It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
[edit on 17-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Im still watching your Video with ocassional breaks. I`ll have to look up some other data referencing the alien reportedly discovered by the KGB before I buy into it. But its interesting enough to follow up on.

Of course, I also think its interesting but I'm still on the fence on this one also. That's why I asked around for additional information in this thread.

There are some inconsistencies in the video I think, like Egypt being the first known civ to mankind. I thought this was Sumer..

I do understand how these "Egyptians" (muslims) wouldnt want to accept alien heritage.

Religion is the #1 reason this stuff is still being suppressed. Even if the Catholic Pope is very, very, very slowly trying to admit to ETs in some of his speeches....there is a fear of finding out too much about oneself and the vastness of the universe.

I agree its understandable. Near the end of the documentary the women behind the desk also refuses the conclusion that the tomb was of an ET. The reason she gave was that it is an insult to these people to claim they did not build their own society..

Does anyone know if the following snippet from the Video just posted is true?

"Egypt accounted for 43% of the aid received by the Soviet Union for all third world nations".

I could not find this percentage but its pretty clear in my opinion the Soviet Union aided Egypt military and financially during that time.

www.sis.gov.eg...
www.country-data.com...

[edit on 17/12/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81

In the thread I linked an alleged Egyptian official says:

"The truth is, almost every expert who has seen this mummy has concluded it's not of earthly origin," the source says. "There's a feeling this is an extraterrestrial who somehow ended up advising an Egyptian king. But everyone in the government is shying away from that conclusion because it backs up wacky New Age ideas that the ancient Egyptians had help from space aliens in building their extraordinary civilization. The Egyptians refuse to believe their heritage came from outer space"

That quote is from the now-defunct supermarket tabloid the "Weekly World News."

You may remember their in-depth reporting on the Bat Boy, who was found in a cave and was half bat.

Bat Boy, according to the tabloid, eventually was domesticated, educated and joined the marines, where he remains today, fighting the terrorists in Iraq.

So, why not look into what Bat Boy is up to as well?

Harte

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

Yes, the theory is an insult to many. It is viewed as "What, are you saying humans are too stupid to...".

But being less advanced does not mean that humans are inherently stupid or dont have the potential for advancement.

It would however mean that Religion is the result of a misunderstanding...and that is so terrifying to many that it could take another 500 years before some of this sinks in.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Where does "Ancient Astronaut Theory" come from and where is it going?

It comes from our own high-tech progress of the last 100 years and then re-reading ancient accounts and mythology with new eyes.

Before that, we did not have the vocabulary to express technology. So when the ancient Chinese said "The Sons of the Gods" "came down from the sky" with firey metal dragons, we thought:

"What a bunch of hogwash. Everyone knows nobody can fly. And everybody knows we are the center of the universe and there is nobody else out there".

However, making the advances we are, it is quite possible that someone somewhere "out there" has already made these advances...and even shared them with us a long time ago.

The basis of the ancient astronaut theory is "reading Mythology with new eyes".

The Future of AAT is encapsuled in the terms SETA (Search for Extraterrestrial Life combined with Archaeology) and Exoarchaeology (Archaeology on other Planets)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Thank you for pointing this out. The anonymous poster in the thread I linked didn't provide a source. Now I know why...

I must say that I didn't post the quote as evidence to the existence of project Isis, as Isis (if not a hoax) was a different event then the event mentioned in the (fake) quote anyway. I was merely trying to illustrate my point to Skyfloating about Egyptologists reluctancy to accept the possibility of ancient ET visitors. That's why I highlighted that particular part of the quote.

You may remember their in-depth reporting on the Bat Boy, who was found in a cave and was half bat.

As a matter of fact I was not familiar with the tabloid until you commented on it. If I was I would have not used the quote for obvious reasons.

Bat Boy, according to the tabloid, eventually was domesticated, educated and joined the marines, where he remains today, fighting the terrorists in Iraq.

Now I know why Iraq lost the war.

It is not my intention to offend you or anything, but I don't see the added value in your snide remark. If even the seemingly knowledgeable and respected skeptics display this behaviour...

I mean if you took the time to check out the video you would have found that this alleged project Isis is backed up by witness testimony, documents and video. Now of course this evidence could and may have been fabricated. That's why I posted in this thread in the first place, as I could not find much about it elsewhere. Maybe someone had any knowledge that this was exposed as a fake or anything.

[edit on 17/12/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The basis of the ancient astronaut theory is "reading Mythology with new eyes".

The Future of AAT is encapsuled in the terms SETA (Search for Extraterrestrial Life combined with Archaeology) and Exoarchaeology (Archaeology on other Planets)

I agree that a lot of the AAT has to do with "reinterpreting" mythology and ancient imagery with a 21st Century perspective. The question remains, however, is whether or not it's accurate. Sure, we understand space travel, and see our astronauts in pressure suits, and watch flying saucers on TV. But flying saucers, rockets, pressure suits, etc., are all 21st Century things.

For example, I personally think that an advanced alien civilization would probably have a better way to get around on a planet than with clunky pressure suits. Rockets? Please. You gotta think about where the human race will be technologically in 10,000 years, or 100,000 years. Not where we are now. Unless the only "aliens" you're looking for are those who are technologically advanced roughly as far as we are, give or take a few thousand years.

You have to try to interpret the imagery outside your own limited frame of reference. Otherwise, it's just the same as seeing elephants in clouds. Associating things with other things you're familiar with, without knowing for sure if the association is accurate, or not.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Thank you for pointing this out. The anonymous poster in the thread I linked didn't provide a source. Now I know why...

I must say that I didn't post the quote as evidence to the existence of project Isis, as Isis (if not a hoax) was a different event then the event mentioned in the (fake) quote anyway. I was merely trying to illustrate my point to Skyfloating about Egyptologists reluctancy to accept the possibility of ancient ET visitors. That's why I highlighted that particular part of the quote.

As a matter of fact I was not familiar with the tabloid until you commented on it. If I was I would have not used the quote for obvious reasons.

Now I know why Iraq lost the war.

LOL

It is not my intention to offend you or anything, but I don't see the added value in your snide remark. If even the seemingly knowledgeable and respected skeptics display this behaviour...

I mean if you took the time to check out the video you would have found that this alleged project Isis is backed up by witness testimony, documents and video. Now of course this evidence could and may have been fabricated. That's why I posted in this thread in the first place, as I could not find much about it elsewhere. Maybe someone had any knowledge that this was exposed as a fake or anything.

Sorry fastwalker, but I can't access the vid from this server. The site is blocked. I have in the past looked into the Project Isis claim, however. I was unable to provide any substantiation for it.

I actually remember seeing a "documentary" about it myself - could be the same one - but I saw it on TV before Al Gore invented the internet for us.

Regarding the "visitor," note that the claim involves an actual archaeologist:

The alien mummy was unearthed by Dr. Viktor Lubek, a Czechoslovakian citizen and retired professor from the University of Pennsylvania, according to the Egyptian source. The archaeologist located its hidden burial chamber while investigating a small pyramid to the south of the main pyramid at the Senusret II site thought to contain the pharaoh's queen.

If the claim were true, one should be able to find published work by this "retired professor" from UPenn.

I don't care where you were a professor, your name will turn up in google if you've ever published. And you ain't a professor if you ain't published.

Lubek's name only turns up in association with this particular claim, though, and at that it appears in precisely the same wording on every site at which you can find it. The cut and paste nature of the thing is a very heavy indication of hoax.

The claim was debunked by another blogger (the earliest claim I could find for this online was a blog.) It was he that said it was from Weekly World News, and he linked to the article there.

Unfortunately, the article no longer appears at WWN's website. I'm aware that WWN has had financial difficulties and has closed their publication, opting for an online existence. I started to look in the Google archives, but then I thought, "why am I wasting my time on this silly idea?"

If you really don't know bat boy, you should google him up. Absolutely hilarious. I always (out of habit) reply with a pat Bat Boy answer whenever WWN comes up. I used to be a subscriber.

No offense.

Lastly, regarding Egyptologists "reluctancy" to accept the possibility of ancient ET visitors, I wonder if you can back up that claim?

I believe that Egyptologists have very good reasons for the theories they espouse. Their "reluctance," it seems to me, is usually directed not toward accepting the "possibility of alien visitation" so much as accepting the possibility of alien intervention.

See, the don't have any reason to posit that aliens did anything at all in ancient Egypt. They have perfectly good, workable theories that do not require extraterrestrial aid.

Harte

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Many accounts are not in the frame of reference of our current technology but within the frame of reference of what we are developing towards.

There are exceptions though. The ancient Tibetan cultural hero Gesar is said to have owned "spears" that let off a thunderous roar and caused towns to go up in smoke and fire, killing hundreds in one shot. He's also known for "riding" on a "steel bird". Thats something our technology can compete with.

But much of the stuff we dont even have yet: Creating hybrid beings for example, or building 18-pagoda (Tibetan word, meaning 18-story) Glas-Buildings in the Sky.

If anyone would actually go into the effort of reading all of earths mythology with an eye not for "this is rubbish" or "this is a nice fairy-tale" but tech-savvy eyes, there'd be a lot to discover.

You lament our eyes being coloured by associating stuff with 21st Century Technology. I lament the fact of looking at ancient texts with the eyes of 16th Century Missionaries.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
And to add: Once one has read nearly ALL Mythologies, be it from Greece, from Scandanavia, from Australia, from Hawaii, from South America, from Egypt or anywhere else, one finds odd commonalities...such as all of them featuring beings coming down from the sky.

To label them all as "fiction" originally comes from missionaries who wanted to convert people to their own Mythology (one of the now major Religions).

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Nohup

Many accounts are not in the frame of reference of our current technology but within the frame of reference of what we are developing towards.

There are exceptions though. The ancient Tibetan cultural hero Gesar is said to have owned "spears" that let off a thunderous roar and caused towns to go up in smoke and fire, killing hundreds in one shot. He's also known for "riding" on a "steel bird". Thats something our technology can compete with.

Such stories were the result of an oral tradition, that started around 2,000 years ago:

Scholars believe King Gesar was created during the primitive Tibetan tribal period, some 2,000 years ago. It has since been passed down orally. In the 19th century, some woodblock printed editions were created, but they were circulated in small area.

Source: A fairly extensive Gesar website

Your part of his story, with the rockets, etc., wouldn't be all that surprising even if it turned out to be factual:

In the Chinese language, gunpowder is called "fire medicine." Pharmacists wanted to invent a medicine for immortality. However, an explosion resulted when they heated their mixture with nitrates, sulphur, and carbon (from wood charcoal). It was invented as early as the West Han dynasty (206 B.C.).

200 years before Gesar, possibly.

One can see how involvement of pyrotechnic displays could be woven into the Gesar oral tradition.

Originally posted by SkyfloatingBut much of the stuff we dont even have yet: Creating hybrid beings for example,

There's nothing to indicate any hybrid beings were ever created in the past either.

Originally posted by Skyfloatingor building 18-pagoda (Tibetan word, meaning 18-story) Glas-Buildings in the Sky.

Ever read Coleridge?

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree :
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man

Down to a sunless sea...

Snip

Source
Sorry I had to cut that off - I always like it.

Does the above snippet of lovely verse cause you to assume that Kublai Kahn actually built a "stately pleasure-dome?" Where would you place Xanadu?

Harte

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Does the above snippet of lovely verse cause you to assume that Kublai Kahn actually built a "stately pleasure-dome?" Where would you place Xanadu?

Harte

I dont know, but its a beautiful poem.

I would file this under "modern myths".

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Harte

I dont know, but its a beautiful poem.

I would file this under "modern myths".

Well, it's certainly not "ancient," I suppose.

But in a couple thousand years, telepathic posters will be reading threads in midair about relentless Xanadu hunters that are constantly scoffed at by skeptics!

Harte

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

If the world should fall in some disaster, how much of the data we`ve saved on fragile computers do you think will survive to be recovered in a thousand years?

I would guess: None.

(Even now, without war, who is able to recover their data they had on floppy-disc just 10 years ago?)

Which is why we're already trying to figure out other ways to save information. One example:
Data Stored in a Bacteria DNA

Fact is, there are not many reliable ways to ensure that information is transfered over thousands and tens of thousands of years. Im sure those Myths have been distorted almost beyond recognition....almost...because the common theme of sky Gods does survive.

One way of saving data for those time-spans that is more reliable than scrolls, books or oral transfer might be...rocks, megaliths, stones and glyphs carved into them. And some of these have indeed survived up to today.

Humans have the tendency to pass on the most important information over the generations. I think things like World War 2 will be passed on for many generations to come...not the story of Xanadu.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Hey, I love Batboy!
I 'm sorry to go off topic but I couldn't resist.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Sorry fastwalker, but I can't access the vid from this server. The site is blocked. I have in the past looked into the Project Isis claim, however. I was unable to provide any substantiation for it.

No problem and you are right that there is not much info on it exept for the video I linked.

I actually remember seeing a "documentary" about it myself - could be the same one - but I saw it on TV before Al Gore invented the internet for us.

Yes this could be as this documentary was aired by Sci Fi Channel in 1998 if I'm not mistaken.

Regarding the "visitor," note that the claim involves an actual archaeologist:

The alien mummy was unearthed by Dr. Viktor Lubek, a Czechoslovakian citizen and retired professor from the University of Pennsylvania, according to the Egyptian source. The archaeologist located its hidden burial chamber while investigating a small pyramid to the south of the main pyramid at the Senusret II site thought to contain the pharaoh's queen.

Ok this needs some clarifacation. The quote you linked above is not about Project Isis. Project Isis was allegedly a KGB secret project that dealt with the recovery of ancient Egyptian knowledge, which eventually led to the discovery of the tomb of the visitor. The documentary basicly lays out the story and provides "evidence" in the form of official KGB documentation and KGB footage. Also interviews were done with alleged personnel that were involved with the project. So the above quote appears to be a different story and thus is a mix up with the Isis case.

The interesting thing is that the KGB footage provided according to the documentary went "missing" from the KGB archives during the fall of the Soviet Union and resurfaced on the Russian black market. Now this in itself is in my opinion not to far fetched.

The footage about Project Isis also came in the same canisters and had the same markings as the footage depicting the alleged "Sverdlovsk" disk recovery incident from 1969. So maybe we are dealing with a serie of hoaxes by the same person/group, a Soviet Cold War Disinformation scheme or of course there is the possibility that we are dealing with the truth.

If you really don't know bat boy, you should google him up. Absolutely hilarious. I always (out of habit) reply with a pat Bat Boy answer whenever WWN comes up. I used to be a subscriber.

I really don't know Bat Boy. I'm from The Netherlands and the tabloid is not widely known here to my knowledge. But I will look into it because your comment about him fighting in Iraq was hilarious.

No offense.

None taken.

Lastly, regarding Egyptologists "reluctancy" to accept the possibility of ancient ET visitors, I wonder if you can back up that claim?

I believe that Egyptologists have very good reasons for the theories they espouse. Their "reluctance," it seems to me, is usually directed not toward accepting the "possibility of alien visitation" so much as accepting the possibility of alien intervention.

Well we all know Dr. Zahi Hawass. Dr. Hawass has his own website and he devoted an article to the building of the great Pyramid.

www.zahihawass.com...

The following snippet is from this article.

How was this massive edifice constructed? This question has intrigued Egyptologists for centuries. Perhaps the most inventive and imaginative idea relies on alien assistance. A more down-to-earth explanation, based on archaeological evidence, proposes the use of a ramp.

Now I'm aware that the above quote by Dr. Hawass deals with intervention not visitation, but both are fairly close together in my opinion. If aliens were in the future proven to be real beyond doubt the Egyptian "intervention" theory suddenly becomes alot more plausible. So I have strong doubts that Dr. Hawass would welcome theories regarding alien visitation. Judging by his above quote one could suggest he also finds aliens in general "imaginative".

See, the don't have any reason to posit that aliens did anything at all in ancient Egypt. They have perfectly good, workable theories that do not require extraterrestrial aid.

In alot of cases plausible theories are indeed presented. But some official theories are lacking in my opinion. In the above quote for example Dr. Hawass talks about the ramp theory, which is proposterous in my opionion. But that's a different discussion.

[edit on 18/12/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

Beyond "The KGB found an egyptian alien" and "Its a hoax" we can also keep a third possibility in mind (which you have hinted at):

The Russian officials want us to think the KGB discovered something.

Im always surprised at how this third type of explanation is rarely looked at or mentioned.

There' s a really interesting book out on the market called "The Stargate Conspiracy". This book wasnt very popular with either believers or skeptics because it examines this "third possibility".

In the book some evidence is presented that the U.S. Government has actively promoted literature on Extraterrestrials, The Paranormal and Fringe Science and in at least one case, has pretended to have abilities it does not have.

I am not saying that this explanation is always valid. I do think there are some valid ancient-ET indicators out there. And I do think there are a lot of hoaxes out there. But there are other possibilities too.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

No problem and you are right that there is not much info on it exept for the video I linked.

Yes this could be as this documentary was aired by Sci Fi Channel in 1998 if I'm not mistaken.

What I remember seeing was before that.

Before the Sci Fi channel was even widely available (maybe before it even existed.)

Ok this needs some clarifacation. The quote you linked above is not about Project Isis. Project Isis was allegedly a KGB secret project that dealt with the recovery of ancient Egyptian knowledge, which eventually led to the discovery of the tomb of the visitor. The documentary basicly lays out the story and provides "evidence" in the form of official KGB documentation and KGB footage. Also interviews were done with alleged personnel that were involved with the project. So the above quote appears to be a different story and thus is a mix up with the Isis case.

The interesting thing is that the KGB footage provided according to the documentary went "missing" from the KGB archives during the fall of the Soviet Union and resurfaced on the Russian black market. Now this in itself is in my opinion not to far fetched.

The footage about Project Isis also came in the same canisters and had the same markings as the footage depicting the alleged "Sverdlovsk" disk recovery incident from 1969. So maybe we are dealing with a serie of hoaxes by the same person/group, a Soviet Cold War Disinformation scheme or of course there is the possibility that we are dealing with the truth.

Yeah, I know that we're talking about two different "cases," but I also agree that it needed clarifying for others that are reading this.

Well we all know Dr. Zahi Hawass. Dr. Hawass has his own website and he devoted an article to the building of the great Pyramid.

www.zahihawass.com...

The following snippet is from this article.

How was this massive edifice constructed? This question has intrigued Egyptologists for centuries. Perhaps the most inventive and imaginative idea relies on alien assistance. A more down-to-earth explanation, based on archaeological evidence, proposes the use of a ramp.

Now I'm aware that the above quote by Dr. Hawass deals with intervention not visitation, but both are fairly close together in my opinion. If aliens were in the future proven to be real beyond doubt the Egyptian "intervention" theory suddenly becomes alot more plausible. So I have strong doubts that Dr. Hawass would welcome theories regarding alien visitation. Judging by his above quote one could suggest he also finds aliens in general "imaginative".

I don't blame him.

The idea of alien visitation is an "imaginitive" one, IMO.

In alot of cases plausible theories are indeed presented. But some official theories are lacking in my opinion. In the above quote for example Dr. Hawass talks about the ramp theory, which is proposterous in my opionion. But that's a different discussion.

This is the part where I usually say that you are welcome to any opinion you wish to hold.

However, I feel that, given the fact that I have a little knowledge in this area, I feel that I should at the very least provide you with some information that might lead you to a more informed opinion.

The ramp theory, which you find preposterous, is actually borne out by the evidence.

Remains of ramps have been found at several Egyptian pyramid sites. Including, most recently, next to the Great Pyramid itself.

III. 2. The Discovery of the Ramp.
During the work of relocating the Sound and Light Show cables at Giza, we were able to excavate their route beginning at the Southwest of the Great Pyramid.

Also at this time we started the re-excavation of the cemetery GIS and the restoration of the tombs there.

As was discussed above the only possible side for the erection of the ramp during the reign of Khufu was the South side. The ramp was constructed of limestone chips, gypsum, and a calcareous clay called Tafla. Due to the hardiness of the construction materials what remains of the ramp, after the Egyptians removed it to build the tombs of GIS, should still exist on the South side.

We started to remove sand for the erection of the cables North of the paved road and South of the pyramid. During the work we found a big part of the ramp used to transport the stones from the quarry to the pyramid base. This part of the ramp consisted of two walls built of stone rubble and mixed with Tafla. The area in between was filled with sand and gypsum forming the bulk of the ramp.

~SNIP~

On the South side of the paved road, South of Khufu's pyramid, we excavated down about 2.50 meters and found another part of the ramp. This part is in line with the Eastern and Western wall and is of similar construction. This discovery proves that the ramp led from the quarry to the Southwest comer of the pyramid and was made of stone rubble and Tafla.(see plans 2,3) The ramp rises to about 30 meters above the pyramid's base at its Southwest comer. The ramp would have leaned against the pyramid's faces as they rose. Somewhat like accretion layers wrapped around the pyramid with a roadway on top. The weight of this ramp is borne by the ground around the pyramid. Traffic could move along the top of this structure as both pyramid and ramp rose in tandem. The top of the pyramid could be reached with only one and one quarter turns. The slope would rise with each turn from a reasonable 65 degrees, for the first section, to as much as 18 degrees for the last climb to the apex. 19

Beyond "The KGB found an egyptian alien" and "Its a hoax" we can also keep a third possibility in mind (which you have hinted at):

The Russian officials want us to think the KGB discovered something.

Im always surprised at how this third type of explanation is rarely looked at or mentioned.

There' s a really interesting book out on the market called "The Stargate Conspiracy". This book wasnt very popular with either believers or skeptics because it examines this "third possibility".

In the book some evidence is presented that the U.S. Government has actively promoted literature on Extraterrestrials, The Paranormal and Fringe Science and in at least one case, has pretended to have abilities it does not have.

I am not saying that this explanation is always valid. I do think there are some valid ancient-ET indicators out there. And I do think there are a lot of hoaxes out there. But there are other possibilities too.

There's no question that the US Gov. has promoted the idea of UFOs as a way to distract from their testing of top secret aircraft.

No reason to believe the Russians wouldn't do the same.

Harte

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Well, I prefer to stay open to all three explanations. To subscribe to one means to limit ones scope of perception.

Since you are in good rebuttal mood, could you provide some coment on the geophysical anomalies measured at Nazca (mentioned in thread) and on the Baigong-Artifact (mentioned in thread) and on the Mawangui-Mystery (mentioned in thread)? It would be interesting to hear the Skeptics view on at least one of them.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The idea of alien visitation is an "imaginitive" one, IMO.

This is the part where I usually say that you are welcome to any opinion you wish to hold.

However, I feel that, given the fact that I have a little knowledge in this area, I feel that I should at the very least provide you with some information that might lead you to a more informed opinion.

Great I'm always interested in gathering more knowledge about this subject, even if it forces me to adjust my views.

On the South side of the paved road, South of Khufu's pyramid, we excavated down about 2.50 meters and found another part of the ramp. This part is in line with the Eastern and Western wall and is of similar construction. This discovery proves that the ramp led from the quarry to the Southwest comer of the pyramid and was made of stone rubble and Tafla.(see plans 2,3) The ramp rises to about 30 meters above the pyramid's base at its Southwest comer. The ramp would have leaned against the pyramid.

Interesting find indeed. The problem I have with the ramp theory is that the ramp would have required more material then the pyramid itself it seems. So wouldn't this defy the entire purpose of a ramp being an aid to build the great pyramid more effectively?

Dr. Hawass himself also sees "puzzles" with the ramp theory. Also from the article I linked in my above post.

There are two basic proposals: a straight ramp or a spiral ramp. Both present their own puzzles. The first theory proposes a single large ramp sloping up against one face of the pyramid. This proposal has the advantage that all four comers and the three sides of the pyramid remain clear during the construction, allowing builders to monitor and check the rise of the sides and the diagonals. Careful surveying during construction was-essential; otherwise, a "twist" might occur and the lines would not meet at a point. There are two problems with this proposal. First, to obtain a functionally low slope-one that rises one metre every six metres - the ramp would have to be extremely long extending over and beyond the quarry. Every time a rise in height was desired, the ramp's length would need to be increased to maintain this slope. Also, this process would cause all work on the pyramid to stop because the design does not allow for the concurrent construction of both pyramid and ramp.

Do you maybe have some good websites or additional information that discuss the various theories that deal with the building of the great pyramid? Because to be honest I never found a satisfying explanation and the experts also seem to have different views amongst themselfes.

There's no question that the US Gov. has promoted the idea of UFOs as a way to distract from their testing of top secret aircraft.

Well this statement strikes me as somewhat odd. Where do you got this notion if I may ask? Last time I checked the US Gov. was busy ridiculing the existence of UFOs...

Are you familiar with the Robertson panel report, obtained through the Freedom Of Information Act?

The Robertson Panel was a committee commissioned by the Central Intelligence Agency in 1952 in response to widespread Unidentified Flying Object reports, especially in the Washington DC area. The panel was briefed on U.S. military activities and intelligence; hence the report was originally classified Secret.

The Robertson Panel concluded that a public relations campaign should be undertaken in order to "debunk" UFOs, and reduce public interest in the subject, and that civilian UFO groups should be monitored. There is evidence this was carried out more than two decades after the Panel's conclusion.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pardon the Wiki link, but I can link the report when I get home if you would like. So to conclude I find it unlikely the US Gov. has promoted the idea of UFOs, let alone without question.

[edit on 18/12/08 by Fastwalker81]

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join