It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The humble beginnings of Google.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The Web Archive Way Back machine is a wonderful thing, this gem was recently discovered: Early Google Hardware at Stanford From this, the power-house company that defines our current state in the digital revolution was born. For interesting looks into the history of the web, check out www.archive.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
From that to being billionaires in about 5 or 6 years...

Amazing...

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Wow. Words are unable to describe how big google has gotten from all that. Is it me or does the monitor in the middle look like an LCD? and there's looks to be a distorted blotch above the second to the left montior. Either way, it's still just amazing that google expanded in such a short time.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Since my office still looks kind of like that, I guess I have a way to go before I am as successful. Thanks for the peek into the past SO. Great link.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Mighty oaks from little acorns indeed!!

A very interesting find SO - and a worthwhile site! Thanx for the URL!!

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
how did google become so rich? yeah, everybody uses them but there are a minimum amount of advertisements. nothing like yahoo.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
yea, that's interesting

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by toffa_h
how did google become so rich? yeah, everybody uses them but there are a minimum amount of advertisements. nothing like yahoo.

Toffa_h, There are plenty of ads, just no images really. Look at the featured linkes on the top and right of the screen. Google's ad placement auction paradigm is brilliant and one of the noted reasons for their success.

new topics

top topics

join