It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Cardinals all over my yard, little birds of all kinds by the millions here in Missouri. .

What part of Missouri are you in? The Eastern part, close to the New Madrid fault?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Good thread, Normally i am a skeptic but if animal behavior is a conspiracy I'm in. When the last big one hit here i was not at home but we did have a smaller one when i was actually home and remember (and noticed at the time) about 30 seconds before my German Shepard came racing up the property full speed , looking back at nothing and came right to the door barking. I let her in as it was a little freeky (looked over my shoulder concerning) she sat right by me nuzzled up and wanting to jump on me in my chair. Then shaking started. So animals knowing it i'm in. Mind you this was 30-45 seconds prior though not days or hours.

My 2 cents!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

my cats have been acting crazy rolling around everywhere in Ohio

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick
interesting thread. i haven't really noticed anything in the dfw area as of late. however i noticed some birds acting weird before the 2 earthquakes that happened recently. ill keep my eye on the skies (not many lakes here
)

I have noticed a lack of bird-of-prey activity in the DFW area of late. Not many birds at all, really.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
so strange to hear everyone saying the animals and birds are non existent. They must have come up north to Pa because my wife and i were wondering if the birds are having a big party here. We even saw a Black squirrel here which is big because we look forward to our squirrels and can tell who's who. We have 6 regulars but today we got chipmunks, rabbits, a black squirrel, and birds out the wazoo! I live in the suburbs out side philly and besides birds and squirrels the rest of them are rare to see. A bit warmer today so maybe they are feeling spring frisky. Im not in an earthquake area but how do they react when they are far from an area? Do animals celebrate their good fortune?
nice thread i'll be watching.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

To be honest i have not seen ANY birds here but i don't pay enough attention to know if thats normal or not. After all the world revolves around me not the birds.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm in Arizona, and I can hear the earthquake drills being held by the military.

My dog, which has been highly trained, has been acting weird and completely out of character. For the past week, he will sit next to bed on the floor and cries during the middle of the night. He has a doggy door, so it's not like he needs to go out. I tell him to jump on the bed and he does. This process goes on throughout the night, then he gets up, runs to the door and begins barking like mad, then comes back and cries at the side of the bed.

During the day, he's very clingy.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't know if this is out of the ordinary but I live on the water in L.A. and I was walking my dog along the Marina on Thanksgiving day. I did see a baby whale come up for air three times swimming in the Marina up towards the channel that leads out to open sea. What struck me was that it was by itself and the fact that it was swimming in the Marina. Don't they usually travel in pods? I was concerned for it but the thought that it was at least swimming in the right direction (out to sea) gave me comfort.

As for my dog- haven't noticed any unusual stress with him. He's a chihuahua and they're all always stressed out. Will keep my eyes open for anything else from now on, though.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Has anyone here had a problem with squirrels. Squirrles for the past month have taken over our yard. I mean like at least 12 squirrels hang out in the yard gathering food and they barely move when I go out to the car. It's odd because this has never happened before. Maybe I'm just jumping on the earthquake prediction bandwagon. Or maybe the squirrels just had a bunch of babies.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
Has anyone here had a problem with squirrels. Squirrles for the past month have taken over our yard. I mean like at least 12 squirrels hang out in the yard gathering food and they barely move when I go out to the car. It's odd because this has never happened before. Maybe I'm just jumping on the earthquake prediction bandwagon. Or maybe the squirrels just had a bunch of babies.

They are Hungry!

Look at my first link on page 1 of this thread
Here

No acorns to eat mate!

Elf

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My cat killed a bird and then tried to swallow it whole. I ran screaming, telling him to stop and he ran off (with the bird in his mouth, of coarse). He was abducted by aliens once, so I am not surprised. His name is Pumpkin (because he is an orange tabby) but we call him "Fast Eddy" because he is all fast-twitch muscle.

He has not been acting weird due to tectonic shifts, but then again, give a cat '___' and nothing happens.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

We have always had a ton of squirels, 1 big fat grey (love that guy) Have noticed none lately, although the feeder has been empty and this has been for a month. I will say though no food in the feeder is normal this time of year, they live off what they buried (which they did enough off this year i told my wife in the end of summer "we may have alot of snow this winter") Again though this has been going on awhile not the last few days.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I watched our cat do that too, freaky. took it down like a python. Sat and watched in amazement. May have to u2u you during a party so i can prove i'm not the only one.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It seems most people replying here are from KY and CA. I'm from MA and the only thing that I've experienced (it gave me chills reading about what's happened with your animals and realizing that this may be linked with mine) is that my cat went missing. We heard him meowing one night a few years ago (he was a stray or something, very skinny but he was used to being in a home) and we took him in. He was with us for a little over two years, and being an outdoor cat the whole time (and once he was gone for three days before coming back), he obviously enjoyed being with us seeing that he always came back. He became fat but always seemed like he was starving! He went out last month and has not come back since. We have also heard a lot of howls... Anyways, this probably has nothing to do with the earthquake seeing as it happened almost a month beforehand, but just wanted to throw in my two cents.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornblossom

I am going to be watching my cat - I am not right at the fault - but someone who is, has said they have seen plasma like colors in the sky.

Any chance of them taking pictures or video of the plasma colors in the sky?

It was a person from the other thread - they are in Eastern Arkansas, I hope they will come to this thread and write about it, and see if we can't get them to be on the alert and get pictures. I will go back and hunt them down from that thread and send them a u2u and see what I can get. I would like to see pictures of that also.

It seems to me, there are serious things going on around the New Madrid - that are "real" -

I am also going to try and contact the man (Sheldrake) who I quoted in the thread from the National Geographic article.

I am going to try and get him to come and look on this thread and try and get him involved. I honestly believe right now, ATS can be used as a REAL experiment and a REAL possible way of people's lives being saved, by watching animal behavior right now and then getting out of the area where it is happening.

Also I DO BELIEVE in the predicted earthquakes - because the "Webbot" has batted 100 on all earthquakes (big ones) they have predicted over the years!

[edit on 2-12-2008 by questioningall]

Mod Edit: Fixed quote tags.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
He was abducted by aliens once, so I am not surprised. His name is Pumpkin (because he is an orange tabby) but we call him "Fast Eddy" because he is all fast-twitch muscle.

He has not been acting weird due to tectonic shifts, but then again, give a cat '___' and nothing happens.

He was abducted by aliens?

You gave him '___'?

If I knew you plucky I might call the local Animal Welfare!

and you think you can detect his behaviour from "Tectonic Shifts"?

I think the answer lies in my questions above not in any tectonic shifts Plucky!

On Topic To All note:

Depending on the animals owner's treatment of, and general Mental Health status if they are domesticated, you may not be able to trust the veracity of any bizarre behaviour in this Research...

Tsssk

sickened.

Elf.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A friend of mine told me in his home country of Portugal they got 40 cm of snow on december 1st, they've never had snow in a very long time if ever, is what he said, never looked much into it but he has no reason to lie.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You guys in the quake prone areas ...keep an eye on your local papers. The lost animal section. Jim Birkland connects a large missing pet period before a quake. Seems they runaway from home.. cant say I blame them.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Interesting,

I don't know if this would matter since I live on a small island. Anyways, on Sunday, I went to my family ranch which is located by a river. I usually go shrimping and fishing there. There was barely any shrimp or fish in the area even as I went upstream. I've been going to my ranch about 7 times before this one and there were always shrimp and fish every time we went. Also, there is usually huge amounts of msquitos and flies around but this time, I could only count one fly and a few mosquitos, the same goes for lizards.
We barely heard any birds and heard mostly barking frogs. It was also raining that day so I pretty much assumed that was the reason why.

I am only posting this because you asked about strange animal activity. For some reason if it wasn't the rain doing this, then perhaps it was worth mentioning. Just in case.

I will try and observe anything else in the meanwhile.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by non-living]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

He's cool. I did not give him '___', I just heard nothing happens to cats if you do. He is hypersensitive. He only likes me really, because I power-scratch him and rough him up, he loves it. Other people do not know how to pet him so he gets disinterested. I bet he would be a good earthquake predictor, if he could get past the sound of a bag of chips being crumpled (he bolts out of the room every time).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join