It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Surpreme Court to hear Obama case Dec 12th.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

US Surpreme Court to hear Obama case Dec 12th.

rense.com

Justice Scalia has agreed to allow the full Surpreme Court to hear the Obama birth certificate question on Friday Dec12, 2008 prior to the Electoral College vote scheduled for Dec 15th.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Looks like the Surpreme Court has seen the light and has determined that the question of Obama's place of birth will impact the Constitution and the US Presidency. This could lead to some very interesting happenings in the next few weeks. I personally did not vote for Obama but I do feel that the question needs to be answered once and for all prior to him becomming President. Better to find out now than once he is in office.

rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
who gives a **** already!

It doesn't matter if you were born an American or not, Obama was raised as an American and he's clearly America's pick for president...thats it.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Where ya been omega? SCOTUS already decided not to hear Donofrio v Wells. We've been talking about it here.

The Wrotnowski v Bysiewicz is the second one to go to full conference, Wrotnowski was helped by Donofrio in his Connecticut case and there are 4 more to yet be possibly heard so far.

They didn't see any light the first go round, what makes you think they will decide to hear this particular case?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The Constitution does not work that way.........he has to have been born here in the USA.........so........some of us do care......alot.

Hopefully they will get it right and if he is not a natural born citizen......away he goes. Maybe they will keep his Senate seat open for a few more days just in case...........

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

You might just go ahead and read the attached story.......Judge Scalia has set it for the full court to hear on Friday..........guess he thinks it has standing and warrants full conference........

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What a few posters are missing here, is that the Donofrio case was against the Secretary of State of New Jersey alleging that she didn't do her job and vet all the candidates on the ballot. (That's a basic description.) I haven't read the filed documents for this case yet, headed off to find them shortly, but it appears that this is actually about his place of birth. They are not two cases about exactly the same thing.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by omega007

Rense? Oh noes. And the original source?
naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com...

Oh noes.

Is there any confirmation on the SCOTUS site or any other reputable source?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega007

You might just go ahead and read the attached story.......Judge Scalia has set it for the full court to hear on Friday..........guess he thinks it has standing and warrants full conference........

Again, we thought the same thing with Donofrio v Wells. Didn't happen.

Jenna,

This is against Connecticut SoS, pretty much the same case "facts" as Donofrio v. Wells, in fact Donofrio helped Cort Wrotnowski write up his original filing and is helping on the supplemental brief. source

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This whole issue has faded in and out of legitimacy for soo long now. It's getting tedious but I'm in it for the long haul! Let's roll baby!-Barack'n Roll your a$$ back to Mumbasa! YeeeeeHaaaaa not in my country!!!! Grrrrr!!!!

This is just to ensure this NEW Obama Citizenship thread keeps rolling! It's an endurance contest at this point! YEEEEEEHAAAA!

Wait who's Barack Obama?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant
reply to post by omega007

Rense? Oh noes. And the original source?
naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com...

Oh noes.

Is there any confirmation on the SCOTUS site or any other reputable source?

Is the SCOTUS Docket listing proof enough?

[edit on 12/9/08 by redhatty]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The case is not going to be heard by the Court. It is going into conference just like the DeNofrio case. There is a difference between being heard and going into conference.

Expect the outcome to be the same.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by adkchamp
who gives a **** already!

It doesn't matter if you were born an American or not, Obama was raised as an American and he's clearly America's pick for president...thats it.

I give a **** already! And guess what? Anyone else to "gives a ****" about a little known document known as the United States Constitution gives a **** too.

One cannot accept a position, and take an oath to uphold the constitution, if one does not obtain that position in accordance with that same constitution.

Did you skip the 4th grade? I want to win the lottery, but guess what: I can't collect the winnings if I don't have the winning numbers. Obama wants to be president, but if he doesn't have the numbers...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If you guys really don't care, why even respond in this thread.

I have said this before and will say it again.

I hope the Court takes the case to put this to rest once and for all.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Scalia isn't the head Supreme Court Justice, Roberts is and everything has to go through him before it gets in the court. What Scalia says or wants doesn't really matter unless he can get 4 others on his side including Justice Roberts.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

The Constitution would argue with you about where you were born and being President...

But hey Bush likes to throw away the Constitution why shouldn't Obama and his supporters be the same, they are of the same party.

Trotskyites

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I stand corrected.
I don't think Donofrio's case included anything pertaining to Arthur though. I'll have to go to the Connecticut court site and see if I can dig up the actual case file for this one. The way the source from the OP reads, or at least the way I read it anyway, is that this case includes something about Arthur and his allegedly not being born in the US or being a citizen when the Constitution was signed.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree Jam321........it needs to be put to rest one way or the other. If Obama is a natural born citizen then present the BC and get on with the business of getting this country out of the hole Clinton/Bush put us in......that is if it is not already too late, which I am thinking it is.....not to mention the 8.5 trillion or so Bush and his boys have looted from us so far, maybe Obama can get these crooks some jail time.

We will soon see.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

I care. I've been sworn to defend the Constitution against all threats, DOMESTIC or foreign.

What is clear is that the demise of the United States is eminent if the people of America are to continue making the decisions they made 05 NOV 08.

The Democrats wanted to paint this nation as being in such terrible shape.

The people of the United States are the most charitable people in the world while there exist some that are lazy and self-centered. You'll find many of these people in the lower classes.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Our Justices are scurrying around like cockroaches when the light's turned on! They really want this to go away, and they can make it so. We knew the initial case was weak, rushed, as it was.

Perhaps the real question will be addressed, or perhaps they can find another flaw in the presentation to eradicate the call to answer.

I am not vested in the outcome one way or another; I think it's a shame that the PTB can't just come up with a straight answer and deal with it. Politicians should be illegal, like prostitutes..., come to think of it, what's the difference?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join