It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the reason I fear the God of the bible: science

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahblah123
reply to post by noobfun

I started reading your post, but then I realized "Why would I listen to someone who can't even spell simple words?!?!"

farthers side
second comming
impossability
realsie
bieng

Try spell check and I might take you more seriously.

mate thats so petty, if you dont agree with what someone has to say and decide to post then why not offer up some critical objection rather than take a cheap shot at trying to undermine the posters intelligence. Not that you will bother reading this due to my minus points status

[edit on 29-11-2008 by cropmuncher]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blahblah123

i believe the message is more important then every last detail of spelling and grammer, i also type faster then i should

if you wish to use this as an excuse to ignore what i say thats your choice

but a lie is a lie even when well written

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Also, I'd like to clarify a few things before I just go: 1. When you quote the bible you should tell us where 5:21 is, and so on.
my appologise ill relook them up and edit

2. There are only a few sections that I take to heart, one being the Gospel
such is your choice

3. You look to science, and even that video you have posted, and you criticize others for the loopholes in their beliefs, yet you don't look at the major loopholes in science. instead you say, oh they'll figure it out someday
that isnt a loop hole its a best guess from the evidence available

if the evidence available says its unlikely then it probabily is

the loopholes your refering to(that i bring up) are not loop holes more logical fallacies

such as attempting to make a paradox(somthing that cant be real) real through belief alone

a paradox is always a paradox no matter how hard you wish it not to be, thats why logic hates them and trys at all cost to keep away from the evil little blighters

. 4. I never claimed the bible was wholly accurate, we do all have the potential to act as perfect human beings on earth after Birth, we just dont.
perfection is what is

but when im told a god made me to work towards perfection when his words tell me im made so i cant be becasue he wont let me and should then be punished for his actions i take offence at the thought that a loving god who wants us all to be saved can act like this and make yet another paradox of impossability

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
honestly don't worry about getting those verses. I was just saying for future reference.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Dearest Noob ...I would say that if a person cannot spell properly (they are not able to comprehend spelling that well) then they may not be comprehending reading properly either...which means you could be showing yourself to not be as smart as you may think you are ...has that ever once occured to you ?
I would think that an intellegent being such as yourself would at least be able to understand that much ...and spelling ought to be a whiz for someone who claims to read as much as you do ..*That is how I learned how to spell was by reading alot ..............

PS ..this isnt meant as a cut down ..just a reply to your question about you not thinking it should matter if you can spell or not .
And if you thought out the bible readings so well as you say you did ..you sure did not think out your spelling and grammer very good in your posts ..see where I am going with this ?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Those who wish to find the way will.

For the rest...

Revelation

Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy.” 12 “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

To turn someone away from he that delivered the command to Love God with all your heart and all your soul...under what authority does he speak?

To turn someone away from he that delivered the next command that is like the first, That we love one another. What person would deny that?

Those that deny God and speak as though they know the Truth, truly do not know in total 100% confidence.

Those that have experienced God, in the many facets that he may reveal himself, know that the non believers are full of opinion and mindless chatter, and will be forever searching, but never knowing.

Peace

[edit on 29-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

haha, yes by grace I mean sincerity or the ability to be humble. I don't know you in real life, obviously, so I guess it was unfair of me to say you have none. You say you need happiness to live happily, yes that's obviously correct, but you can't have happiness if you aren't graceful.
i totally agree

And please, we aren't talking about Jesus here. The grace I'm talking about could just be not showing someone else up, catching your tongue before you insult someone, not talking down to someone, etc. I say you need this to be happy only because it is a sign of a good person, and the knowledge that you are a good person, or are being a good person, is enough to make someone happy with themselves. And you can't be happy if you aren't happy with yourself.
were all imperfect but as long as we try to be better its a good thing

but its also a form of grace to teach others, to attempt to inspire others to search for them selves

if i crroect others it is not in spite or malice but to show them an error so they can better understand

the aim is not to tell them what to believe but to get them to question those beliefs and find a better understanding of it

i deplore the thought of someone beleiving what they are told simply becasue they are told it, to revel in ignorance is such a waste of the talents we have and we can frankly do better

I guess it's probably just me who is sick of all these arguments, and yes I could prove you wrong with facts. But I clearly don't have any and that is the point of believing.
so which is better?

the truth of facts? or truth of ignorance of the facts?

personally ill always go with the first and never suggest the second option to anyone not even the worst possible enemy imaginable

I agree with you, it is asinine for our children to believe in something blindly. People should always look into something thoroughly before they just believe. I think schools should NOT teach Creationism as this isn't 1400 AD. It is similar to saying that we should teach that the Earth is the center of the Universe. However, when we teach a subject like the Big Bang theory, which goes against so many kids beliefs, the teacher should also be obliged to say, "Hey, this doesn't mean that there is no God, nor does it mean that there is.
why? they are there to teach facts in the best understanding we have of them

science does not disprove god it just proves taking a book to literally can be ignorance inspite of the facts

god could just as easily kicked started the big bang and sat back and watched, a god who created a 14 million year old?(and still runing smoothly) dominoe topple of events is a far more imaginative and powerful god then one who simple said abracadabra

cant remeber who said it off the top of my head but here goes

'when two forces are equally opposed to each other, the truth doesnt nessesarily lie in the middle of them'

Science is still struggling to answer how those initial (what were they Protons and Electrons?) developed because energy cannot be created from nothing.
but science never says there was a nothing

except quantum mechanics which apparently have found a way to make nothing a somthing

And while there are theories, whether it be God or whatever,
they are hypothesies as they are unproven

nothing has a definite answer yet, and we are still searching.
and long may they continue

" This way you don't eliminate God in some kids minds who refuse to look further into it,
personally i wish no child was taught religeon while a child, give them the chance to understand the alternaties before one is picked for them purley on the basis of location(yes i really do mean this a child born in america the chances favour christianity, in isreal judaism, india hinduism, saudi islam for one true gods they seem to be area reliant in thier followers)

and we offer an alternative belief system for those kids who want to strictly believe in creationism.
teach children or anyone for that matter that ignorance is better in the fear of possably offending thier parents .. i could never agree to that sorry

Plus, the majority who fall in between, can look up the information themselves. Maybe you disagree, but that's just how I feel.
and now you see why there i say there is always a point

its the hopes that if any of them stumble across the forums it might inspire even just one person to go look and search for them selves to understand becasue they want to not becasue they are told to or told to ignore it all

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
i deplore the thought of someone beleiving what they are told simply becasue they are told it, to revel in ignorance is such a waste of the talents we have and we can frankly do better

Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.

Hitler thought extermination was better as did Saddam.

Do you really know what is better and under what guide?

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

[Those that deny God and speak as though they know the Truth, truly do not know in total 100% confidence.]

Which is why I believe they have so many anti posts going here at ATS ..lol ..
If they were 100 % convinced they would be moving on to try and figure out other things they are not 100 % convinced on .....they would bore easily in these threads .........because they would not be such a challenge to them then ...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Dearest Noob ...I would say that if a person cannot spell properly (they are not able to comprehend spelling that well) then they may not be comprehending reading properly either...which means you could be showing yourself to not be as smart as you may think you are ...has that ever once occured to you ?
go ad hominims ... your speciality

my comprehention is fine as is my vocabulary

the fact i type fast to save time i can explore other threads says less about me and more about yourself for requiring such methods to try and prove me wrong

I would think that an intellegent being such as yourself would at least be able to understand that much ...and spelling ought to be a whiz for someone who claims to read as much as you do ..*That is how I learned how to spell was by reading alot ..............
why waste time with spellings and correction it only slows me down

PS ..this isnt meant as a cut down ..
first time for everything i guess

just a reply to your question about you not thinking it should matter if you can spell or not .
which it doesnt unless you wish to ignore the post and are looking for an excuse

And if you thought out the bible readings so well as you say you did ..you sure did not think out your spelling and grammer very good in your posts ..see where I am going with this ?
i didnt need to think them out i just found them from where i knew them to be

and again the message is correct the spelling is a mere triviality, just an excuse people can use to not bother learning

arnt i thoughtful to give them an excuse

[edit on 29/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

I disagree with alot of what you said, but I don't want to go any further with this. Have a good day.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Those who wish to find the way will.
but if they are bieng taught not to look and it is wrong then how will they?

To turn someone away from he that delivered the command to Love God with all your heart and all your soul...under what authority does he speak?
the fact he spoke it or even existed has yet to be proven,

the proof im here gives me at least as much authority as a bieng who posiibly never existed

To turn someone away from he that delivered the next command that is like the first, That we love one another. What person would deny that?
that we ALL should learn to get along and not let our books get in the way and learn to actually like each other would be enough

if love comes from that so much the better

Those that deny God and speak as though they know the Truth, truly do not know in total 100% confidence.
and those that speak of god as 100% proven do not speak the truth just of a belief they hold

Those that have experienced God, in the many facets that he may reveal himself,
belief breeds evidence of belief as the aying goes

know that the non believers are full of opinion and mindless chatter, and will be forever searching, but never knowing.
oo is that a sneaky dig i see?

but it is better to search the truth then just accept anything as the truth and never find it then search for nothing and accept everything

Peace
couldnt agree more it would be nice to hav some more of it scattered around

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I disagree with alot of what you said, but I don't want to go any further with this. Have a good day.

have a good day buddy

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Which is why I believe they have so many anti posts going here at ATS ..lol ..
If they were 100 % convinced they would be moving on to try and figure out other things they are not 100 % convinced on
or we could be here spreading the reality of truth and logic

not the unreality of faith

if there were less beleivers there would be less doughters and none believers around here

the number of beleivers and the deny ignorance moto promote the questioning of everything including religeon

.....they would bore easily in these threads .........because they would not be such a challenge to them then ...
it would be boring if we all sat around agreeing with each other i agree

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
Or we could be here spreading the reality of truth and logic
not the unreality of faith

Aw so you admit that your preaching your gospel to the world and fishing for converts .....hmm wonder who that sounds like ...lol a religion eh ?

Preaching
Middle English prechen, from Anglo-French precher, from Late Latin praedicare, from Latin, to proclaim, make known, from prae- pre- + dicare to proclaim — more at diction
Date:
13th century

intransitive verb1: to deliver a sermon2: to urge acceptance or abandonment of an idea or course of action ; specifically : to exhort in an officious or tiresome mannertransitive verb1: to set forth in a sermon 2: to advocate earnestly 3: to deliver (as a sermon) publicly4: to bring, put, or affect by preaching

Oops another Ad-homin ...sorry ...
I am just trying to get you to be honest with yourself Noob ..

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Aw so you admit that your preaching your gospel to the world and fishing for converts .....hmm wonder who that sounds like ...lol a religion eh ?
we have no gospel or religeon we have no need for either

we offer the alternative, no more free rides sorry religeon its time to work for you converts and the myths and paradox's you give as fact and truth

why convert? its so not our style

we present the facts and say make your own choice

no choose us or burn eternally .. what can i say were just not about fear and falsety

Preaching
Middle English prechen, from Anglo-French precher, from Late Latin praedicare, from Latin, to proclaim, make known, from prae- pre- + dicare to proclaim — more at diction
Date:
13th century

intransitive verb1: to deliver a sermon2: to urge acceptance or abandonment of an idea or course of action ; specifically : to exhort in an officious or tiresome mannertransitive verb1: to set forth in a sermon 2: to advocate earnestly 3: to deliver (as a sermon) publicly4: to bring, put, or affect by preaching
hahha this is so feeble id expect more from you simply

Oops another Ad-homin ...sorry ...
I am just trying to get you to be honest with yourself Noob ..

i am else i wouldnt be such a happy bunny, i lied to my self for numerous years at the insistance of others

ive never been asked or had to lie to myself since

you can try and paint it as a religeon to try and make it easier to attack but it isnt

its freedom from religeon

by try and reframe all you like to villify its what religeon does so well

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Hell was created to punish, but it was created before he claimed to be forgiving. It was also given the job of finding which people were "true believers" among the others.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
here's a book that was arguably started to be written some 4,000 years ago.

At its heart was the concept of a God that forbade (among other things):

1. fornication (perverse sex) & promiscuosity
  2. eating of blood & strangled beasts that weren't thoroughly bled
  3. incestual relationships

science later bears out that:

1. leads to STDs that could be life threatening
  2. as an animal is killed it releases stress chemicals into its blood that are toxic and that the majority of pathogens are in it
  3. leads to abnormalities
4,000 years ago...before man had any notions about pathogens, stress hormones, and genomes something or someone was making sure we don't screw ourselves too much...

I know, I'm a simple person but doesn't this just make you wonder?
Incest seemed to work out ok for Adam and Eve... What went wrong? I mean Eve was essentially a child of Adam, being made from him. We all know how far humanity would have gotten with no incest after Adam and Eve got busy... so.. Well... It seems there is a big problem here. I dont recall Adam and Eve being married either.. Hussy.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
lol this is going to be fun

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Here is a question that seems to have no specific answer...

The bible claims that the universe can not contain God for he is so massive....(aparently), if this is so...then how is it that god himself was able to fit into a human body (Jesus) to offer himself to us as a perfect sacrifice? If in fact this actually happened not only is god proved infalable but also...a lie? Which intern is a sin....created by that which would not be completly HOLY....

Also..if communicating to the dead is a big no, no in the bible; inbetween when jesus died on the cross and before his uncertain ressurrection....why were there people praying for him...and attempting to talk with him...

ok maybe that last one was not thought out as well as the other but...my point is there...

[email protected]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join