It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of the times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else see the writing on the wall? Many so called fundys have preached one world gov/relig/currency for years but now I see it happening. This bail out for the banks and the so called bailout ( I say so called because actually its a loan) for the big three. Gives the banks or government controll of the public sector. I see enslavement of the american people. All these so called "alarmist" That have been preaching from the soapbox all these years is coming to pass. If I was a NWO guy I would start by creating a situation with the economy. Create a one world currency and then a one world Government and finally a one world religion. I see it happening now! How could a book written by "men" predict with such accuracy what is transpiring today?

I know there are many athiest out there but what makes the bible the word of God is that he tells the end from the begining.

Ive given evolution alot of thought but how did life start? No one can say. They cannot in a controlled eviroment create a single celled self repilicating organism. Cant be done and I challenge anyone to prove me otherwise. Then I thought of panspermia ut I still end up with the same question. How did life start?

I cant help but say that the bible is written by men but has a divine spark. Daniel alone gives evidence to that. It lays out the next 4 empires that will rule after Dans death. History prooves that, what else are we going to look back on and find out was already told to us?

Earthquakes are on the rise, Volcanos are next. We have been forewarned but many refuse to believe. Why?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There is so much disinformation out there. Think about it, we are constantly bombarded with on all sides by a "crusade" to deny Christ's existence, to debunk the bible with horse# propaganda (zeitgeist) & such. Evolution is just the tip of the iceberg... see some pics on a wall that are 3000 years old and make up a story about a "Christ like tale" to say the jews copied it... LOL

Look, to many people who don't know much about the bible it is easy to influence their opinion by continually stating that the bible is false. Hell, everyone questions on some things but look at the zeal of some of the people on this site even. It is a freeking crusade to undermine any christian faith. And I mean freeking zealots!

Hey, a good conversation is one thing but to the zeal I have seen on the web, news, and even people at work amazes me. 20 years ago, I would have never believed that our country would go down this path. Scares me even more now as this was "predicted" to happen.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by okwhatever

I know there are many athiest out there but what makes the bible the word of God is that he tells the end from the begining.
I've heard very knowledgeable christians tell me that the world Elite or NWO it you will, are playing to revelations merely to scare Christians into submission thinking it's enevitable instead of fighting for God like they're supposed to.

Ive given evolution alot of thought but how did life start? No one can say. They cannot in a controlled eviroment create a single celled self repilicating organism. Cant be done and I challenge anyone to prove me otherwise. Then I thought of panspermia ut I still end up with the same question. How did life start?
Abiogenesis explains how a simple single celled organism can form (thought it's not fully alive according to MRSGREN at this point). But to say that it's impossible because it hasn't been done is like saying that it's impossible to get to the moon because the Wright Brothers did not manage it. It's a very young field of research FFS! Cut it some slack.

Earthquakes are on the rise, Volcanos are next. We have been forewarned but many refuse to believe. Why?
Probably because the greater and more rigorous recoding of these events doesn't prove anything. Periods of greater geological violence are not a big thing, geologists will tell you, it's a periodical thing.

Think some more.

[edit on 7/12/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by okwhatever

Speaking as a heathen "disbeleiver," I do not beleive that the general ideas behind the BIble are false, and might even be "God-Inspired," but I also beleive that it has been heaviliy influenced by mankind.

I also think that, if we must bring the NWO theories into this, that they are *intentionally* following a 'biblical' blueprint. 2/3of the world follows some form of Christianity so getting them to beleivet hat we are in the "end times" and that they can't do anything to stop the chain of events leading up to Jesus' return is a powerful way to control the masses.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I don't get this one.... I am not a big NWO guy but if I followed the logic, it would be counter-productive to a "control" agenda. Nobody would take a chip (mark) and that is one of the big proposals. The logic of such an agenda just seems backwards to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Unless of course the faithful's believed that the end was neigh (which they do) meaning that they are looking forward to seeing Christ return (which they are) and apparently for him to come back, certain things have to happen first, like the 666[chip] mark on the hand etc.

Basically if they see it coming, they will stand down and let it happen.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hmmm.... I want to see Christ after a long and fruitful life full of love and joy. I want to say..."I have lived and learned". I don't think many want to try to "rush" into the tribulation.... especially since taking the mark is instant damnation (you give up your right to eternal life and stay dead).

So unless these people WANT to die or will accept eternal death / damnation I have to disagree... sure a few nutjobs may want this but I doubt that movement is very large.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

So unless these people WANT to die or will accept eternal death / damnation I have to disagree... sure a few nutjobs may want this but I doubt that movement is very large.

There are A LOT of stupid people out there.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

2/3rds of the world are not christian I am sorry but you have been misinformed or lied to. there are approximately 6.5 billion on the planet.

1.2 Billion Hindus in China and India.
2.0 Billion Buddhists in the world.
1.3 Billion Muslims in the world.
1.0 billion Catholics/Christian/Mormon/Jehovah's Witnesses etc. in the world.
12-15 million Jews in the world.
The rest fall somewhere else like wiccan, pagan, atheist, agnostic, evolutionist, etc...

These numbers are claimed numbers so it includes people that were baptized Catholic and never go to church or only on Easter and Christians (Two biggest pagan holidays in the year) and other such Christians. Im sure you all know people that like the Bible and dislike the RELIGION of churches. I am pretty much one of those numbers...

Same for the other religions also its the ones that say they are whatever but don't really follow it's tenants. Jews that eat pork muslims that eat pork, Buddhists that are lackadaisical and such as this...

Anyways the point is that the world's Christian population when you include every so-called Christian Denomination and the ones that just claim a religion in the Christian "Umbrella". are about 1/5th of the worlds population.

[edit on 12/7/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
TOtally my mistake, I was looking at this chart and meant to put 1/3.

new topics

top topics

join