It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: BTS MIX Show 36

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
ATS MIX:

BTS MIX Show 36

This week on the 36th installment of the BTS MIX Show, Spencer and Doc explore the wide world of kitty pictures, how to stop dwelling on things too much and what to do if you hire a smokin' hot secretary and things start to get a little crazy. Tune in for great topics, great discussion and, of course, the BTS MIX Screen Test! Don't miss it!

So, what is the worst song of all time?
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Tis' the season QUIZ

Do you have a Favorite Christmas movie..What is it?

Daily Star Misreports: Robbie Williams Hunts Aliens On Jet Ski with ATS

Show Us Your Kitties!

Breaking General News » British among the most sexually promiscuous in the world

Relationships » dwelling on the past, over-analyzing: how do i stop?

General Chit Chat » 12 Days of Christmas' Items Would Cost $86,609

Rant » So I have hired a secretary...

BUY The “Above Top Secret” Book NOW!

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Or Our RSS FEED Where They Are Available For Download To Your computer Automatically.

Subscribe To The BTS MIX Show With iTunes

Subscribe To The BTS MIX Show With RSS Feed

Please FLAG, STAR & DIGG The Show If You Enjoy It

length: 38:22
file: atsmix_3160.mp3
size: 13532k
feed: atsmix

[edit on 12/3/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I SERIOUSLY need to stop drinking anything while listening to you guys...

Thanks for answering a few of the Quiz questions.
Three more uses for fruitcake..(Especially year old RE-GIFTED fruitcake..BLECH!)
1. A doorstop
2.A paperweight
3. Replacement patio brick..

Love you guys and keep it up! You lift my spirits and make my day.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
That was an awesome show!

I too love Jim Marr's book.

What's so bad about the holiday of Christmas not being like the way it was intended to? Things change over time. If you knew how much Christians in the past have changed and reshaped their religion to fit their needs you wouldn't feel so upset over the Christmas holiday.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm glad you liked the show!

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
What's so bad about the holiday of Christmas not being like the way it was intended to? Things change over time. If you knew how much Christians in the past have changed and reshaped their religion to fit their needs you wouldn't feel so upset over the Christmas holiday.
[edit on 5-12-2008 by Frankidealist35]

That is the point I was trying to make. It doesn't matter if you are a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, if a "leader" changes the tenets of the faith from it's original meaning just to be more "inclusive" by changing dates and times for example or substituting (in this case) pagan symbolism and deities for the original, the false substitute dilutes and misleads followers and undermines the foundation for future generations. It's like rewriting the history books to suit your own ends.

I was going to save this for the next show, but let's talk about the Christmas tree. Just about every Christian I know puts up a Christmas tree this time of year. As a matter of fact, I can't think of anyone (save some Jewish friends) that don't. Even churches have them in their lobbies to celebrate the Christmas season. But exactly where did this custom come from:

Since the earliest times the fir (Christmas) tree has been worshiped as a phallic symbol, representing sexual potency, reproduction, and fertility. The pagans of old brought these trees into their houses and set them up as symbolizing life and fertility.

But what does the bible say about it?

Jeremiah 10:1-8 “Hear the word that Yahweh speaks unto you, O’house of Israel. Thus says Yahweh, learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven, for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain. For one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with gold and silver, they fasten it with nails with hammers, that it move not. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not; they must needs be borne, because they can not go. Be not afraid of them. For they can not do evil, neither also is it in them to do good. For as much as there is none like unto thee, O Yahweh, thou art great, and they name is great in might. Who would not fear thee O King of nations? For to thee doth it appertain. For as much as among the wise men of the nations, and in all there kingdoms, there is none like unto thee. But they are altogether stupid and foolish. The tree is a doctrine of vanities.” Sounds a lot like the Christmas tree.
-Don Esposito

If your were to tell a Christian that, most would look at you like they had never heard that before, or tell you that you were nuts. Truth is, not all, but a lot Christians do their "duty" and go to church on Sunday, especially Christmas and Easter and accept whatever is shoveled into their minds as "gospel" without ever giving it a second though. That is probably why there is no discernible difference between people in the secular world and some of those proclaiming their faith. (Not bashing here, just relaying observations of others and myself) Please don't take this as a broad generalization either.

So to answer your question, "What's so bad about the holiday of Christmas not being like the way it was intended to?" If you are not a Christian, I guess nothing.

(Playing in the back of my mind: Tevye singing, "TRADITION!")

edited for spelling

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Spencer Tracy]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Spencer Tracy

Tevye singing TRADITION? Unfortunatley now, it's IF I WERE A RICH MAN.
However I am now singing TO LIFE TO LIFE LECHIEM. LECHIEM LECHIEM TO LIFE.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by lombozo]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
reply to post by Spencer Tracy

Tevye singing TRADITION? Unfortunatley now, it's IF I WERE A RICH MAN.
However I am now singing TO LIFE TO LIFE LECHIEM. LECHIEM LECHIEM TO LIFE.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by lombozo]

HEHEHEHEE! Shalom!

Ok, since no one has guessed the BTS Screen Test yet, here is a clue about the movie or something in the movie or both...clear as mud, huh?

A cabbie.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
LOL Cat People are Different!! Haha that was awsesome...

Good Show Guys

We've missed you both!

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Next clue:

The cabbie was under Cruise control.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spencer Tracy
Next clue:

The cabbie was under Cruise control.

Ahem...
Could it be..
Collateral

[edit on 8-12-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Ahem...
Could it be..
Collateral
[edit on 8-12-2008 by AccessDenied]

CORRECT! AccessDenied is this week's winner!

Asala will award your 5000 points shortly!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
WOot! Well done AD!

Points awarded!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

WOOHOO!
Couldn't have done it without the clues though.

new topics

top topics

join