It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my dog found something in the base of my kitcken cuboard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
i came home one afternoon three days ago and was greatd by my two dogs as usual. i opened up my back door so they could go in the garden and do their business. neither of them wanted to go out, this is weird but not uncommon. As i shut the back door some leaves blow accross the kitchen floor and my youngest dog chased them and ran straight into the cuboard.

she than bagan to sniff the base of the cuboard, and scratching at the base. She then bagan to bark. she then went mental at the cuboard.

after trying to disract her from it and pulling her away, for ages i ended up just locking her out of the kitchen. this just led to her sitting outside the kitchen crying and scatching. this continued until the evening, then i had to go to work, so i opened the kitchen door and she ran to the cuboard and sniffed it. she then just sat and stared at it. i left her there.
when i returned later that night with my wife, we found her still sctratching and sniffing the cuboard, she had even bittten some of the wood off.

our other dog greeted us as normal but the other did not, just continued at the cuboard.
after another couple of hours my wife and i decided it's time to take the base off the cuboard. this was after opening all the cuboard doors and draws to show the dog there was nothing there.

in the base on the cuboard there was a piece of old carpet and on top of that, a ten inch metal file. a chunky one. it is starting to rust at one end a dark redish rust.

my dog still wont leave the cuboad alone but she seems not iterested in the file. have sprayed the entire kitchen in dog repelant which would normally work but she still just goes upto the cuboard. my other dog thinks she's crazy too.

what has this file been used for and whats in my cuboard?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The Devil is in your cupboard. Haven't you ever seen The Amityville Horror?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
thanks thats put me right at ease.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Some old food spillage or a left over scooby snacks. Is the floor different under the cabinets? If so, might be something under the tile/floor.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hope it's not one of these

media.photobucket.com...

[edit on 29-11-2008 by alyosha1981]

[edit on 29-11-2008 by alyosha1981]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
My first thought would have been a mouse nest, but you seem to have eliminated that possibility. Unless there’s more space for them under/behind where you’ve looked?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
thanks for vid alyosha198, i feel for the guy at the end, he was only trying to help the dam flea bag.
anyway i have dogs not cats

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If it's just one dog doing it the dog is just hallucinating or something.

I had 3 dogs and when there was something worth trapping they would all gang up on it. The had a coon in a tree for 4 days taking turns watching it.

However if one of the dogs got into something it shouldn't have it could just be affecting it oddly.

If it starts to look like he's sick then that might be the case, might want to call a vet and see what they think.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My friend has a bunch of cats in her farmhouse.

Once, one of the cats caught a mouse in one of her cupboards. There have been no signs of mice since, but that cat is obsessed with that cupboard. There's nothing else there that would interest a cat, but she'll go and stake it out every day, just in case another mouse pops its head around the corner.

Sounds like a similar thing. The dog has once found something interesting there, and has got the idea that, one day, it might just be interesting again.

Nothing sinister going on, just animal OCD.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The file that i found there i think has dried old old blood on it. And it also smells a bit doggy to me.
i have only lived in the house a couple of months, but a few werid things hav happened. tommorrow i will rip out the old capet under the cuboard, just to check...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
sounds like a mouse. they come in when its cold. my friend's dog has been doing the same thing at her apartment.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Mice are known to get through holes the size of a pencil, its probably a rodent of some kind.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sometimes animals do fixate even though what they were after is gone.
I had a cheap red laser pointer that I used to tease my cat with. The last time I used it I was pointing it at my shoe and the thing stopped working. I haven't gotten a new one but every day after I come in from work the cat will check out my shoe, just to make sure.

She remembers that pesky red dot.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Dry bloody file, hidden under cabinet? Do some research on the house, maybe someone got murdered there. Put the file in a plastic bag and put it somewhere safe.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hm... beware of unusual looking sponges.

Anyway, on a seriouse note, dogs senses are better than ours, particularly their sense of smell and hearing. Sometimes they'll smell something, or hear something, and they'll go after it.

On the other hand, sometimes they just go after something. Our dogs will sometimes dig a hole for no reason.

The files was probably used like files are. As for the cabinet, maybe another dog marked it.

new topics

top topics

join