It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything feels fast and 'dramatic'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hi there,

So I want to tell you about this feeling I've been having for a very long time now.

Basically, it first started when I was around 5 or 6 and I had this dream that my headteacher at my primary school was standing in the middle of a fairground, with lots of people and lots of stuff happening around her, and she was shouting things very loud and fast (numbers I think).

Now ever since that dream, not very often, maybe once or twice every few months I would get this horrible feeling like everything was going much faster than it should be. So I would try to do everything normally to not alarm myself. It also feels as if everything I do is a lot more dramatic and I should be feeling more emotional about it (something simple as playing a game or whatever). Then I would feel really really sad, but not typical sadness, it's like I'm sad but I can't feel it if that makes any sense? It's like it's there at the bottom of everything but it's very very bad.

Normally this wouldn't bother me but the last few times it's happened haven't been really far apart and it's really affected whatever I've been doing.

Oh and also, something I forgot to say was that I also get the feeling that there is a lot of sound and activity going on that I can't hear (like my dream sort of noise).

So if you know about any of what I've written, please let me know, and if you wanna know I'll try to answer.

[edit on 2/12/08 by Kappo]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am no doctor, (perish the thought) but this could be a symptom of a relatively minor anxiety disorder. Most who can cope endure these 'fugues' of perception; but it may be worth speaking to a physician regarding the events. You never know.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Oh okay, that would make sense thank you.

Sorry, I didn't find anything about it on the internet so I thought I may as well post it here.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I agree, no matter what the context this dream may be communicating there is an anxiety associated with your perception of time and how you relate to it. There is always more "stuff" that is going to be thrown at us which will lead to obligation which leads to less "free time". Learn to alter your perception of your environment and recognize it's own sense of balance and you'll realize things aren't going any faster or slower then they should.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ok seriously - I've had the same thing happened...not as regularly...but at least 3 times a year my world speeds up. Things are more pronounced...as if they were sharper.

All sounds are clearer, louder and sped up by about 25 %.

I really thought I was the only one.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kappo

im 13 and i get that feeling all the time.... it makes everything so confusing.. ill be talking to someone in spare time during class and i will just feel like what you explained and i will shut my eyes and stop thinking about everything.... i thought it was just me... but geez how can you be unique now days.....

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Oh and also, something I forgot to say was that I also get the feeling that there is a lot of sound and activity going on that I can't hear (like my dream sort of noise).

I think I've had almost exactly the same feeling! It feels like everything around me is very fast and sort of "hectic", even if I'm in a totally calm room - almost as though time itself was sped up around me. Also, exactly as you phrased it, "I also get the feeling that there is a lot of sound and activity going on", although I do kind of hear it in the back of my head, kind of like the sound of a busy room with many people talking, but sped up.

Only the thing is for me, I know exactly what causes this feeling: fever. When I'm very sick, or often when recovering from a sickness, I get this feeling. In other words, it's the results of a mild case of delirium for me.

When I get this feeling, it's usually after I have a similar delirious dream, which is almost impossible to describe with words, but it feels like time is sped up, and there's some kind of battle going on (but not really a battle - hard to describe), between the sickness and my immune system. It's a kind of "scary" dream, and when I wake up I'm often very relieved for some reason (but it's always very hard to remember what the dream is about for very long, other than the feeling of sped up time and noises, etc.)

But that's just how it is for me. If you're feeling like this when you're perfectly healthy (no recent sickness or anything), then you might consider seeing a doctor or something as others here have mentioned.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by ac500]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I used to have the exact same thing happen to me and it started when I was about 11 years old. I got pneumonia in my left lung and had a fever of 105. (happens randomly now adays)

Its almost as if the room your in has been shot out of a cannon and is traveling at 100,000,000 mph yet nothing is moving. You dont hear voices but you feel as if there are multiple people talking to you at a fast rate and you have to know what everyone one of them is saying, as it is important - it is just noise - but the room is silent. Sometimes its as if you are being pulled towards something.

Shakes ----- its not a perception of time problem. youd understand completely if you have had this happen.

Do you ever get the feeling when trying to sleep, that it is as if you are shaking your head left -> right but your not moving? get a little dizzy feeling. Now I just go with it instead of fighting it and I have some of the weirdest dreams I ever have.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by 30 Seconds]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I could be wrong buy my bet is that you are experiencing hormonal fluctuations due to puberty.

How old are you. Adolescence is a crazy time.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You hear the frequency of the Earth.
The sound of it induces the rush of emotion.
to put it simple.
you are feeling the pain of the world.
its crying.
and no body is listening.
if you just sit and listen.
you will hear it.

Time is wasting away.
this is true.
the feeling of time passing you by with nothing to grip ahold of.
Its struggling to fix itself.
but its almost the point of no return.
once the balast has fallen.
the end is upon us.

i do not know how i know these things.
if i could explain it i would.
i just do.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kiliker30

I think it is time you took a break from ATS!

What you are experiencing could be anxiety, i have heard similar cases before!

If you are under alot of stress at the moment that could also trigger it, but nothing seriously wrong with you!

Just get it checked out with a profesional and see what happens! No need to be affraid!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The frequency of the planet (and subsequently all of it's inhabitants) is raising, so everything is speeding up.

Do you feel like we have about 6-8 less hours a day than we used to?

Every so often (a few times a year), the planet is infused with a higher dose of energy from the universe, and since everything's made out of energy, perhaps you're more sensitive to it than others and you get this "moving really fast" feeling.

Look up Ascension Symptoms and see if they correlate to what you've been feeling. Some people discredit it as BS, so it just depends on your outlook whether it makes sense to you.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I sometimes have the same feeling. It feels like your thoughts are hasted. You can't control them. Their filling you head like crazy. But it lasts only for few minutes. I feel this almost every month, atleast one time.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Pretty sure this has nothing to do with the dream you had. I have had this and I have told people about it and they said they've had it too. There is probably a name for it and I don't think it is anything serious. It usually happens to me when I haven't had much sleep and it's late at night... maybe it's just a way of the brain trying to tire you out and make you want to sleep :S I would like to know what this is called though, so if anyone can find out?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think you may be suffering from running thoughts. When you start thinking very fast about three or four different things at the same exact time. It feels like there is alot of noise going on and it makes me angry/upset and almost makes me feel helpless. Because I dont even know what Im thinking about because theres just so much going on at the same time. The best thing to do is just not to do it. Just relax and stop thinking completely. Open your eyes and feel the now. Just ignore your head. Just stop thinking and dont worry about it. Its that easy. Try some meditation.

Not sure if Im talking about the same thing as you because this only happenes to me when Im fairly well drunk.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Sounds like anxiety.

Calm down.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kappo

Dude i get that in real life...everything to me seems ultra fast paced and chaotic, i especially hate being in places where people talk fast and loud...gives me a super headache and want to kill, but when im in control its different. As for dreams, its very different for me. Like i know im in control yet i still struggle to do so.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I get the same kind of feeling where it feels like I am moving very fast. I happens about every other month and I can't pinpoint how or why it is happening. Like right now it just happened as I was on the internet and kept going while I was reading this site, then it stopped as soon as I started typing this reply. I don't feel any anxiety. Or it has happened when I am at work. It seems it can come at any time. I am a very calm, low emotion person that doesn't get stressed very easily. Oh and I can usually get it to stop if somebody starts talking to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
"The discovery of slowness" by Stan Nadolny is a great book! Slowness is very much underestimated in our times. Actually, i think that you feel as you feel because the world IS that fast and chaotic. Time to stop running. Find your own pace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kappo

It sounds like Alice in Wonderland Syndrome

top topics

<<   2 >>

join