It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where will we be in 5 years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm sure we've all had someone tell us to always consider "Where will I be in 5 years?" It's supposed to help you consider the long term perspective. It serves as a reminder that without effort to get there, you may not. When it comes to reaching goals, they don't usually just happen for you. You need to make them happen. So it's like Yogi Berra said, "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up someplace else."

2008 is drawing to a close. The economy is taking hit after hit on a global scale and the general feeling seems to be that the worst is yet to come. So how bad will it get? Are we beginning another great depression? Is the NWO behind it? Will we be told? Is the Amero coming? Is the North American Union just around the corner? Civil war? Maybe even WW3? Maybe nuclear war somewhere?

Are aliens really here? Will they be disclosed in the next 5 years? Will any supervolcano eruptions or "The big one" type earthquakes occur? Is the world entering another ice age? Will we know in 5 years?

And 2012 is in our time frame for this topic. So what will happen in 2012? Nothing? A pole shift? How big of a catastrophe would that really be? I personally don't believe the world will end in 2012, but some people do.

You might notice I've taken most, if not all of these questions from threads I've seen on ATS recently. Feel free to add anything you think will happen, even if I haven't listed it. What I'm really exploring here, is anything that people really think is going to happen over the next 5 years. I'm sure we'll have many different pictures painted on this thread and I want to look for similarities. A consensus of sorts. It should be interesting.

So please take a little time to consider all of the possibilities and decide which ones you believe will or even may come to pass. Paint us a picture of what you think the world will look like 5 years from now, as 2013 draws to a close. Thanks in advance and be well.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
5 years = December 2013

Personally I expect to be dead.

Nationally I expect those still here will have a mess to deal with.

On the cosmic plane ... who knows.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am wishing for humanity's pitifull differences to be set aside and come to realize that it is just one planet that we all live on and that the time has come for the human race to grow out of its infancy. And that we are all here at ATS still posting away and exchanging ideas and learning new things!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I hope in 5 years time people will have learned from the mistakes we'v all made in the past. Financial and personal.

I hope that a lot of the people in poorer countries, Africa etc are having a lot better standard of living. Something like in england.

I hope the people in Iraq and Afghanistan and all other dangerous countries are living in a much safer place. And that they are happy.

I hope that people of different religions can sit together and accept each others views without killing each other.

If all this happens, and people who have lots help people with little it will surely be a better world.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I hope so, too. But do you really expect that to happen in the next 5 years? Cheers for posting.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Damien_uk

These are all great thoughts but I tend to think that things will get much worse before they get better. People are realizing the errors of their ways. Sadly though, it seems that 5 years is enough time for most of these lessons to be forgotten, yet again.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'll either be in the bush or I will be dead or i will still be here checking ATS.LOL
2 lines are better then one!!

[edit on 11-12-2008 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

But why do you think you'll be in the bush, or dead. What do you think will send you there? Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'll be in the bush bcuz I have a plan in case tshtf.I think I might be dead bcuz I think I might not last if tshtf.There is that chance.
Or I will be here bcuz nothing happened and the economy didn't fail and no WW3.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

So you think there's a chance that economic collapse and/or WW3 could happen in the next 5 years. I can't say niether is impossible. In fact economic collapse looks very possible. Thanks for posting. DrumsRfun.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Hey your a Canadian...how bout being a candidate in my fantasy elections.Hit the link on my signature if you want to be the next PM.
Ya i do think whatever is coming is inevitable.So in five yrs I will be doing either one of those things depending on how things go.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Im scared what tomorrow will bring,it seems to me are lawmakers are out for thierselfs not for the good of are country.
dangov8

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Okay, here is my picture of what 5 years from now will look like....

I think the global economy is going to continue to fall. I believe that in 5 years, we'll be coming out of it and people will feel a greater sense of hope, which may seem new all over again.

I think 2012 passes without incident and ATS will already be inundated with the next popular doomsday date. Perhaps 2020, or something.

I don't see WW3 breaking out in the next 5 years. Nor American civil war. The Amero will likely still be "coming" but won't be in use yet. Same with the "North American Union".

I do think aliens are currently keeping an eye on us and I do think various governments of the world (America and Russia for sure), know it. But we still won't be told. It will take some kind of undeniable proof from a group of civilians before it's all exposed, bit by bit.

"The Big One" type earthquakes will not happen, unless they do. It's a perpetual possibility so I'm just flat out guessing on this issue. Same with supervolcano erruptions. And I sure hope my guess is right on both accounts.

And one last thing I'd like to touch on. I think that in 10-20 years, it could well become understood, that this global economic deconstuction and subsequent reconstruction marked the point where a new golden era really got its firm footing. The space age is very nearly upon us, in a true sense. We're still crossing that threshold but China and India will keep pressure on America, Russia and Europe to push forward.

Lessons learned in the coming 5 years will also hopefully force nations to make stronger economic foundations and in the long run, we should all be better off for it. Hopefully people learn to be better with their money. Many of the problems we're currently facing could have been avoided.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. What do you think? Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join