It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papoose Lake (S-4) Area

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Papoose lake (S-4) Area)

This nice shot of Papoose is from a declassified KH-4B reconnaissance satellite (part of the CORONA program).

www.serve.com...

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by quaneeri]

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
www.serve.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
www.serve.com...

www.serve.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
www.serve.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
www.serve.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
wow those are some nice pictures you guys found i couldn't find alot of pics of the supposed s-4 area

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yea Theres An s-4 But Not Exact Postion On The Lake.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I find it interesting that Bob Lazar's coordinates for S-4 do not match the coordinates for the commonly speculated location near the "toungue" of Papoose Lake. His coordinates entered into Google Maps drops you well south of the suspected S-4 hangars.

I will have to come back later and add sources and post the coordinates that Lazar gives. I do not have them readily available at the moment.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Am I to understand from this image: www.serve.com... that Papoose Lake is not within Area 51's boundaries (or at least, the proposed entrance to S4 isn't)?

If so, has anyone explored the location yet?

Also, this is my first post. I've been something of a lurker for a while, but I'm taking the dive and getting involved. Hello world!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by samling
Also, this is my first post. I've been something of a lurker for a while, but I'm taking the dive and getting involved. Hello world!

Hey there! I just made my first post yesterday as well after a year or two of just being a "browser." Welcome to the fray.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Welcome to both of ya'll !!
See the "airspace boundary" (in pink, I think) around Papoose ?
It's restricted airspace. As far as on the ground, I've read that a GreenPeace social get-together actually walked up to the area.
Can't remember where I read that, tho.

Anyway, have fun on ATS !!

Lex

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
From reading the stories and looking at the photos one must assume either:

(a)S4 complex sits or is semi-submerged within the Papoose lake hills close to the tongue but is so well camoflagued that aerial and satellite photos will never reveal anything other than the general location!

(b)S4 is somewhere else within Nellis AFB grounds but not necesarily limited to the Papoose Lake area!

I have little doubt S4 exists but it's probably NOT at Groom Lake. Nellis AFB says S4 is located within Nellis grounds but does not disclose the exact location nor what is being done there! Obviously, if it was located at Groom Lake, Nellis AFB would not know anything about it since they are not responsible for that area. If I am not mistaken Edwards AFB is responsible for Groom/Area 51.

By the way, I think the alien video smuggled out of S4 is very real!

[edit on 4/1/07 by SkepticGreek74]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Papoose Lake is outside the Area 51 boundaries, but withing the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) boundaries, just east of the Nevada Test Site (NTS).

There is no "S-4" facility at Papoose Lake. That was a fictional construct of Bob Lazar. According toa security handbook from Area 51, the Weapons Test Range Trailer Complex is located nearby, suggesting that Papoose Lake may be the site of some test targets, at least occasionally.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
As far as I know, S-4 only exists in Bob Lazar's stories. I've been a balck world researcher for almost 15 years now, and I've never found evidence for the existance of S-4 or a facility at Papoose Lake that isn't dependent on Lazar or one of his buddies.

If there is proof of such a base, I'm open to research to subject! However, until I see some real proof, I have to stick by my beliefe that the Papoose Lake facility is Nothing more then a Myth at best.

For the time being, I would have to say Shadowhawk about sums the truth behind the roumor in his post Above!

Tim

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ok, playing Devil's Advocate, here.
If, IF S-4 is an actual facility, and security is tight enough (start laughing)
why couldn't it remain secret ?
Maybe it's not in Papoose, as Lazar claims, but, near by ?
Maybe it's an extension of Groom, itself. Who knows.
But, as disinformation goes, always look for the grain of truth, in the oat muffin.

Anyway, just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
As far as I know, S-4 only exists in Bob Lazar's stories. I've been a balck world researcher for almost 15 years now, and

I have to agree with Tim on this one. Evidence from overheads coupled with eyewitness accounts from Greenpeace protestors makes it clear to me there is a whole lot of nothing going on there As far as a underground facility, take a look at my conclutions I made in the Area 51 research group here at ATS

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but what kind of research are you people doing? It isn't even necessary to go look for these places. A quick yahoo search on S4(on the first page too!) and I already found enough evidence(not proof) to contradict your theories!

Here is some interesting excerpts I found on one site alone:

Lazar described the facility to Timothy Good as being built into the base of the Papoose Range, with 9 hangar doors sloped at about a 60 degree angle. He said the doors had a sand-like texture coating to them, and Gene Huff later said the doors were rollup type doors. There were 9 of the hangar bays in all.

Per Lazar, the disc he described as the "Sport Model" had an approximate diameter of 52'. Allowing for adequate work clearance, it's reasonable to assume a hangar bay would be at least 70' wide. So for 9 bays, the overall length of the facility would have to be at least 630', maybe more.

On the "Billy Goodman Happening" radio show, Lazar described the dirt road the bus took to S-4 as a "good dirt road." When a caller asked him if the facility was underground, he replied, "No, it's not underground; it's just butt up against the side of a little mountain, a little hill kind of, but it's kind of inside the mountain."

Just by reading these 3 exerpts from www.darkgovernment.com... you can see why spotting these buildings would be such a daunting task!

Go on and read the rest of the article as it goes into more details about Bob Lazar and S4!

I also read an article(don't remember where) that Nellis AFB admitted to an S4 complex within its grounds but did not specify it's exact location nor what is being done there! It is NOT at Groom Lake! Groom Lake is under Edwards AFB supervision and therefore if S4 was at groom lake Nellis AFB would NOT know about it! I mentioned this in my previous post but nobody was paying attention!

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm not convinced it would be that easy to hide hangar doors at the edge of Papoose Lake. There is not much of a hill there.

Bob Lazar is not a credible source by any means. Search the Internet for more information on this topis.

The DET 3 SP JOB KNOWLEDGE HANDBOOK for the "Area 51" security force (circa 1988) describes a Weapons Test Range in the Papoose Lake area.

The only "S-4" on the Nellis Range is Site 4 near Tonopah Test Range. For more information on this, look here:

www.serve.com...

Just because the Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards AFB runs the Groom Lake base doesn't mean officials at Nellis AFB don't know about it, unless you are talking about Public Affairs spokesmen who probably make it a point not to know so they can honestly deny knowledge of such things

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
I'm not convinced it would be that easy to hide hangar doors at the edge of Papoose Lake. There is not much of a hill there.

Who said the hangar doors have to be located exactly by the lake? Could they not be located a bit further up hillside? Besides, according to Lazar only the hangar doors protude(camoflagued with a sand texture) and the rest of the buildings are built within the hills! Use your imagination a little!

Bob Lazar is not a credible source by any means. Search the Internet for more information on this topis.

I have no way of knowing whether he is credible or not! However, I do find his story very interesting and plausible. Many well known researchers are also willing to give him the benefit of doubt!

The DET 3 SP JOB KNOWLEDGE HANDBOOK for the "Area 51" security force (circa 1988) describes a Weapons Test Range in the Papoose Lake area.

I have not read the manual but assuming what you say is correct they could try to disguise the S-4 facility as the "Weapons Test Range"! If the S-4 facility is ultra secret and off groom lake then it is easy to understand why the cammo dudes would be mislead. The answer is they have no business there!

The only "S-4" on the Nellis Range is Site 4 near Tonopah Test Range. For more information on this, look here:
www.serve.com...

Yeah, I must confess you make a good point here but bear in mind if they really wanna disguise this ultra secret facility they could intentionally try to mislead people by having 2 S-4 facilities. For example, one could be called S-4a and the other S-4b or perhaps S-4 and Site Four. Heck, anything is possible!

Conclusion: I really don't know what to make out of it! As Mahood points out there are both pros and cons and making up your mind either way is very difficult! Mr. Lazar did seem to have a lot of inside information during his interviews so implying that he is a hoaxster is kinda foolish. Why would he MAKE UP such an ELABORATE SCHEME on national television? What would he gain other than a little notoriety and A LOT OF SCORN?! Would you go on tv to get scorned at UNLESS YOU HAD A VERY GOOD REASON TO????

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join