It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse speech - Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Reverse speech is a hypothesis first put forward by David John Oates. It was widely publicized on Art Bell's nightly Coast to Coast AM radio talk show. Oates' claim is that on average, once in every 15-20 seconds of casual conversation, a person produces two related sentences rather than just one. It is only the forward-spoken message that we can hear consciously. The second message is unconsciously embedded backwards into the person's speech. Backward messages in rehearsed and public speech tend to occur at the less frequent rate of once every 60-90 seconds. These two modes of speech, forward and backward, are dependent upon each other and form an integral part of human communication. One mode cannot be fully understood without the other. In the dynamics of interpersonal communication both modes of speech combine to communicate the total psyche of the person, conscious as well as unconscious

Wiki

PS: I don't really believe in this stuff , but i found it creepy.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ugg. I don't know if there's any truth to the reverse speech deal, but watching those clips of the people fainting at the site of Obama sure did remind me of why I have been so skeptical about him since day one.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I don't know what to think about this reverse speches but this scared me too. Interesting but creepy

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldSecrets

That is where i also stand. I sincerly don't believe too much in the technique but it certainly creeps me out. Especially the first video and the one with "shame on you"

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Fatality]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think you people answered this yourselves.It creeped ya out...That was the point of it.Typical christian trick.

I've seen things like this oh so many times.If we'll record anyone,even the one who made this clips,and reverse it we'll definatelly hear something that "sounds like" Satan/death/rubber duck/fuzzy slippers.Then,we slow it down to sound even more creepy and there ya go.

Who's more creepy though?The one that when his voice is being reversed sounds like he's saying some things or the one who spends his time in doing these things...?

Btw,this is a really old trick,they need some new material imo.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Bet this guy hears reverse satanic stuff on Beatles albums too.

Art Bell is a nut, and he only puts other nuts on his show. The reason he is on after midnight is because he couldn't compete in any regular market.

Ohhhh weeeee oophhh weee

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't know how I feel about reverse speech.... but if someone would not have "told you" what to hear... would you have heard the same thing? Some of those clips I dont think you would have heard anything intelligible.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Keep in mind that the human brain is a pattern recognition device, if you listen to enough reverse speech you will hear things your brain will recognize.

With that being said, I have heard a few examples of reverse speech that were so clear and easy to recognize it creeped me out. These were mostly gibberish and if they hadn't told you what to listen for you probably wouldn't have heard anything but gibberish.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This reverse speaking crap is ridiculous IMO. First of all you need to listen very carefully to hear/interpret something meaningful from it. Secondly, everyone will hear different things when listening without someone´s else´s text in front of them. People will hear what they want to hear. Thirdly, you can always find something resembling normal words when listening to backwards speeches...and how many hours has Barack Obama spoken this year? Hundreds! I bet you can find all the words in the bible by listening to his backward speeches.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I just uploaded a PODcast of mine into Audacity and reversed it and slowed the tempo to see what I might be able to hear... Here are a couple of excerpts from MY speech:

"And I asked for hell that day. But uh.. uh.. uh.. I had one wish..."
"Without the UN... Blow it up."
"See my head"?
"You don't want to fall, leave me alone"
"Sir, my midwife for that name"
"Oh, my gosh, are you out there"?
"Yes, I have found it."

And that's just in ONE 3-minute PODcast! With all the hours of speeches of Obama's out there, I'm sure they could find some real doozies!

Before you give this too much credence, I suggest you try it. I used this PODcast:
www.podtrac.com...
And reduced the tempo 40% and reversed it (using Audacity). You'd be AMAZED what's in there!

Aside from some possibly intentional comments on music media ("I buried Paul") "Reverse Speech" is just another way to scare people about Obama...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

LOL!Please,if you still have it i wanna hear it!!

^*sentence reversed*="Not...an....one-linnneeeerrr......!"

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
By no means i am trying to say this is true , and i also believe that reverse speech is just another way to scare people about certain persons , not only Obama. I just found it pretty scary

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatality
PS: I don't really believe in this stuff , but i found it creepy.

I don't believe it either but I LOVE the reverse speech stuff.

It doesn't matter who it's on - Obama, McCain, the Pope ... it's all cool and creepy!

Fun thread.

edited to add - the backwards crowd chanting - OBAMA becomes 'shame on you'. OMG ... that's really spooky!

[edit on 12/11/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn
LOL!Please,if you still have it i wanna hear it!!

Sorry, I just wrote it down as I listened to it. If you have Audacity (free download) you can put ANY speech in there and reverse it and slow it down.

We used to have fun speeding speech up, too.

www.podtrac.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If any one of youhad actually researched you would know that this is an actual regocnized medically backed science, the pioneer was Dr. David Oates, the fact have been proven that all people are skeaking sub concoiusely in reverse while speaking their conciouse thought forward. Also if you have listend to the reversal I have you would have been able to look up the references made by obama in his reversal. its kinda wierd to say the least, I have posted this info onhere once before, maybe this time some one will notice it, these are the references made in his acceptance speach inthe first three minutes.btw you can find this on youtube and google. He refers to him self as NABU-

For other uses, see Nabu (disambiguation).

Lee Lawrie, Nabu (1939). Library of Congress John Adams Building, Washington, D.C.Nabu is the Babylonian god of wisdom and writing, worshipped by Babylonians as the son of Marduk and his consort, Sarpanitum, and as the grandson of Ea. Nabu's consort was Tashmetum.

Originally, Nabu was a West Semitic deity introduced by the Amorites into Mesopotamia, probably at the same time as Marduk. While Marduk became Babylon's main deity, Nabu resided in nearby Borsippa in his temple E-zida. He was first called the "scribe and minister of Marduk", later assimilated as Marduk's beloved son from Sarpanitum. During the Babylonian New Year Festival, the cult statue of Nabu was transported from Borsippa to Babylon in order to commune with his father Marduk.

Nabu is accorded the office of patron of the scribes, taking over from the Sumerian goddess Nisaba. His symbols are the clay writing tablet with the writing stylus. He wears a horned cap, and stands with hands clasped, in the ancient gesture of priesthood. He rides on a winged dragon (mušhuššu, also known as Sirrush) that is initially Marduk's.

The etymology of his name is disputed. It could be derived from the root nb´ for "to call or announce", meaning something like "He who has called".

His power over human existence is immense, because Nabu engraves the destiny of each person, as the Gods have decided, on the tablets of sacred record. Thus, He has the power to increase or diminish, at will, the length of human life.

Nabu is mentioned in the Bible as Nebo in Isaiah 46:1 and Jeremiah 48:1.

A statue of Nabu from Calah, erected during the reign of Tiglath-pileser III is on display in the British Museum.

In late Babylonian astrology, Nabu was connected with the planet Mercury. As the god of wisdom and writing, he was equated by the Greeks to either Apollo or Hermes, the latter identified by the Romans with their own god Mercury.

This article incorporates text from the public domain Easton's Bible Dictionary, originally published in 1897.
Lets also see who Nabu was related to.

Marduk's original character is obscure but he was later on connected with water, vegetation, judgment, and magic.[2] He was also regarded as the son of Ea (Sumerian Enki) and Damkina and the heir of Anu, but whatever special traits Marduk may have had were overshadowed by the political development through which the Euphrates valley passed and which led to imbuing him with traits belonging to gods who at an earlier period were recognized as the heads of the pantheon. There are particularly two gods—Ea and Enlil—whose powers and attributes pass over to Marduk. In the case of Ea, the transfer proceeded pacifically and without effacing the older god. Marduk took over the identity of Asarluhi, the son of Ea and god of magic, so that Marduk was integrated in the pantheon of Eridu where both Ea and Asarluhi originally came from. Father Ea voluntarily recognized the superiority of the son and hands over to him the control of humanity. This association of Marduk and Ea, while indicating primarily the passing of the supremacy once enjoyed by Eridu to Babylon as a religious and political centre, may also reflect an early dependence of Babylon upon Eridu, not necessarily of a politic

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

Thanks for all the info BeyondBelow. I can see you are well read on the subject. Honestly though ... for me it's just creepy fun. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

"Without the UN... Blow it up"? I never expected that from you BH!!

It is some creepy stuff, gave me goosebumps listening to the youtube videos. But I did laugh quite a bit at the "I can almost hear myself misleading". I think that may be the funniest thing I have heard all day.

I've never looked into speech reversal, but it's a bit interesting so I may need to. It's got me curious now about what could be found if I reversed my own speeches. (Well, not technically speeches.. Verbal rants would probably be a better term.)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I totally agree it is creepy fun, the realy trippy part is its real, that is what bakes my noodle. look into it the further you dig the stranger it gets.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
"Without the UN... Blow it up"? I never expected that from you BH!!

Hey, I'm an Obama supporter... What do you expect?

I found several good things in PODcasts I've made. Who knew I was so evil!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I don't know what I think about the topic of reverse speech for sure, but it is interesting. Here is a website that has audio samlpes from the Apollo moon missions reversed. Cool Stuff! Apollo Moon Landing Reverse Speech

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join