It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep feeling like something is about to happen, and i WANT IT TO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I dont know what it is, but it feels like its TIME!! A disaster of some sort, tsunami, earthquake, tornados, whatever. I was on the edge of joining USCG or NG for this exact reason, but the only thing held me back is iraq. I dont want to be deployed for some stupid meaningless reasons, just wanted to stay around here and be ready for the disasters to come flowing in.

I drive semi trucks, mostly North CA area, and i drive to the Bay a lot, keep wanting a huge earthquake to hit, or a tsunami, or SF to break off from CA, i know i know, bad thinking, but i dont exactly want people to die, i just want something HUGE to happen to help us people!!

Im mentally prepared for a disaster, physically, financially, now im just waiting for it, meanwhile driving trucks back and forth around town making money killing time at work.

Id be volunteering for search and rescues, or even joining NG or RedCross, or FEMA, if it is strictly helping out in this such conditions. I dont care about my job because i know it will soon be gone due to a catastrophic even. But im saving and preparing as i can while i can before it does.

My favorite Disaster to happen is, If earth goes through some kind of space dust storm or some electrifying type field to where all of our satellites just burn out and all of out electronics fry, cars dont drive, no electricity anywhere, no gas powered transportation, no computers, no cell or house phones, just a simple electronic earth fry! could it happen? yes!!!

We people need help!!! The course we are heading is a bad one, and its a short one.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by NickT916]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for.

I understand the desire to help out and do something that will make a difference. Perhaps you already are. Being aware that when something does happen, your prepared and ready to go into action to take action.

There wont be many like you when it does happen so just like a lap racer, get on your mark..get set..and be ready to GO!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Friend, you need some help

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I actually understand exactly what your meaning is and don't disagree with it at all. I am not saying I necessarily want something bad to happen, but if that is what it takes, than better to have a change for good even if due to something that at first may be seemingly bad than to keep heading down this path that soon will become irreversible.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Reminds me part of the synopsis to Dark Angel

terrorists detonated an electromagnetic pulse in the atmosphere over the U.S., on June 1, 2009. This destroyed the vast majority of electrical systems, not only knocking out all the vital electrical systems but also wiping clean all the electronic data, "turning all those ones, and zeros into just plain old zeros" throwing the United States into chaos. This made it a third world country over night, which let corruption and crime flourish and eventually leading to a stricter martial control of the population.

Dark Angel

I partially understand why there are people who want "something" to happen. The thing is, though, I think people romanticize, fantasize, and imagine things to be like they are in tv & movies.. You, along with a bunch of attractive survivors take on a new, adventurous and free life. No worries, no time restraints, and nothing to loose. You become hero's, and live happily ever after.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I understand what you mean. It's like everything is building and building and you're just waiting for it to come to a head. It's nerve wracking and I also want something to happen, not necessarily something bad but something big, that will change the course of things. I've come to terms with the fact that, if something does happen, we're probably not going to live through it.

Just try to focus on your life and don't let events consume it. When I talk to people who aren't interested in what's going on they seem to feel like it's business as usual and nothing is going to happen. Maybe it's just because we pay such close attention to things that we feel this way.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrainDispatcher
Friend, you need some help

correction... "WE" need. The government no longer sees what it shall see, as them all and most of us have been blinded by money!! money money money!! its now the ONE thing and the ONLY things!!

This will not last much longer

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NickT916

I keep trying to tell people. In the middle of our galaxy there is a gravitional engine known as the galatic disk. Our solarsystem cycles through that disk in a 26000 year spiral. The gravitional disk is such massive gravitional force that it changes the world in a short 7 year period. Last time we made passage was about 10500 bce.

All living creatures as well as all mass react to gravitional force, and it is the approach of our system toward the galatic disk that people are "waking up" to and "feeling", however not knowing what it is, many start believing other phenomenon such as "light workers" and other illusions. However the true bases for it is that there is something within the minds of men that is causing an unknown adjetation of the psychie.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i like how within minutes this thread has been moved to the "skunk works" discussion with the least amount of views, isnt is a general conspiracy if you are going to move it, please move it to a more appropriate folder, even tho i do believe it should be in the "current events" or "global meltdown" sections

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
there's no point blaming anyone for the state humanity is in. some people care some don't. mostly, people are scum given half the chance. not all but most. all lot of the ones that aren't scum are only that way cause they were told to be that way.

you only think something big is going to happen because you're realizing that people are mostly fat retarded hounds that would suck anything for some status. your mind can't comprehend that and you react by thinking that something called "justice" is going to wipe the slate clean. guess what, even if it was wiped clean it'd start over and be the same way.

good people are a minority and they always will be. the sooner you realize that the sooner you'll feel better.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Don't feel bad about skunkworks! I think skunkworks is a cool place. It's "BTS" that can be viewed as an insult.

I think they should have a skunkworks and a tinfoilhat.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

This was in no means to put you down or your thoughts....I just thought It was a funny time to say it....no disrespect you to

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
right now, I am thinking that we really need some thing like this, or at least I need some change ... step up .. something ...

but thats my problem ..

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Not sure it would be considered a disaster unless people died. How would you feel if your wish came true, and every person you are close to died in that disaster. A painful scary death, no rescue possible? Or while you are driving your truck and earthquake hits, and you are trapped for days and die of dehydration?

It sounds like you want something bad to happen, so you can become a hero by saving someone. Your life has become so "dull" that you are looking for a quick fix to it. Not sure if you realize it, but you are are wanting to better your self image by hurting others.

There is already a disaster going on, and you can already be saving people. You said you are already prepared. Why are you waiting? You have the money? Why are you not donating to the homeless? Helping build or repair homes? Donating time to those who need it? Areas that have been hit with tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes are STILL in need. Why aren't you rescuing those people now instead of wanting another one to happen?

Don't sit and want something bad to happen so you can help. Go out and help now. It's Christmas time. You help a poor family surprise their children with presents, or help an elderly person with a project they simply can't do, feed a hungry mouth, and you will be a hero to them.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Wow oh wow.

My favorite Disaster to happen is...

Favourite? Favourite?

Why is it that when I read this type of thread, I always get the same mental image: a wistful doom-monger staring into space over a cup of cold coffee dreaming of death and destruction on a vast scale. They are often wearing a very faded Superman t-shirt, too.

If you want to help, help. With respect, don't waste your time fantasising over how your society will fall. You're a hgv (heavy goods vehicle) driver? Change your job and put that skill to good use now. Go to stricken parts of Africa and help a charity ferry medical supplies or food.

Does anyone actually realise the enormity of such an apocalyptic scenario as you paint? Life will not be like it is in the movies if that (God forbid) ever happened.

And we do not need help. Sure the world is in turmoil, but it's always been in turmoil throughout recorded history! Somewhere or other, the human failing of greed and our continual pursuit of power asserts themselves.

But in more places humans help fellow humans in countless unspoken, and unrecorded acts of charity and comradeship.

Just because you don't see these on CNN does not mean they don't happen.

The world may not be perfect, but it is not broken either.

top topics

join