It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheeps clothing = symbolism and idols.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, my first thread I've ever actually made, I'm usually more comfortable replying to other peoples thoughts, but while talking to someone privately it hit me on exactly what is a sheeps clothing.

Matthew 7:

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

What exactly is someone who comes to you in sheep's clothing? I say it is those who come wearing heavy symbolism. They will be wrapped up in religious(or political) symbolism. But under that symbolism, they are actually raving wolves who do NOT actually follow what Jesus, or even the constitution(if american politician) says.

The catholic church has done this for centuries. They take people who lack understanding, and then those people follow the symbolism around and do not actually do what Jesus taught. You can see the fruits of the church, where they have killed those who disagreed and such. Those fruits are rotten. And a wide gate does it preach, which we can see has lead to much destruction.

How many Christians voted for an supported GWB just because he was a christian? That is a wolf in sheeps clothing. You can tell by GWB's actions that he was not a true follower of Christ. You could not tell by his clothing(christian), but you can tell by his fruits and actions. Oh what a corrupted fruit that be.

Also going to leave this thread with something the other person shared with me which I think is very fitting for these times.

Psalm 82

1God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

How much longer will we accept the wicked? How much longer will wolves be able to wrap themselves up in symbolism as a way of misleading the people? How much longer will we be hypocrits and fail to see the sin in our own actions, which we wrongly judge as being "justified"?

How much longer will people bow to the idol of Jesus and other religious symbols and ignore the understandings those people tried to give us?

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light , not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of god. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make and manifest the glory of god that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Authors Details: Marianne Williamson
"Our greatest fear" from her book 'A return to love'

[edit on 12-12-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Great thread. I never actually related symbolism with sheep's clothing, but now I see that it all does make sense. I have always avoided symbolism and tried to think things through before following someone or something, but almost the entire world today is controlled by symbols and they don't even realise it. Most people need something to believe in and they don't know what it is so they just follow a group of people to satisfy that need. However, I think I am better off trying to understand things than just being a follower.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Cool,love to see more and more people waking up to the truth about Jesus Christ.So much God-bashing is going on in these forums,the people doing the bashing have no idea what God's Wrath is,and what awaits the future.

To think....for people to be so deep into these conspiracies(Much of it being disinformation,Aliens/UFOs) and still cannot find the truth because they do not have that spirit of truth dwelling inside of them,who is Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Great thread. It was rather interesting that before I even got to your second paragraph I immediately thought about the Catholic religion fitting the profile. I have always felt very uneasy and avoidant of the whole Catholic entity. Something just feels wrong there.

Especially when you see things like this:

tinypic.com...

[edit on 12/12/2008 by EarthFairie]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I concur. I think a lot of being able to recognize decievers is by drawing close to G-d and walking AFTER "His Spirit."

My intent WAS to vote GWB, but even though I could explain it at the time, I sensed something was not write and at the last second, took the leap of faith to trust "the gut feeling" and wrote down another name. I cried the whole way home because at the time (once the "gut feeling" was gone), I thought I had made a huge mistake. (yes, I am that much of a political nerd haha) As the past 4 years have unfolded, I have been amazed thinking about that "gut feeling" and how reliable it actually was.

Psalm 44 is another fitting passage that has great wisdom in it.
Glad ya shared this with us OP.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

The things GWB said sounded great. But the problem is he was either lying, or had no real intentions of doing it. I leaned more McCain in that one, but this was all back when I was asleep(didn't support McCain this time around).

I didn't really start to not like Bush until the Iraq war.

But this is a good example of what it means about god picking the leaders of the earth IMO. GWB woke me up. I'd have to thank him for that. I could never support him, but if not for him I'd still be asleep. It doesn't mean the leaders are always good(as with GWB, Hitler and countless others), but the leader the people of the time need or deserve.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thought you might be interested in this video. The whole series is very interesting and the fact that He uses not only the Bible but correlations outside of is a big plus for me. While his take on certain things in the Bible differs from mine, this is still a great eye opener.

This one is about hidden symbols in gov't AND religion. If I remember correctly, he leads up to showing the symbology that is being used in the organizations that are deceiving the people. His basis for the whole series is "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them." Ephesians 5: 11

video.google.com...

Here's another video that SHOULD BE a HUGE eyeopener concerning the church. The first part was hard for me to watch (not bc it is boring, but you will understand what I mean), but is necessary for the 2nd half. It shows how sick many churches have gotten and can help others to be aware that just because it is a church doesn't mean you should trust it.. and in fact, quite the opposite. G-d should lead you to a church IF that is His will.. I don't encourage "shopping" for one or feeling you HAVE to go. If you are meant to be at one, G-d WILL let you know.

video.google.com...

[edit on 12-12-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

OK, I'm just starting Part 2, and while he is talking truth he is also deceiving. He just finished it off for me when he mentioned that the serpent tells them they will be come like god. And he is saying that is only a luciferian belief, but in that same exact chapter God repeats it and confirms it is fact.

In all this research, I don't see how he can just no know that, or why he would want to make it seem as though that is a lie.

But he is right about the 2 versions and the understanding. There is another understanding that the church is used to feed the "cattle" that is not true. And MANY of the things he is quoting in what the Masons said I know are true. Some of them exactly true and what I learned on my own in understanding.

It's a bit odd to me that he talks about 1 understanding being used to hide the true meaning, but then dismisses the true meanings that were meant to kept hidden as false. If these true meanings were public knowledge, they lose all power as he says at the start.

To blasphemy against the holy spirit you must first know the holy spirit, which is to know the truth. So to know the truth, keep it for yourself and deny it in others for your own personal gain is IMO to do that, but that doesn't make the things they kept hidden false. Although I'm not in agreement with everything the masons say and do, some of the things he points out are things I know are true.

So I'm a bit confused on what he is saying is truth. Going to watch the rest of it, but so far it seems to be a pitch for the false understandings.

Gonna finish watching now.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I've seen the entire series. The only problem I have is that they are Seven Day Adventist and push this view as part of the series. But for the overall conspiracy, I really like this series. There is alot of good stuff in there.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just finished part 2. I do agree with him a good bit. The only thing is that he seems to take the misleading parts from what he even says is a masonic creation, published by masons and so on as his beliefs, and rejects the parts where the actual truth has been kept secret.

Some of these true meanings were held secret and kept from man to keep them ignorant. So it doesn't seem very smart to reject those truths in favor of what is obvious manipulation.

But when he talks about the symbolic language and stuff, that is true. But like when he talks about how the Templars spit on the cross, and then talks about how they look at the cross as a victory over Jesus and calls both of them bad - I'm a bit confused. I am not fond of the cross at all, I also view it as symbolizing evils victory over good, and that Jesus is a sacrifice to keep there power going, or a sacrifice of truth to keep the lie going. Of course, as Jesus sets the example in doing what he did, that victory is only temporary.

As for what he says about new age, I don't know if that is all bad. I see many truths in what they say that goes with what Jesus says. However, if you take what they say quite literally, then I can see how it is bad. Realizing everyone is one, and trying to conform everyone into one(thus losing individuality) are 2 different things. And yet, that seems to be how the people this guy talks about operate - take the truth, put symbols on it and then guide people with the symbolism in literal form.

As well he talks about Satan having all the power on earth, and yet the church has been a place of power for all these centuries, and he quotes Paul.

When it comes to all those names and things, and people saying lucifer, satan and so on. I just got to the point where I just didn't trust any of what is attributed to them. I just have to look at the actions that are done.

Interesting video, but I agree and disagree with him, guess that is normal
though.

At the beginning of it, where it talks about the real war. The real war is on consciousness(god).

Going to watch the other link next.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
2nd video has started out well, he gets it. I couldn't tell in the first video if he did or not, but he says what is the most important things at the start of the 2nd video and makes the right separations.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia It's a bit odd to me that he talks about 1 understanding being used to hide the true meaning, but then dismisses the true meanings that were meant to kept hidden as false. If these true meanings were public knowledge, they lose all power as he says at the start.

I don't disagree necessarily. As I stated, I don't see eye to eye on everything that he says concerning his view of the bible, but as we were discussing, not everyone is going to see it exactly the same. I do however like that a lot has been exposed through the series. Difference between us is I don't find it all that odd

There are other videos where he interprets biblical prophecy different than how the Scriptures interpret them, but the content is interesting none the less. It is always good to use caution when watching, listening, or reading anything... to be aware that you don't take in EVERYTHING just because some of it is truth. It is also just as important to remember not to discard the truth just because some of it may be incorrect; of course, I know you get this... just saying in case some others don't.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A Wolf in sheeps clothing. I'd think this is quite clear to see. As a shephard, you'd have to watch over your flock. You are after all your brother's keeper. If a wolf aproaches the warning alarm goes out and everyone has time to take on protection.

However if a wolf dresses in the skins of a sheep, then maybe he can walk among you as a sheep and pounce on the unseeing.

What happens if a sheep dresses up like a wolf, or better yet a lion like a lamb or a lamb like a lion, or a lamb like a wolf?

You are all the wolf in sheeps clothing about to pounce upon the flocks. The wolf is the animalistic biased nature of the beast that radiates from within you. If you refuse to see it, you'll be part of that beast that you refuse to see. That is the deep things of Satan.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
A Wolf in sheeps clothing. I'd think this is quite clear to see. As a shephard, you'd have to watch over your flock. You are after all your brother's keeper. If a wolf aproaches the warning alarm goes out and everyone has time to take on protection.

However if a wolf dresses in the skins of a sheep, then maybe he can walk among you as a sheep and pounce on the unseeing.

What happens if a sheep dresses up like a wolf, or better yet a lion like a lamb or a lamb like a lion, or a lamb like a wolf?

You are all the wolf in sheeps clothing about to pounce upon the flocks. The wolf is the animalistic biased nature of the beast that radiates from within you. If you refuse to see it, you'll be part of that beast that you refuse to see. That is the deep things of Satan.

Ugh!
You know, there is a point to where you can trip yourself with your own arrogance. Have you ever heard that how you view others is a reflection upon yourself? You are having a great time running around the board calling everyone "the beasts within".... it was kind of amusing at first, but seriously now.....

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

What are you even talking about? All I see hear is general accusations without any insight or evidence as to why. Just a general deal about wolves eating sheeps, or whatever they are wearing.

This thread was not about what they do or happens after putting on the sheeps clothing, but rather what the sheeps clothing in itself is. When I see someone putting alot of symbolism around themselves, I feel they are compensating for something, and that is what a sheep's clothing is.

You claim to be rich in the eyes of god(wisdom) so why do you not share your riches(knowledge) with the "poor" here? Anyone can point the finger at someone and yell wolf, in fact, you might even say the wolves like this as it confuses the situation with false alarms. But the one who is telling the truth will be able to identify and point out why it is the wolf by his fruits.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well I had originally posted this in the conspiracy forum, but apparently the methods used by the conspirators don't apply to that, and to talk about it is "just preaching".

Go figure.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

That was a wonderful OP, such truth to it.
I don't feel this message was just you 'preaching' as it was pointing out the churches using symbolism as a means of control, instead of doing what they pretend to do, which is liberate people from oppressions and guide them towards the right path of enlightenment and spiritual growth.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
~Marianne Williamson"

You do this all over these forums, helping more people than you realize.
I thought this recent post was brilliant and found it enlightening.

As far as wolves in sheep's clothing, I have to slightly agree with 'Incarnated' in that I believe we all play every role at some point in our lives, and sometimes what we may percieve as a 'right thing' may be a 'wrong thing' for someone else and therefore a 'wolf attack' to them, or 'snake bite', whathaveyou.

Justamomma wrote:

It is always good to use caution when watching, listening, or reading anything... to be aware that you don't take in EVERYTHING just because some of it is truth. It is also just as important to remember not to discard the truth just because some of it may be incorrect; of course

Exactly.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
As far as wolves in sheep's clothing, I have to slightly agree with 'Incarnated' in that I believe we all play every role at some point in our lives, and sometimes what we may percieve as a 'right thing' may be a 'wrong thing' for someone else and therefore a 'wolf attack' to them, or 'snake bite', whathaveyou.

Thanks,

The deal is, that both good and evil is in us. We are capable of being either, and also both at the same time. Jesus even talks about this when he talks about how even an evil father gives his son good things, and then says so how much greater this will the father give you?

We take from the tree of knowledge, which contains both good and evil. Evil is very much something we can do, and we do/have. This is why we had to be removed from the garden to protect the tree of life. So this is knowledge, to be as god knowing both good and evil. How can we understand hot without cold?

But wisdom is to contain the knowledge, but then also make the right choice. The choice of if you want to be hot or cold. And so to be wise is to know both good and evil, but then choose to be good. And it is the man with wisdom who is rich in the eyes of god.

What I disagree with Incarnated is that he takes away the choice and says that we are evil, like it or not. This is also a place where I draw issue with the teachings of Paul. This entire attitude that we are incapable of being wise. That we might as well just give up, and how by grace we are "saved". Which is to say it's pretty much all without purpose or reason. I reject this at my core.

There is most definitely a difference between a wolf and a sheep.

A sheep is lost. A sheep does not have knowledge and understanding. If a sheep appears as a wolf, it's because has no idea he is following a wolf. The sheep may act as a wolf, but the sheep is still very much a sheep. "Forgive them father, for they know not what they do".

A wolf is not lost. The wolf knows the truth and chooses it's actions anyway, and gets and prey's on the sheep. What is the only thing that isn't forgiven? To blasphemy the holy spirit. This is what a wolf does. To actually blasphemy the holy spirit, you must first know the spirit. You must first know the truth and then turn your back on it to become the wolf.

The Shepard of course tries to help the sheep and point out the wolves and danger. The Shepard also knows the truth, but hasn't turned his back on it.

I'll bet the wolf also takes good care of it's sons.

Of course, all 3 are just different people/beings.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
The deal is, that both good and evil is in us. We are capable of being either, and also both at the same time.

I think we're mostly in agreement here.

Jesus even talks about this when he talks about how even an evil father gives his son good things, and then says so how much greater this will the father give you?

Translation: An 'evil' father is kind to his son so that his seed will continue to multiply on the earth, thus, multiplying evil on the planet?
There would have to be at least some 'good' in the 'evil' father if the son needs good from him to continue to grow, thus, making the statement 'there's evil and good in all of us' true. What he should have said, and maybe this is what was meant, is that a seemingly evil father will show kindness to his child and offer good gifts when the child asks.
"How much moreso will our father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask..."
I believe that when Jesus said this he was speaking in terms the Jews understood about the God they were taught to mainly fear. His whole goal was to make them feel they had as much rights to the power of 'God' as the religious rulers who made everyone feel like they were less than 'worthy' to even approach God, let alone ask for anything. Once they accepted this freedom they were all entitled to anyway, they would slowly begin to discover the many wonders a relationship with this power can have on a person's life; this is the true 'holy spirit', the access inside all of us that's suppressed by mind controlling religions telling us we're 'not worthy' to access it. The religious leaders needed to maintain control, it was their livelihood and the ones behind them, the real 'puppetmasters', didn't want the power Jesus discovered to be discovered by the masses. And so a new religion was born, Christianity, to keep his followers under their control and away from the true source of power, which is inside of all of us without them.

We take from the tree of knowledge, which contains both good and evil. Evil is very much something we can do, and we do/have. This is why we had to be removed from the garden to protect the tree of life. So this is knowledge, to be as god knowing both good and evil.

To be 'as God' is not only the discernment between good and evil, it's being able to control your own destiny using your own free will and discovering the keys to shape your life using the energies around you, rather than being told what you can and cannot do.

But wisdom is to contain the knowledge, but then also make the right choice. The choice of if you want to be hot or cold. And so to be wise is to know both good and evil, but then choose to be good. And it is the man with wisdom who is rich in the eyes of god.

I believe the richness is in the amount of love you project around you, how much of that wisdom you share with others.

What I disagree with Incarnated is that he takes away the choice and says that we are evil, like it or not. This is also a place where I draw issue with the teachings of Paul. This entire attitude that we are incapable of being wise. That we might as well just give up, and how by grace we are "saved". Which is to say it's pretty much all without purpose or reason. I reject this at my core.

Right, telling us we're 'evil' unless we're 'saved by grace' is in fact another form of controlling us even though every child born on this planet was born with free will, it's our biggest gift. Of COURSE doing harm to another human being is wrong, but so is trying to control the minds of people by telling them it's your way or they burn in Hell. Laws of the land are completely different, someone has to keep order, but to tell a person how to think is to control their spirit, which no one has the right to but the one to whom the 'spirit/soul/consciousness' was given.

There is most definitely a difference between a wolf and a sheep.

A sheep is lost. A sheep does not have knowledge and understanding. If a sheep appears as a wolf, it's because has no idea he is following a wolf. The sheep may act as a wolf, but the sheep is still very much a sheep. "Forgive them father, for they know not what they do".

A wolf is not lost. The wolf knows the truth and chooses it's actions anyway, and gets and prey's on the sheep. What is the only thing that isn't forgiven? To blasphemy the holy spirit. This is what a wolf does. To actually blasphemy the holy spirit, you must first know the spirit. You must first know the truth and then turn your back on it to become the wolf.

The Shepard of course tries to help the sheep and point out the wolves and danger. The Shepard also knows the truth, but hasn't turned his back on it.

Most of the time, the ones guiding the 'blind sheep' are just as much a wolf as the ones they're pointing out. Shepherds eat sheep, they live off of their wool. Sheep are the shepherd's livelihood. I don't even like using the terms sheep and shepherds because I believe it's more like there are con artists and those being conned. We all have access to the knowledge, wisdom and power; those pretending to 'lead' and 'care' are the ones keeping it from us.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by mmariebored]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I pretty much agree with you. I call mind control "murder of the mind".

I can see your point about sheeps, wolves and shepards, but I think the true shepard teaches and brings the sheep knowledge so they can stand on their own. So the metaphors do have a limit in how they apply.

Of course, there is also the saying - you can sheer a sheep many times, but skin it only once.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by badmedia]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join