It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite (Best) Drummer Of All Time

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by FEDec

See, I get tired playing St Anger on drums but then again, I'm not actually a drummer, I'm a guitarist so huge difference there.

Just imagine if you were playing a piece composed by an actually talented drummer.

The part about finger control is pretty important. Even if you aren't doing crazy stuff it really helps with rolls.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

lol I know what you mean, I like Lars but he's not one of the greats.

I'd have to list a drummer friend of mine from college as one of the best purely for being able to play for two bands in one night and putting up with one of our other douche friends trying to set fire to his leg hair while he's playing.

I saw a video by Ray Luzier (think that's how you spell his name) saying that you're not a real drummer unless you can play a perfect bossa nova.

Also argued with a now ex-friend once when he heard Limp Bizkit's first album a few years ago when he was helping me put drums for my own songs. His comment was "sounds kinda like jazz" to which I replied "yeah, he was a jazz drummer" to which he proceeded to tell me I was wrong and that he was a metal drummer because "he's in a metal band".
edit on 29/9/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join