It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 really, really scary predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Dow 4,000. Food shortages. A bubble in Treasury notes. Fortune spoke to eight of the market's sharpest thinkers and what they had to say about the future is frightening.

money.cnn.com...

And they all say the same thing!
We F*****!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
There are still a lot of die hard's out there who don't see it that way...
Mexico bought back less than a fourth of the 18 billion pesos ($1.3 billion) why because most of the people who hold these notes want the 7% return they were promised not the .5 % the government offered! US T bills saw the same thing happen last week ,some not only trading at 0% but they for a time fell into the negative numbers....

Greed is still alive and thriving and will only add to our downfall...
Case in point Greenwich Financial Services and their class-action lawsuit against the Countrywide Financial....
News story
In short the people at Greenwich Financial claim any mortgage readjustments violates the terms of their bond contracts. they don't want the government or anyone else telling them they cant have all the money promised to them and insist on getting back every penny! They would rather foreclose all those defaulted loans rather than take a loss....

No my friends right now its a money grab and people are lining up to line their pockets... the crash could come quicker then most think!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
All of this is just a planned event to make the American people scream for government to save them. Once they get a big majority of people to start begging for help the government will help but in return the people will have to give up many of their rights. Notice that Government biggest power is fear. Every day they are warning us of some kind of danger.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I said this in another thread I created about the t-bills going into 0 to negative territory. The US is using them to fund the bailouts, basically taking your money(if you buy t-bills) and sending it straight into the pockets of foreign governments, companies, and crone CEOs.

Because of this you can bet that the US government is having a hard time drumming up support from creditors. The US credit rating will be dropped to BBB or lower because we have borrowed so much that paying the interest would be a task that would take several generations before we even started to nick at the principle.

Mid 2009 the US government WILL BE IN DEFAULT!

The only people trying to say otherwise at this point are the ones that are buying everything up. Like other banks, Media outlets are covering for the theft and so is congress. The rest of us, the vast-minority, will be prepared as we have the foresight to see where this is going, and I, along with a few, will be jumping ship when the time comes, and if you're with me, you even say "huh?" and you'll be talking to yourself.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What I want to know is;
"Who is lending all this money to the governments"

If we are talking about 100's of billions of dollars and every country is feeling the pinch who is lending such large amounts?

Also, the fact that the west has hit the peak of economical growth and come out in debt is shocking. Britain has just been through quite a good few years of prosperity. But the government took all it earned and borrowed more. Why?

Example, if i earn £20000 a year, id be a fool to spend £25000. So why does our government spend more than it earns?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_uk
What I want to know is;
"Who is lending all this money to the governments"

Central banks mostly and private investors. Central banks hold most of any governments debt at interest(They essentially rob the tax payer), and the private investors usually get their info from Central Banks on where to invest. Now, depending on what the government's agenda is, this could be a good thing or a bad thing for the private investor. Right now it's a bad thing because the US government is in default(only no one is admitting it) and they're trading t-bills at 0 to negative interest in order to finance bailouts and wars, meaning the FED probably won't be lending to the Treasury anymore, and they will hold this country by the balls for the next 200 years.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Definately seems that way.
I don't remember where I heard it recently (some former top dog in gov't) but the gov't has been printing more and more money to pay the weekly debt obligations simply because the debt is far beyond the country's ability to repay at this point.

Compound that with continuous massive spending and less tax revenue = crash, and probably sooner that later.

Interesting how Congress is spending all their time for weeks now debating the "Big 3 Bailout", a measly $15 billion or so, while they mindlessly dumped $700 billion into the banksters coffers a few months ago with no oversight. You can just smell that carcass rotting away.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Considering CNN is usually behind the times on financial acumen, the situation is probably a lot worse.

The biggest shoe to drop next is going to be the destruction of consumer spending which is the largest component of GDP. This is happening as we speak. For example, Long Beach is the US busiest port for consumer goods and this has run into a wall.

A year ago the industrial vacancy in Long Beach was virtually nothing. Now just take a quick look at the industrial buildings and warehouses that are available for lease and sale (and this is just the smaller ones):

www.orealo.com...

A lot of the warehouses are being rented month just for retailers that cannot ship the inventory to their own warehouses because of a glut of excess inventory. This same story is being played out with autos. There is literally an OCEAN of autos being stored at long beach. The news article below only pictures one of the lots...

laist.com...

We are in the VERY EARLY stages of a huge economic downturn...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniel666

i did read the reports by the 8 authors...

the last one 'Ross' said he was already into 'distressed' financial firms...
what's he doing??
buying into failing financial companies to get 'bailout' fund awards that he will excape from repaying on technical maneuvours suchas selling the bailout debt as bonds...
that sounds like the same principles that allowed sub-prime mortgages to flourish like jungle vines

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Listen, the failed economy is a staged recession. The DOW JONES plunged -700 points on BLACK FRIDAY, but sales were at the usual high. There's so much more going on behind the curtains than we will ever be able to know.

top topics

join