It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Presidency Watch/post election & first 100 days

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

They can have hearings but the odds are nothing will happen regarding privatization... only a handful of people are for it and most of them have no idea how it works. I suspect its a last gasp effort from the bushies still in place.... but if I recall correctly Obama nixed the whole idea during the campaign.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Well campaign promises can be broken, Bush was good at that, his father was good at that and Clinton did also, so who is to say that Obama will do as what he is told and that it's.

Still if the economy is in such mess I will not be surprise that money to support the SS is going to become scarce as the crisis increases.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My advice to everyone for what it is worth is to stay as far away from the mega banks as you can and move into credit unions and other local banking instituitions.

Screw wal-mart and other corporate entities and buy local whenever possible... you may pay a little more but you keep the money out of their coffers and where it will do the most good... in your communities economy.

And grow your own food (or some of it anyway) whenever possible.

In short be more independent and less dependent on the corporate world... you are far more than just a consumer... you are a citizen and an individual first and foremost...

... its the whole milk the rubes for what they can get attitude that got us into this mess to begin with.

SCREW THEM!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Believe it or not Grover more and more people is doing just that, but something interesting only people with "financial means" I by that I refer to people that are not close to poverty level.

The Wal-Mart in my area is located in a more solvent area, in the beginning the place was clean,organized and even catered to the more solvent custumers in the area were is located.

Lately I don't even go into My local Wal-Mart, the store has been taken over by the other side of town that nobody likes to go too, the place looks terrible and don't even go there at the beginning of the month because you will be run over.

Just a few weeks ago a death woman was found in the parking lot during the day time in her car naked, she was a prostitute.

The people in the area are now complaining about the activities going on in the parking lot of the place, but Wal-mart refuse to have guards patrolling the store outside.

It is disgusting.

Next to it is a skater ring that has been there before Wal-Mart even my children used to go there when they were teens and lot of children attend the ring at night and even the owner is complaining about the safety of the his minor custumers.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have been living like that for years... I grow a lot of herbs and vegetables in the summer and I buy in bulk at the local farmers market and can what I am able.

I just switched to a local federal credit union from Bank of America and I go to wal-mart as a last resort.

I shop thrift stores and buy second hand when I can.

Do I suffer from this? Not by a long shot... I thrive.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Just a few weeks ago a dead woman was found in the parking lot during the day time in her car naked, she was a prostitute. The people in the area are now complaining about the activities going on in the parking lot of the place, but Wal-mart refuse to have guards patrolling the store outside. It is disgusting.

Although I deny any first hand knowledge, I have always been sympathetic to women forced into prostitution. Only in movies and dime novels to women volunteer for this job. And I feel sympathy for men as well but they number only a small fraction compared to women. We know from the studies already done that almost all of them are 1) poor, 2) from dysfunctional homes, and 3) addicted to something.

They are then exploited by madame's or pimps. Due to the nature of their trade, they are generally outcasts and all too few of the so-called decent people want anything to do with them. Some people are content to recite that worn-out adage, that prostitution is the oldest profession and like the poor, we shall always have them with us.

As a liberal person I accept neither proposition as a given.

Next to it is a skate ring that has been there before Wal-Mart even my children used to go there when they were teens and lot of children attend the ring at night and even the owner is complaining about the safety of the his minor customers.

Wal-mart may be playing it safe, legal-wise. IF they - Wal-mart - undertake to perform a service, then failures in the performance of that service would lay them open for suits by anyone who feels damaged by the alleged failure. In business you cannot undertake to do anything you cannot do well.

Private security firms frequently charge $30 an hour for furnishing a uniformed guard who they pay $8 or $10 an hour. Insurance however probably costs as much as the guards salary. A trick of the trade is to offer policing services to a very small city for free. That permits your men to be SWORN PEACE OFFICERS and in most states, gives them state-wide jurisdiction. Now your guards are ARMED and you enjoy the cover afforded to the police.

As long as we live in a culture that blithely accepts 40-50-60 million people in DEEP poverty while the same SYSTEM produces more and more BILLIONAIRES every year, these issues will remain UNSOLVED. If there is a GOD he must surely have a place deep in HELL reserved for those who boast “IN GOD WE TRUST” on our currency! For blasphemy!

[edit on 2/25/2009 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

Is interesting to point out that in an area where one of the biggest and most wealthy attended church is just in front of the wal-Mart I am talking about, just makes you wonder about the Irony that the Super store has brought to the residents.

Also just next to Wal-Mart is gated golf course comunity where the homes are well over the 300 thousand dollar mark, with that you can imagine how in the heck a wal-mart got to be build there, well it seems that the Church was the one that sold the land to Wal-mart.

Also the Wal-Mart is suppoused to have cameras and when the police asked for the video to see if they could identify the person that drove the woman in the parking lot the cameras has not been working for quite a while.

The Super Wal-mart expect the county to provide with security at night pay by the taxes of the residents.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Is interesting to point out that in an area where one of the biggest and most wealthy attended church is just in front of the Wal-mart I am talking about, Also just next to Wal-Mart is gated golf course community where the homes are well over the 300 thousand dollar mark, with that you can imagine how in the heck a Wal-mart got to be build there, well it seems that the Church was the one that sold the land to Wal-mart.

You know already I hate gated communities. They are anti-social and anti-American. Those communities are lived in by the R&Fs. Rich and famous. And it is the R&Fs that are the Movers and Shakers of any community.

When they - the R&Fs - are able to ISOLATE themselves far away from the horrors of living in a dumpy rundown neighborhood with stopped up plumbing, abandoned by police and garbage collectors, they tend to keep their focus on things that are NOT important to ordinary people. How can a single mother raise her children in a neighborhood filled with prostitutes, pimps, loan sharks and drug dealers? Not even to mention you'd see more rats in one night than I have seen in 25 years!

How many cop cars would show up at the gated community if a carload of gangsta types ran past the guard shack, and rampaged through the ritizy place shooting AK47s in all directions? And how long would it take for the cops to get there?

Also the Wal-Mart is suppose to have cameras and when the police asked for the video to see if they could identify the person that drove the woman in the parking lot the cameras has not been working for quite a while. The Super Wal-mart expect the county to provide with security at night pay by the taxes of the residents.

Actually, since lately Wal-mart is either giving away medications or selling them for $2 or $4 per 30 day supply and extending their health insurance to part time workers I’ve had to do a re-think on Wal-mart. Wal-mart is probably not “supposed” to have cameras on the parking lot. I think they had cameras that were “supposed” to work but did not. I don’t think any law requires cameras anywhere.

Large shopping centers want cameras so that they can see who is stealing their $500 shopping carts. A truck load of those will bring $10,000 down in Mexico. Not bad for a weekend’s work and a stolen rent-a-truck.

And one more thing. Rich people don’t shop at Wal-mart. I guarantee you the large shopping malls that feature up-scale stores have armed guards!

[edit on 2/25/2009 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I guess the zionists are really panicking now.
People are realising Obama was a toal stint to the whole deception in the last 8 years. A total puppet.

It's is so embarresing at this stage. Obama is alrteading appearing like a lost child obviosuly taking the orders from his master pupeeteers.

Honestly it's just to sore for my brain to watch America fallling for another zionist puppet.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by universe attracts wisdom

Can the Zionist anti Jewish tripe... it is not welcome on this thread... no racism is. If you have nothing positive to contribute then don't bother.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well as I watched Obama speaking this morning he sure is the smooth and convincing talker.

He slash to the wasted spending due to ""lobbying interference and call the oil selling nations "government dictators".

He slashed at the compensation packages to failure and legislation will be needed.

Well that sure makes people feel good and cozy.

Specially when he promises health care for all.

And occurs the "investment in the economy".

Got to give it to him he is a fresh of air when it comes to speeches since Clinton.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

He does know how to talk that's for sure and actually pronounces words correctly without mangling them.

I listened to Jidel's Republican reply to Obama's speech before Congress and it was the most vacuous thing this side of Sarah Palin.

It seemed like he spent half his time talking about himself and the balance repeating himself saying tax cuts and Americans can do anything over and over again.

This was not a serious reply... not even close... and if the Republicans think it was, is there any wonder given the gravity of the situation we face economically... that they are continuing to sink in the polls?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Didn't Obama say something along the lines of, "I'm not going to take your guns."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Opps.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I tell even I get all warm and cozy when he speaks
he is very charismatic.

The only reason the Republicans keep sinking in the polls is because Obama is so good that he actually have many of the people in this nation wrap around his speeches and his demeanor.

Is going to be very hard for the Republicans to brake that growing bond.

Americans right now doesn't want to hear about stupidity they want results and wants reassurance and that is exactly what Obama is giving to them.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

No he never claimed or suggested that he wanted to take anyone's guns. Enforce existing gun control laws... yes.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Is going to be very hard for the Republicans to brake that growing bond.

That's easy. Just have to break his teleprompter. Obama sounds like Bush when he doesn't have one!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I suggest you go back and read what this thread is about.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
No he never claimed or suggested that he wanted to take anyone's guns. Enforce existing gun control laws... yes.

Funny, he did say he was not going to take guns, yet his administration is cranking out anti-gun bills like they are going out of style.

But according to this, Holder states that there are just a few "gun related changes" that Obama wants, and one is the AWB.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yes but even bush with all propping and training could not get his words to sound as goods as Obama.

He truly has a very clear and loud voice you can understand everything he is telling.

Great speaker, for real.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I suggest you go back and read what this thread is about.

Shucks, I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about Obama's administration and his agenda while in office. I guess bringing back the AWB isn't part of that, huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join