It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can Someone Not Be Christian?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Wow OP I think you struck a nerve ...they came crawling out of the darkness gnawing on the edge of your post ....hehe ...nice work OP ...

Do you follow the same reasoning when someone posts a silver frisbee on the UFO forum? Or must the OP struck a nerve because it's about JESUS JESUS JESUS?

JESUS JESUS JESUS ..aww yes that name is above all names and the demonic spirits sure do know it ............and sure dont like it ...

What happens if you say it five times instead of three? In front of a mirror? Will Jesus come and get me?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xcrystx

hello there

The Lord has blinded the house of Judah

this is just one example of why people are not Christians.

The Lord gives us an idea with the parable of the sower and seeds in Matthew 13

personally i do not belive in free will, I belive God has controll of all things.

lets say you are shopping and you over hear a street preacher, Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God. As you hear the preacher the seed has become sown. God willing you are in a position where you can continue to listen, this seed is now taking route and is being fed.

a fellow shopper in the vacinity just walks past, ipod in the ear and hears nothing, the word falls by the way side and is devoured demonic entities are running around distractingthe shoppers so they do not hear the word.

another shopper hears, as you do, and continues to listen so it too takes route. However this shopper will leave the area and indulge and allow the fleshly world to choke out the word from them. It is forgotten, not fed and it withers and dies.

As for you, praise the lord, you leave the area but the words go over in your mind, you look them up on google and it takes you to a bible comparison site. There you feed the roots and new shoots and the wordis established with in you. over time it grows and becomes mature.

questioning is part of that maturing process, once we stop, we stop learning about God and our relationship with him suffers.

as for those taht are not Christians, we pray for them in order that the Lord brings them to repentance and that they will be come the next brothers and sisters In Christ.

God Bless
david

[edit on 7-12-2008 by drevill]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Because I don't believe in imaginary being first of all second of all I don't believe in mans lies if you believe the bible to be true, christs word then do some research and it starts with history, like 4000 years before Christ lol so where was god then when the Sumarians ruled the lands and were watched by the watchers, it is so self evident how ignorant most religious people are because they have one way of thinking I am not trying to offend by my post here I am just making a point that religions ruin people lands cities, households, souls, etc...
What I can't believe is how one sided religious people are, they have one train of thought and it is their own, and it makes no sense to me how does it effect you that people don't believe in your Savior who cares?
I think you missed the one lesson in life that meant the most and that is to Worry about yourself and you should have no problems with others but instead you create a post to show your disgust with non believers so I am showing you my disgust in people that don't worry about themselves.

If there was a god that the bible speaks of he wouldn't be such a coward and he would stop all corruption in the world oh wait.... I forgot Adam let Eve take the apple now were all doomed to a Life in eternal Hell, damn and I thought Life was bad.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
reply to post by xcrystx

personally i do not believe in free will, I believe God has control of all things.

lets say you are shopping and you over hear a street preacher, Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God. As you hear the preacher the seed has become sown. God willing you are in a position where you can continue to listen, this seed is now taking route and is being fed.

a fellow shopper in the vacinity just walks past, ipod in the ear and hears nothing, the word falls by the way side and is devoured demonic entities are running around distractingthe shoppers so they do not hear the word.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by drevill]

Demonic entities hey ?

If you do not believe in free will how do you live your life ?

Do you live in a state of dillusions and misconceptions your mind makes up from your reading of the bible?
I don't understand how you can not believe in free will makes no sense to me were you ever taught logic? were you ever taught gods will he must subject his will to his own creature to know what his intention is which is good will no.

Satan is a man made excuse for wrong doing~

God is a man made excuse for forgiveness~

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

ooohhh

So you believe in everthing you are told then? most of what you know is belief only. This is because unless you have direct experience you can only trust.

do you not know that your subconcious mind reacts before your concious mind is aware? Who is controlling whom? try to turn off your mind, can you do it? No of course you can't. You may have the reply that this is a survival trigger. well there you go my friend you are not in control. you do not have the great degree of will you think you have

david

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't care what you say. Their is a God and Life after death. God doesn't make anybody do anything. SO their is free will. Thats why we're here on earth to have a choice in God. God doesn't make you bow down to him! Thats you you'll never find proof of God, because proof shows truth. We need to follow by faith, no knowing but always believing!

And the biggest problem with you none believers is the fact its not illogical to believe in God. You don't hate us Christian you hate God. Whatever your hate is, that will never stop the truth. Life after death is a big gamble!!!!!!!God bless

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xcrystx

Let me just get it straight out there by saying I am so flabbergasted sometimes when I think at the fact that there are people who do not believe in our savior, Christ.

I am flabbergasted that Im always getting Christs C**k rammed down my throat!!!! I think the fact that people who are so out right pusy, makes me feel like Im glad not a part of your little cult..

Have a great day!

ps- I could go on and on and on.. But why bother? I learned not to bring myself to that level all to often.. But the whole christs cock thing was pretty low.. oh well, Its how it makes me feel...

Now its my turn to shove this down you'r throat, and you tell me how it makes you feel?
Sam Harris - End of Faith - Religion Terror and Future

Or Try this thread out, and see how it makes you feel?

Oh ps ps- Mods the censor is not bleeping the word Cock.. just thought you should know so you can do your thing..

[edit on 10-12-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
How can someone not be Christian? .... hmm... the same way someone can not be Islamic, Buddhist, or Jewish? Or maybe the same way someone can grow up with a religious fanatic and come to believe, on their own accord, that no religion is completely 100% right, that they are all right in their own way and wrong in their own way and the best thing to do is try to stay close to God?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
reply to post by seridium

ooohhh

So you believe in everthing you are told then? most of what you know is belief only. This is because unless you have direct experience you can only trust.

do you not know that your subconcious mind reacts before your concious mind is aware? Who is controlling whom? try to turn off your mind, can you do it? No of course you can't. You may have the reply that this is a survival trigger. well there you go my friend you are not in control. you do not have the great degree of will you think you have

david

I beleive in logic science etc... not man made lies...

I believe you to be one track minded

I can turn off my mind I go into my isolation chamber until my mind releases '___' (Dimethyltryptamine and in there I come in contact with my inner minds eye I see crazy geo metrical patterns I talk with energy beings etc.... what do you think about that bible thumper?

It would also be quite polite of you to answer my questions above in my last post instead of trying to ridicule me? Do you find it easier to attack the messenger is your minds sub conscious so brain washed you can't bear to live without the thought of god making everything all nice and godly for your crappy existence?

Subconscious mind is the sum total of our past experiences. What we feel, think, or do forms the basis of our experience. These experiences are stored in the form of subtle impressions in our subconscious mind. These impressions interact with one another and give birth to tendencies. We become prone to react in a particular way to a particular situation or stimulus depending upon the tendencies in our subconscious mind. The resultant of these tendencies determines our character. Depending on the strength and nature of their character people respond to the same stimuli or the situation in differing ways. The reaction varies according to the character of the individual. So you can clearly acknowledge the fact that my sub conscious is not all brainwashed like yours is my friend I never believed bible stories my sub conscious ever since I was a lil 6 year old in katikism has always questions the lies of Christianity because my brain can comprehend Fiction and Non- fiction my brain was taught stories at a young age

So in return to your claim about my sub conscious reacting before my conscious mind My mind reacts the way it deems fit and just so you know that is not in some defensive bible thumper way.

[edit on 103131p://upThursday by seridium]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I don't care what you say. Their is a God and Life after death.

Ummm, you don't know that for sure.

We need to follow by faith, no knowing but always believing!

That's where my problem with god begins.
I believe there is a million dollars buried in my backyard, I haven't proven it, but I have faith it's there.

And the biggest problem with you none believers is the fact its not illogical to believe in God.

How is believing for sure that there is a god logical?

You don't hate us Christian you hate God. Whatever your hate is, that will never stop the truth. Life after death is a big gamble!!!!!!!God bless

How can a non-believer hate god, that just does not make any sense at all.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xcrystx

Persecution does not happen because someone believes in the one true religion... Persecution happens because of close-minded people who can not accept the truth, which in this case is Christianity.

I don't mean to sound rude but that post is very hypocritical - you are the one who is appearing to be close-minded. Open minded people see things from all perspectives and are open to other possibilties. They can accept that whilst any one religion may be true, they can still can appreciate the fact all of them could be false.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hrmm...this is about the only way I know to respond to this one....because everyone else has pretty much been spot on with what I wanted to say...so I'll leave you and your pal jesus with a song.

You're such an inspiration for the ways
That I'll never ever choose to be
Oh so many ways for me to show you
How the savior has abandoned you
F**k your God
Your Lord and your Christ
He did this
Took all you had and
Left you this way
Still you pray, you never stray
Never taste of the fruit
You never thought to question why

It's not like you killed someone
It's not like you drove a hateful spear into his side
Praise the one who left you
Broken down and paralyzed
He did it all for you
He did it all for you

Oh so many many ways for me to show you
How your dogma has abandoned you
Pray to your Christ, to your god
Never taste of the fruit
Never stray, never break
Never---choke on a lie
Even though he's the one who did this to you
You never thought to question why

Not like you killed someone
It's Not like you drove a spiteful spear into his side
Talk to Jesus Christ
As if he knows the reasons why
He did it all for you
Did it all for you
He did it all for you..

Now, I think someone needs to grab hold of that eye they can't find, and PRY.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by siFtInG

And that is a perfect example of what is in the hearts of men ..And why men without Christ will go to their death (both physical and spiritual) ..and live eternal with the one they chose to be a servant of (satan) ....
if that does not sound like satan talking ......I dont know what is ....

Sometimes I feel like I am reading straight from godlikeproductions.com

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ok, so I just got called a satanist....I think?

Hate to break it to you, but satan/god/the easterbunny/all that nonsense...has no philosophical proof, no factual scientific proof, only what has been beaten into the heads of those of which it controls.

Christianity....where you are either with us, or you are wrong.

It's not about satan, it's the fact that some people are so quick to blindly splurt out their dogma/propaganda, and believe it as fact. Why don't I just say "I don't understand how some people don't like redheads, don't they know they are wrong? oh well, I guess when they die they will see no peace like me. HAHA!"

That's how I take you xtians

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by siFtInG
Hate to break it to you, but satan/god/the easterbunny/all that nonsense...has no philosophical proof, no factual scientific proof, only what has been beaten into the heads of those of which it controls.

Hate to break it to you but you cant disprove God either nor Satan or the Jesus. And all that nonsense you talking about that billions have followed you still and never will be able to disprove!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 12-12-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by siFtInG

Hate to break it to you but you cant disprove God either nor Satan or the Jesus. And all that nonsense you talking about that billions have followed you still and never will be able to disprove!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate to break it to you but you will live your entire life never knowing you have been had, it's what sheep do....

Anybody can disapprove of anything thats what makes us human

Plus if Satan was once an angel and now he has fallen why would god give him so much power compared to the others 100's of so called fallen angels, it makes no sense and with all the power God is supposed to have why does he hide why doesn't he stop Satan? is he that cowardly he just hides behind words? that other people have spoken for him? why does the Vatican hide apostles writing (82 of them have been silenced) why do they archive all kinds of precious truth from people? makes no sense other to cover the lies they have conceived, to me its all a crock of human made bull # we are so misguided as humans in this day in age if you haven't noticed yet, I can tell you right now you are nothing more than Capital gain to your controllers and don't think you don't have any because you do.
They taught you everything you needed to know to be a sheeple among the people.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Too many logical responses has scared away the OP.

Either A) - Went on a two week retreat to absorb more nonsense or B) - Found THIS thread and had a REAL awakening of reason.

Nice Job guys and gals.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
Hate to break it to you but you will live your entire life never knowing you have been had, it's what sheep do....

Prove it. Prove that your beliefs are better than mine. Me and the other sheep will do what we must to do to do whats right. God will prove to all that your wrong. And what happens when you find out your wrong??? It might be to late.

Anybody can disapprove of anything thats what makes us human

Than prove that God doesn't exist. If you cant stop talking!!!

Plus if Satan was once an angel and now he has fallen why would god give him so much power compared to the others 100's

If God does exist (which he does and you still cant disprove) why would you question his will and wants. Why I think the reason he let Satan continue is because Satan was the Greatest of his type!!! And that God wanted us to have free will. God doesn't make people follow him

it makes no sense and with all the power God is supposed to have why does he hide why doesn't he stop Satan?

He's not hiding and he is going to stop Satan. The fact scents you know scripture a little is the fact is Satan was a angel and knew God's power and look what happen. Judas knew who Jesus was and look what happen. Finding God and always following God does not happen knowing their is a God, people like Satan and Judas fall off the boat. God needs faith believers. Faith is the key, something you don't know about!!

is he that cowardly he just hides behind words? that other people have spoken for him?

And why does people speaking that their is a God claim that God is cowardly. Look either you claim their is not God and don't give a stand point if their one.

why does the Vatican hide apostles writing (82 of them have been silenced) why do they archive all kinds of precious truth from people? makes no sense other to cover the lies they have conceived,

Here I kinda agree with you. But too say its because they're not true believers of God. And why they hide the truth is because they don't want the true followers to find out the truth. (please put link and proofs that they're hiding scriptures.

to me its all a crock of human made bull # we are so misguided as humans in this day in age if you haven't noticed yet, I can tell you right now you are nothing more than Capital gain to your controllers and don't think you don't have any because you do.

Prove it. stop claiming things with evidents. And trust me no one controls me. I don't go to church and I do what I want when I want to. But still prove your beliefs.

They taught you everything you needed to know to be a sheeple among the people.

Again prove and stop stating. The only thing that has lead me is God and Christ. Thats it. You don't have to believe but the truth will be known. And when its known will you remember your words and post???? God bless

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Life after death is a big gamble!!!!!!!God bless

Are you seriously advancing Pascal's Wager?

In order to take your statement seriously, we must beliive: (a) that life after death exists and (b)that the bible is an accurate portrayal of what it is like and obviously (c) Christianity is correct. Therefore to be intimidated at all by your statement we must already have the belief in question. So when Pascal's wager comes into play its already discussing believing people (not admittedly though), because you can't pretend to believe something. You either do (in which case you could turn on this wager) or you don't (and this wager is meangingless).

Unless your God can't tell bet-hedgers from the "true believers"?

Thus Pascal's wager can only be brought into play if someone has a belief in life after death; and then *only* in the context as to whether they are going to follow their chosen holy book "to the letter" or not... better to be safe than sorry, right? After all, the eternity that you believe in is at stake.

======

However there are two major flaws with Pascal's wager:

1. Pascal put existence and non-existence of God on an even footing (50%) - there is no evidence for the existence of "God" or an "afterlife" - only the holy books for each different religion that colour the believers perspective when interpreting real world events (and perhaps their own thoughts,actions etc..). If you throw away all the books and somehow removed memory of them, then evidence for a God is non-existent.

These "holy books" are not evidence of God, but claims which require corroboration from other sources. At this stage there isn't any (we are not talking about any historical events but the existence of "God" and an "afterlife" here).

Therefore the existence of God and his non-existence should not be placed at even odds (50%).

2. The other main problem is that Pascal's wager assumes that the particular religion of the petitioner is the ONLY option versus non-belief. ie. Christianity = 50% and Atheism = 50%. In an honest discussion of odds re: relgion vs. non-religion, we must take ALL religions into account - this includes religions that are no longer practiced. How many are there? A heck of a lot more than 1, that's for sure.

So even conceding for a moment (to make my point) that God's probability of existence is 50%, in order to work out a percentage for the likelyhood that YOUR chosen deity is the correct one, you would have to divide 50% by the number of religions that have ever existed (or indeed will exist). If we take an ultra-conservative estimate here and say that there have been only 500 possible religions (more like 5,000 at least) then it turns out to be:

50 / 500 = 0.1% probability your God is the correct one
50 / 1 = 50% probability of atheism being correct.
(according to Pascal's wager)

Roll the dice, theists! Big gamble indeed! (for you).

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Hate to break it to you but you cant disprove God either nor Satan or the Jesus.

The burden of proof is on the positive claimant. That's you and not us. Also you have (previously) appealed to consequences (eternity is a gamble) - this is a form of appeal to emotion and is a logical fallacy. You are attempting to skip evidence presentation in favour of scaring people with what "could happen". This is why it is a fallacy - you have not presented evidence.

And all that nonsense you talking about that billions have followed you still and never will be able to disprove!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appeal to popularity - another logical fallacy. Just because many people believe something does not make it true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join