doing it's first collisions in spring of next year I guess that's when we really find out what will happen.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

Why would they falsify anything? How can they falsify anything when there are tens of thousands of scientists working on it? It doesn't make any sense to think something strange is going on - there simply is no evidence or even motive to think that.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Hadron collinder would suggest a search for a large sieve used in cooking. Where-as 'collider' means to smash into something hence your search would differ.

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The machine broke down when the tube that holds the hydrogen particles filled with hellium. This was one one the horror scenerios that the scientists who were against it stated could happen while at full operation. Had the eccelerator been at full power and hit the hellium, the result would have been a super thermo nuclear reaction like nothing ever seen before. There would be the possibility of actually burning off the atmoshpere in a massive chain reaction. But at the very least Europe would simply vaporize in a bright bright momment of nuclear nightmare. And the rest of the world, well... it wouldn't be a nice place to live.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Fromabove]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
public.web.cern.ch...
This should help.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I,m not a scientist by any means but what your saying is that there is a distinct possibility of serious re-percussions.

I have heard this many times here on ATS, dooms day and all that.

do you really think?

[edit on 14-12-2008 by albertfothergill]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Why would they falsify anything? How can they falsify anything when there are tens of thousands of scientists working on it? It doesn't make any sense to think something strange is going on - there simply is no evidence or even motive to think that.

If there is money/funding involved not to mention their image why wouldn't they withhold any potentially damaging fact's I can't think of any company in the world that wouldn't.

Besides I never accused them of falsifying a thing I just don't think the full story is out and I would be suprised if they are even able to start it up again next year despite their optimistic predictions.

When you get right down to it they are out of their depth.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Teknikal]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Unless you can demonstrate any evidence of your assertions, they will remain an opinion and nothing more.

They are not out of their depth. They are some of the finest minds in the world pushing the boundaries of equipment and experiments.

Even if they do not start up next year it doesn't automatically mean they are withholding anything - the full extent of the damage is very difficult to discover, due to the size, complexity, and operating temperature of their equipment. It took ages for them to make a preliminary assessment due to the length of time it took to heat the equipment back up enough for people to go near it. Not to mention massive parts of it will become irradiated when it is used, further hampering any access to large parts of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I doubt that very much. Even if the Helium did fuse with any of the accelerated particles, there wouldn't be enough material to generate a huge thermonuclear explosion like you describe.

Do you have any supporting evidence that what you're saying isn't utter tripe?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
No idea what the cause of damage was that has to be repaired now.. but could it be that our guardian aliens sabotaged it for some good reason they might have?

Kay

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kay_S
No idea what the cause of damage was that has to be repaired now.. but could it be that our guardian aliens sabotaged it for some good reason they might have?

I reckon they did.

To stop the evil elite opening their portal to hell and letting all their mates through.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by albertfothergill
reply to post by stander

Hadron collinder would suggest a search for a large sieve used in cooking. Where-as 'collider' means to smash into something hence your search would differ.

Hope this helps.

I guess you missed the title of this thread and the name of the author.

Here, you can take a look at what one microscopic black hole can do.
news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by switching yard

Crikey. It simply broke down. It's an experimental aparatus on an unprecedented scale, and break-downs happen with such things.

Only the paranoid would think something weird is happening. There is no rational reason to assume so.

This.

The LHC is the biggest scientific technological apparatus since the first space shuttle launch.

This is precisely why so much testing was needed before any actual scientific study could begin.

It is dangerous, because we are playing about with a lot of "theory" when we know so little about the very basic principles.

It's interesting that we are so willing to trust theories and ideas and potentially create particles that we know nothing about and do not know how to control, and yet we can't build the machine to do this without major technical difficulties.
These scientists are happy to create something that we know nothing about (beyond theories and propositions) using a machine that proves we can't even control and manage basic gases, magnetic forces and large (but within scale) energies.

If we cannot effectively manage a machine based on technical knowledge and existing physical science, how on earth can we believe that we know how to control the energy, bi-products and all other unknowns "assumed" and "expected" based on theories which could have gone wrong at any point in the physics chain?

One theory is accepted, and another BASED ON THAT THEORY is created, and another, and another. Any one of these theories accepted by modern science could be incorrect, making all those assumptions following it unsound.

Marie Currie had no perception of the dangers of what she was doing, yet all of her work was based on known physics and science.
That should be a warning, not that exploration and scientific progress is dangerous (of course it is) or shouldn't be followed, but that such steps shouldn't be taken so lightly and with such arrogant denial and assertion that one is right.

The scientists involved in this project are arrogant to the extreme. They refuse to accept that there is any danger in what they are doing. When there clearly is.
They are like religious zealots demanding that their way is right, holy even, and that all opposition is simply due to ignorance and fear.

The fact is, however much they say "everything will be fine", they do not know this.
I am not against these methods of scientific research, a lot could come from the LHC.
I just think that their attitude is wrong, their methods are unsound and the timing is terrible.

Once we have learned how to control and manage the very basic elements of this series of experiments, then we can move forward.
Until then, we are like a child playing with a nuclear reactor and assuming that we know what will happen because we know how to push a button.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join