It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ohio Family That Was Raided by Swat, RETURNED MY EMAIL!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is the best proof about this subject matter possible, for those of you not in on the current topic; there was a family that had their personal food coop raided by US officails on December 1st, the claim was that they were selling un-industrialized beef, among other things. The officials apparently did this in a very odd fashion that is for like of a better word; unconstitutional. I went online and found a link to the Stower's families website. Anyone who would like to give it a try like I did is capable of sending the family E-mail and getting a response. Their website is: www.mannastorehouse.com... . I recieved a response from Katie Stower yesterday this is what the return mail states:

This mail came directly from [[email removed]].

This is the entire email response you can see what I wrote at the bottom of the email.

**Ohio Family Response**
Yes, I can confirm that we had armed men in our home on December 1, 2008. They took thousands of dollars worth of beef, lamb, poultry as well as our computers, cell phones and business records. At this point, we have not talked to the press except to confirm what I just told you - we have been putting our energies into restoring our families and our home. Please know that as soon as we have a statement ready for the press, I will send it to you. Thank you for your concern. It is a tremendous blessing to our family. Katie Stowers

**My Original Mail sent to the Stower's Family**
Original Mail from Scott E. Dixon: Dear Stowers, I was very distrot to hear about your situation. Many of my own family and friends send their love and support. I just must ask if this truely happened. Any answer at all is appreciated I'm just trying to solidify your story. Sincerely, Scott

So in conclusion this is the definite proof skeptics needed to solidify that this actual happened, I again thank Katie Stower for returning my email and I hope you all could send them some love and support. Hopefully there family business fights their way through this and ends up better off from the ordeal.

Personal email address removed.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

How did she email you to say that the armed men made off with her computers?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

That is a very good question but my guess is that she emailed from a different location the original response came from the said email which is directly linked to the site. Be my guest and write them an email, She may also give you a response. The computers she was refering to may have been at the job site but maybe all of there equipment was taken so she may be sending from a friends house. I'm not sure what else to say where would you post email from if someone took all of your computers?

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13

That is a very good question but my guess is that she emailed from a different location the original response came from the said email which is directly linked to the site. Be my guest and write them an email, She may also give you a response. The computers she may also be refering to is at the job site but maybe all of there equipment was taken so she may be sending from a friends house.

Sorry to play skeptic here, but for all we know it could be the armed men writing you back...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I think that could also be a possibility but why would they admit wrong doing? I'm not exactly sure if that would be there best move since now I'm hypothetically holding evidence if they were never to break a story on this. Seemed like a genuine response to me but I understand the worry; It's almost so genuine that it seems a little phoney but at the moment I have absolutely no reason to question her credibility. She also stated she would send me a copy of her news interview when that actually takes place, so I'm awaiting that.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As I said on the other thread for this....I am still highly skeptical of this. Their email may seem genuine, but its just an email. Call me jaded....and I will admit it
It just seems like they are not telling the truth about it all and maybe they used this as a publicity stunt. Seems their story has traveled all over the place - except for legit news outlets. News outlets can still report on the story without getting an interview from them. Yet there is nothing.

*shrug*

Good job though at trying to get to the bottom of this

[edit on 12/9/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I can agree with that, these people could be leaving out vital points of the Raid. It could even be related to tax evasion but I still don't understand why they seized their food. The only way I can think that would be possible is if they were using some chemical to process food; that or the lack there of.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You just never know who is sitting

behind a computer...:shk:

I would leave this alone if i were you.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is very interesting, maybe there's more to the story than meets the eye.

All I know is if someone, whoever it would or could be, pointed guns at my family and robbed me of my stuff would be subject to some serious rage from me.

Maybe the raiders were looking for something, and someone is trying to keep it quiet, maybe even the Stowers family would rather keep it lidded up... for some reason

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yes I haven't exactly thought about the reprocutions of posting this information but since it is my personal Email address I should be allowed to do so. We'll see if I receive anymore information, I would have to make the assumption that I am not the only one to receive this type of email; I could not have been the only one to get this sort of response but quite possibly I'm the only one yet to share it.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Johnny and I are attempting to contact these folks for a possible interview to get the bottom of all of this.

Dave

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I missed the previous thread, so I will put my 2 cents' worth in here.

I live in NE Oklahoma and have been a fan of organic and unprocessed foods for a long time. In particular, my husband and I prefer to get raw milk & cheeses because they seem to cause fewer gastric problems for him (he has acid reflux) than regular grocery store dairy products.

There is a dairy in Claremore, OK which sells raw milk and dairy products. By OK law they can only sell it on their own premises, and the consumer must physically go to their dairy to get it.

About 2 years ago there suddenly appeared in the papers and on the news scary warnings and articles about rabies at this dairy. Some people were actually frightened into going and getting rabies shots (which I hear are quite unpleasant) and the health department and media made a huge fuss about not drinking their milk or eating their cheese.

Now, the truth. One of their cows did have rabies and was put down. It probably got bitten by a rabid animal. The thing is, rabies is only transmitted through brain tissue, spinal fluid, and saliva. Not through milk or even urine. Now, how would any of the above get into the MILK? Like any dairy, the cows' udders are thoroughly washed and disinfected immediately prior to milking. In fact, the dairy consistently passes every inspection and gets high ratings for cleanliness and compliance with all regulations.

Several sources - including the health department - admitted much later that rabies can not be transmitted through milk. And yet they gave people rabies shots! I went to the dairy about 2 weeks after the "scare" and they admitted that sales were WAY down.

The only logical conclusion I can arrive at is that someone used the rabid cow to try to put the dairy out of business. Nothing else makes sense. They KNEW we couldn't get rabies from the milk, and yet they didn't admit it until long after the fuss was all over with, and they went so far as to let people take unnecessary rabies shots!

This past Summer we heard some rumors around the Farmer's Market, too, that they are starting to hassle the little people who grow vegetables and sell eggs, and the guys who have watermelons and pecans and so forth at the side of the road. Makes me wonder what the heck they are putting in the commercial food that they don't want us to be able to avoid. But maybe I'm just paranoid.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

Can you provide the IP addy of the email sent to you?
Just curious...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The radio guy on KLBJ in Austin has covered this. Maybe you could tell manna... to post it on Drudge. Not that you can't get the word out, but the more, the merrier.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The USDA just released their plans to put a law into action that will put all small farmers out of business. Animals for the sale of meat or milk will only be allowed in commercial farms, even the organic ones.

Everything we eat will come from the USDA - Under Strict Domestic Authority!

This really needs to get out there.

Nice follow up with the email Lokey13

I want to see that statement too.

edit to add link

Link to Article

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Rollinster]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think if the story was complety innocent they would be shouting at the roof tops what it was all about. Did they sell things rated organic that were not? Were they getting too big for their britches and stepping on the money? Did they forget to file taxes after making enough money to stock their home with thousands of dollars worth of meat when most families are stuggling month to month to keep it on their tables? What gives here?

I am not happy with the USDA organic BS, but really, why d they not start shouting their plight loud and clear?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If the family was raided by a SWAT team, the local law enforcement would have information in their public logs regarding it.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I heard or read somewhere that Monsanto was specially prone to threatening organic and hormone-free farms.

I can't really say anymore because honestly I don't remember much of this.

Just moved to NE OK btw. Nice green country out here.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rollinster

Could you please provide a link to your source as I would love to read the whole article.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Raided for selling 'un-industrialsed' beef? WTF does that mean?
Surely 'un-industrialsed' actually means fresh beef plus others lamb etc, that haven't been contaminated by the industrial process and all the pollutants that they want put in.
Surely 'un-industrialised' means the cow goes in the slaughter shed and fresh beef goes in? and doesn't it mean that if its un-industrialised then isn't the cow from birth to death properly looked after and fed the right meals etc?
Not being a farmer nor from the US doesn't this story actuallyt represent the Governments attempt to put a stop on privately own food groups and farming so that we will have to buy the food 'they' reccomend we eat, i.e the ones that are bad for us but make them wealthy?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join