It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We not only saved the world...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It gets better. The Beeb - bless their cotton socks - has provided an authoritative update on this momentous revelation:

To uproar from the opposition benches, he said "we not only saved the world, er, saved the banks and led the way..." before being drowned out by laughter.

As the prime minister sat down, a biblically minded MP mockingly shouted: "Moses."

The whole thing has got to be up there with the all-time greats.

Now check this out. The BBC seruptitiously acknowledges it's been monitoring international response via ATS:

Tory leader David Cameron then got up to speak, saying: "Well, it's now on the record.

"He's so busy talking about saving the world, he's forgotten about the businesses in the country that he's supposed to be governing."

The prime minister, whose gaffe is already an internet hit, managed a smile.

When he ought to have smiled during the immediate aftermath he remained poker-faced. Then when faced with such a cutting challenge, he smiles!

Just as you think it couldn't get any worse - wait for it - the plot begins to thicken:

Some detractors have jokingly compared him to the fantasy film hero - and partial namesake - Flash Gordon, who rescued earth from attack by Martians.

Source for all quotes: news.bbc.co.uk...

The full truth is finally revealed: not only saviour of the world,

saviour of the universe

[edit on 10/12/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here's the link to the full 30 minutes of PM questions.
the quote is about 3 - 3 1/2 min in.

Samuel

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think we need to look beyond the words and I think it fair to say that PM Brown is a heavyweight player on the global economic scene and how many other countries have had the same financial leader for over a decade.

And just look at the interest in PMQs. Anything that raises the profile of politics can only be seen as a good thing.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
I think we need to look beyond the words and I think it fair to say that PM Brown is a heavyweight player on the global economic scene and how many other countries have had the same financial leader for over a decade.

And just look at the interest in PMQs. Anything that raises the profile of politics can only be seen as a good thing.

The only thing Brown is considered a heavyweight in is his local gym! It was only the other day that the German chancellor was calling him an idiot. Brown is what he is- a mad Scot with a wonky gob and a head full of nonsense. You only have to look at some of the welfare reforms he's considering introducing to realise he's out of touch with us normal folk. The sooner he goes the better, after all, as far as I can remember, I didn't vote for him to be prime minister!
And as for PMQs.. . Have you ever watched it? A bunch of geriatric old farts cat calling one another or kissing each others backsides. It's embarressing.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Only time will tell if Brown's strategy for the UK or the German model will pay most dividend.

Makes you wonder what the Iron Lady would have done??

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Brown is the colour of poop!

Seriously, this guy should not be a PM and never should have been, the guy is an IDIOT!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Taking this thread as a straw pole it appears 'saving the world' isn't going to be sufficient platform for Brown to take the next election.

I wonder what it would take?

reply to post by Freedom ERP

I think you may have hit on the only solution to Brown's predicament: dispatch a 'task force' to Zimbabwe...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP

Declared war on someone or demonised a section of society and spent a fortune on destroying them there by successfully distracting public attention.
Thatcher was an expert in mis-information and deception.

Part of the causation of the current economic mess is a direct result of her policies.

Brown is a complete joke of a PM; Cameron is just as bad.
Current British politicians are bland, incompetent and characterless - a reflection of what they want to turn British society into.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Great minds think alike...

Cometh the hour, cometh the man?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Declared war on someone or demonised a section of society and spent a fortune on destroying them there by successfully distracting public attention. "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Brown can't declare war on anyone at the moment because all our troops are either in Iraq or Afghanistan, so he's taking your other option. He's began to test the water to see what the public reaction would be to attacking the poor, the needy, and the sick. His welfare reforms will bring riots to the streets of this country. The wealthy get richer while the poor, the common working man and woman and the pensioner all see their money cut, taxed or totally withdrawn. And this is a LABOUR government!!!!
"

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

This government seems hell bent on destroying this country and are a disgrace to The Labour Party heritage.

However, we are also paying the price for previous government's policies.

Thatcher started the spiralling house price boom by selling off the majority of council houses and ceasing building new ones thus forcing people into the private housing sector.
Thatcher sold off the family silver, to people who already owned it!
, who inturn took a quick profit, which has resulted in nearly all of this countries utility companies being foreign owned thus heamorraging money out of the country.
Thatcher manipulated events and the media to take away the one tool the working man had to fight back with, the right to strike.
Thatcher decimated this countries manufacturing base turning us into a nation of call centre's and retail outlets.

Thatcher was not responsible for all of this countries current woe's, far from it, but she was an evil, spiteful woman whose policies will continue to effect this country for years to come.

Party politics as a whole has failed us.
We need to re-evaluate this countries needs and how they can best be served.

Party politics has brought about a constant procession of dreary, unimaginative drones whose sole purpose seems to be to toe the party line and spout the predictable party rhetoric and dogma whilst seeking personal gain at every opportunity.
The needs and requirements of this country takes a back seat.

The whole electoral, parliamentary and political process needs to be reviewed with an aim to providing responsible and accountable government whose priorities are the preservation, betterment and well being of this nation and it's citizens.

At present we are being failed miserably and are allowing politicians to dictate to us what happens instead of telling politicians what we want them to do.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

"
Party politics as a whole has failed us.
We need to re-evaluate this countries needs and how they can best be served.
"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're so right! This country needs a new way of doing politics. . . At the moment a serving government fears no reprisals when it goes back on promises it made while in opposition. You can quite simply promise the world and once your in power renage on those promises.
To clean up the way we do elections in this country I would simply make politicians keep their word. Make an election pledge and go back on it once in power and another election has to be organised paid for by the party who broke their pledges. Once a political party realised it had to tell the truth or face bankruptcy we would soon learn the truth and just how bad our economy is.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

At the outset of WW11, parliament was dissolved and the best political and economic minds of the age united in a coalition with the specific aim of putting the countries interests first.

That is the sort of approach required at present.

Only then should we look at modernising our electoral and parliamentary processes with a view to providing accountable government.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

At the outset of WW11, parliament was dissolved and the best political and economic minds of the age united in a coalition with the specific aim of putting the countries interests first.

That is the sort of approach required at present.

Only then should we look at modernising our electoral and parliamentary processes with a view to providing accountable government.

I see what you're saying but considering that modern politicians can't seem to agree on what is good or bad for this country, having a coalition would appear pointless. Modern party politics simply would not allow such a thing and if it did it would collapse in weeks if not days.
I stand by what I said earlier. Making politicians responsible to their constituents and not their party's leader is the only way to rescue our country. They have to learn, or be forced to comply to the will of the people who voted them in. Pointing across the ballot box at the in power party while cat-calling, booing and highlighting their trechery just will not do anymore.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas
Taken out of context... nothing to see here!

On the other hand, saving the banking system = saving the world. But he also explains, that it was the party working with other countries! So your going on about 'british supremecy' has definately nothing to do with what he was saying!

But I don't want to spoil it: watch the video, it's worth it!

BB,
Samuel

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Aldolas]

perpetuating this banking system is actually a big # you to the world, I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join