It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We have found the Messiah." John 1:41

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

The plans for the temple can be found in Ezekiel chapters 40-47.

You are forgetting about the New Jerusalem, mentioned in Revelation.

you can talk about symbolism all you want,it won't change the fact that the concept of the 2nd Coming does not exist in Judaism.As i said on the previous page,what Christians expect Jesus to do on his return is what Jews expect the Messiah to do on his first visit.This stated clearly in the Talmud.

The Talmud is part of what is called Judaism, is is not part of the Israelite faith. It's like using the Koran to try and disprove Christianity.

Jeremiah took the kings Daughters to establish the throne elsewhere (where the northern tribes had scattered), to keep the promise that God made to David, that he would always have a child ruling over Israelites.

Where in your quotes does it say this?

Note Jeremiah's commision....

10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

He is set over Kingdoms and nations (plural) to pull down, destroy, to build and to plant. This is talking about the king's line. He is removing it (pull down) from the kingdom of Judah, but notice it is to be planted again and be rebuilt, and since the commission is over Kingdoms and nations plural, it is to be re-planted in a new kingdom. All the kings sons were killed, only the daughters survived, and they went with Jeremiah. Like I said, if you want to learn more about it, read the book link I posted....

www.biblical-truth.com...

You are forgetting that Judah was also a place.

So is Israel.

Yes but the throne is being removed from Judah as a place, and be re-planted in Israel as a people, who had been scattered centuries earlier.

The Jews are those of the southern kingdom of Judah, which contained the tribe of Judah, hence the name, though I guess it did also have the smalled tribe of Benjamin there also, with some of the Levite priests, but the vast majority are the tribe of Judah.

The tribe of Judah was joined not only by Benjamin,but also by many members of Ephraim,Manasseh and Simeon.

Yes but very few, the tribe of Judah were the dominant tribe, hence the name of the kingdom. The northern kingdom of Israel was also sometimes referred to Ephraim, showing the vast majority of Ephraim were in the northern kingdom. Notice also that the name of Israel got transfered to both Ephraim and Manasseh, so obviously Manasseh were also in the northern kingdom with Ephraim....

Genesis 48:16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.

The Talmud is not part of the true Israelite faith, and was compiled after the death of Jesus.

Funny statement to make,for someone who understands Judaism that is.
The Talmud was written in 2 parts;Gemara c 500 BC and Mishnah c 200 BC.Waaaaay before Jesus was around.

You might want to check those dates again....

Talmud
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Talmud (Hebrew: תַּלְמוּד) is a record of rabbinic discussions pertaining to Jewish law, ethics, customs, and history. It is a central text of Rabbinic Judaism, second only to the Hebrew Bible in importance.

The Talmud has two components: the Mishnah (c. 200 CE), the first written compendium of Judaism's Oral Law; and the Gemara (c. 500 CE), a discussion of the Mishnah and related Tannaitic writings that often ventures onto other subjects and expounds broadly on the Tanakh.

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems you got BC and CE mixed up. CE means common era, another way of saying AD.

[edit on 3/12/08 by doctorex]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

My post was COPIED and PASTED from a JEWISH SOURCE ...
Sheeshh ...no I am not a JEW >...
Pay attention Moo .....you will miss something ...

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
reply to post by moocowman

My post was COPIED and PASTED from a JEWISH SOURCE ...
Sheeshh ...no I am not a JEW >...
Pay attention Moo .....you will miss something ...

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

Ah I see, couldn't figure out why one minute you speeled it g-d an the next back 2 normal.

Don't you think it's a barking mad thing to do ie to spell god as g-d ?

<< 1  2   >>

join