It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can Someone Not Be Christian?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

The effect Jesus Christ has had on us holy people is enough to make me never need to come close to questioning my faith

Holy?

So one of the effects Jesus has on you is that other religions make you sick?

Your post makes me sick, sick that as a species wil still haven't evolved out of religion.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

actually not all christians are like that and you are criticizing the accounts of other christians on ONE person. i have a question for you; you say that god doesnt now can you prove that? its the same question a lot of people ask just turned around can we prove he does or does not exist no one really can its faith and belief that helps people belive in what they belive in. now i dont shove it down peoples throat like you said and neither does my family or friends or their family and so on, if someone chooses not to belive then thats fine. dont criticize EVERY christian on again ONE persons point of view

[edit on 28-11-2008 by bellla198]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bellla198

I would agree, except that many (possibly most) Christians tell us that it is their religious duty to 'spread the Gospel' to non-Christians
So you might not 'shove it down people's throats', but taking the progressive role of converting people is not only encouraged but is mandatory for many Christians.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

i wouldnt say that, actually it is not mandatory at all people choose to try and convert other people some though do shove it down other peoples throat

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellla198

i wouldnt say that

I wasn't saying it either.

The point is, many Christians do, I hear it all the time

“Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you” (Matthew 28:19-20).

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xcrystx

I normally stay out of this forum. Due to the fact that almost every time I end up angry and destroy any good mood that I may have but I must say this point.

Why am I not a christian?

It's the heaven and hell aspect. In order to go into heaven (correct me if I'm wrong) but you need to be a christian. Correct? OK, so if your not a christian then where do you go according to your religion?

4 years ago, I fell in love. My Beloved Lynne and I were madly and totally in love with each other. I proposed Marriage and she accepted. That was the happiest time in my life. She passed away 3 years ago due to Kidney failure with complications. I almost followed her into oblivion if you catch my meaning. I loved her then and love her now. She was a Buddhist. yes one of those religions that you think so little of. She didn't believe in trying to converting people to her way of thinking. She felt that if you were ready for the church then you would seek out and join. She had a live and let live attitude.

Therefore (and please correct me if I'm wrong) but according to your beliefs my Beloved whom I loved so dearly that I almost killed myself to be with her is right now in Hell because she was the member of the wrong fan club!!

I made a vow the evening when I found about her death that when I pass on that IF there was an afterlife I would find out where she was. If I wasn't happy about where she was I was going to do something about it in any way that I could and I wouldn't care about the consequences as far as me.

I loved her that much and I still love her.

Thus that is why I cannot and will not accept Christianity as a religion that I would even think about getting involved in.

Personally I have a live and let attitude myself like Lynne did. Whatever floats your boat. I'm content the way that I am and do not desire to change.

If you must put a label on me as far as my beliefs so that you can comprehend me The closest would be agnostic. There is not enough proof to me that a Deity exists but I'm not going to discount the possibilty either.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This is satire, surely? The OP has to be making some point or other? No one really believes this, do they?

I think the OP is a troll. I query this part:

to the wrong God is probably the worst thing you can do

Surely, a monotheistic Christian would believe there was only one god in the first place? There can't be a wrong god, as there is only one god, surely?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Well...

The first of the 10 Commandments:

'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

And there are other mentions of gods in the Bible as well.

If I understand it correctly, a religion can technically be monotheistic even if it believes in many gods, so long as One is exalted above all others. I think?...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wow OP I think you struck a nerve ...they came crawling out of the darkness gnawing on the edge of your post ....hehe ...nice work OP ...

JESUS JESUS JESUS ..aww yes that name is above all names and the demonic spirits sure do know it ............and sure dont like it ...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Wow OP I think you struck a nerve ...they came crawling out of the darkness gnawing on the edge of your post ....hehe ...nice work OP ...

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church" (1 Corinthians 14:34-35).

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thought I don't believe in the way the OP said his meaning I some what agree with him. OP you did hit a nerv like Ashley said. The fact is I feel bad for those following a wrong belief, and following a wrong God. I only want all to have life after death. And yes I would say we do cram the word of God down your none believers throats. Its what we're called to do.

For say if Christianity is right, and there is life after death, and judgment day. I think God would be pretty mad that we didn't warn you, and try to give you what God gave us.

The point is this, if you don't believe and don't want to hear it, STOP LISTENING. Us Christian cant make you listen, we cant make you be saved, we cant make you read the bible, and we cant make you have the gift to which God is offering you. So if you don't like it and dont want to hear it! Get out, and stop listening. You in the faith section their for you going to hear faith things. We preach because God and Christ is the truth weather you want to believe it or not. You cant change the truth, nor can you stop the truth. So if you don't want it cram down your throat not listening, in fact stop reading this post.

The fact is God loves you, and he wants you to live a life in a righteous way. (sorry didn't get to finish)
And one day it will be proven to you and your unfaithful heart. The question comes is how many times does bible predictions have to come true for you to believe. Don't you know by the time Jesus comes thro\ough the clouds it might be too late.

I know some of you hate us Christian, but I don't hate you. Some of you have great miinds. You just don't want to believe in God or the truth, because of proof???? Come on, not everything can be proven but it exist.

God bless. And go in his spirit.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
What the # are you talking about? "Stop reading this post"? Are you stupid? It was a direct question. We we're meant to answer it.

It was not so much about talking about this thread. It was talking more about hearing the word of God. If you don't like it stop listening. And me saying leave the thread was to make a point. How can you say I don't want to be crammed with the belief of Christianity, then put yourself in the position of hearing it. If you don't like it stop listening and coming to the faith thread.

Originally posted by prototismI don't necessarily deny this, but you and your bretheren have perverted to message of Jesus so much, you youselves deserve to go to your Hell.

To be honest I don't disagree with you on this. But you have to understand its not every Christian doing this. Their is a big difference in following the bible and following a Christian religion. But you also said that you deserve to go to hell!! Only God judges people not you. But I do believe if you change the word of God some type of punishment is coming. (on a spelling note if you have spelling errors do a right click)

Originally posted by Simplynoone
JESUS JESUS JESUS ..aww yes that name is above all names and the demonic spirits sure do know it ............and sure dont like it

Originally posted by prototismNo. You are an idiot who obviously has very very poor reading comprehension. Here, I'll spell it out for you: Most of us don't have a problem with Christianity in theory, aka Jesus' teachings. The problem we have is with modern Christianity and its hypocritical, off base followers.

So do I. But I don't judge them. In fact I think its the off based followers of all religions that cased the so called holy wars. And the only idiot here is the one name calling. Simplynoone has a great mind, and just because she gave a one liner doesn't mean she has a poor reading comprehension. In fact if you read most of her post they are very illuminating. Wow is the ATS and BTS here for name calling. I think you just hit a low standard on your own.

Originally posted by prototismFrankly, I'm not surprised you can't make that distinction. But it's not really your fault that you can't. Because you are part of the problem (a "modern" Christian), you can not see past your pathetically close minded, arrogant, and dogmatic way of thought. You can not see the bigger picture. You are stuck in a false enlightenment.

Lol I think its you who can't see the bigger picture. And you cant prove that I am in a false enlightenment. What does it take for God to get you to have faith. I promise you God will prove himself to you. The problem might be its too late. Prototism is sounds to me you hate Christians for some reason. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't believe in truth and God's Son Jesus Christ.

For the monitors please do not remove this post for his quotes, I think its shows a point of Hate of Christians. Which I think others should understand. And I believe my response helps make a point to prototism.

God bless and go with his spirit.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
So do I. But I don't judge them. In fact I think its the off based followers of all religions that cased the so called holy wars. And the only idiot here is the one name calling. Simplynoone has a great mind, and just because she gave a one liner doesn't mean she has a poor reading comprehension. In fact if you read most of her post they are very illuminating. Wow is the ATS and BTS here for name calling. I think you just hit a low standard on your own.

I also believe this, and if Islam or Judaism were the majority religion in this country, and had the same problems modern Christanity does, you would see me in opposition to them to.

I don't hate modern Christianity alone. I hate all modern Western religion equally. The reason you don't see me expressing my opinion in threads about other religions is because:

1. They (the threads) don't exist; and
2. Even if they did exist, the members of the other religions would probably not be as outspoken, due to the fact their opinion is not of the majority.

Correct me if I am wrong in both counts.

Lol I think its you who can't see the bigger picture. What does it take for God to get you to have faith. I promise you God will prove himself to you. The problem might be its too late. Prototism is sounds to me you hate Christian for some reason. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't believe in truth and God's Son Jesus Christ.

I won't deny either claim you make. That is exactly how I feel about the issue, in a nutshell.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by prototism]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I also believe this, and if Islam or Judaism were the majority religion in this country, and had the same problems modern Christanity does, you would see me in opposition to them to.

Personal I thinks its not the modern Christianity you have to worry about. I thinks its the old Christian religions that you have to worry about. You know the ones that are basically their own government. We have alot of new modern Christian churches popping up here and their. But they don't have a stand on changing world events or people. But the old Christian religions like (Catholics) (which I am not saying all are bad) have a hand in changing world events and people.

I don't hate modern Christianity alone. I hate all modern Western religion equally. The reason you don't see me expressing my opinion in threads about other religions is because:

1. They (the threads) don't exist; and

Their are other religions posting about their religions on this site. Try going to Conspiracies in Religions in the ATS or Predictions & Prophecies.

2. Even if they did exist, the members of the other religions would probably not be as outspoken, due to the fact their opinion is not of the majority.

Correct me if I am wrong in both counts.

I think maybe before you say something maybe you should look at other threads about other religions. Their are people on the ATS and BTS from all colors with great minds. And they post about their religions. For instance Athesis post all the time and most of them are really dang smart. And just because the majority of America is Christian doesn't mean most of the ATS and BTS are Christian.

God bless!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Personal I thinks its not the modern Christianity you have to worry about. I thinks its the old Christian religions that you have to worry about. You know the ones that are basically their own government

The ones that are basically their own Government eh?

It's pretty modern still

Some of you have great miinds. You just don't want to believe in God or the truth,

I am continually humored by the fact that Christians on ATS think being non-Christian is synonymous to not believing in God and spiritual Truth

You can believe they are ultimately wrong, or in delusion because of the Devil. Whatever. But don't say people that are non-Christian don't believe in God and or spiritual Truth. Many do believe and are not Christian.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xcrystx

How Can Someone Not Be Christian?

How can you not be a Muslim?
How can you not be a Hindu?
How can you not be a Buddhist?

Answer:because you believe you are following the true and right path.

This is the same for all those who are non-Christian,they are following a different way.A way thats right for them.Do they deserve your attitude because of that? No.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Wow I can't believe not everyone is a Pagan! It just boggles my mind that not everyone aspires to be a druid!! Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xcrystx
To devote ones life to a mindless practice and to pray to the wrong God is probably the worst thing you can do.

CASTRATION
Matthew 19:12 "For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."

You breeding is the worst thing you can do. Accept God's word and end it with you.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Well...

The first of the 10 Commandments:

'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

And there are other mentions of gods in the Bible as well.

If I understand it correctly, a religion can technically be monotheistic even if it believes in many gods, so long as One is exalted above all others. I think?...

Yes, that's a good/fair point. However, is monotheism the belief in a single god or the worship of a single god? Would the belief in other gods but choosing to worship only one god (in a non-polytheistic sense rather than choose one from a pantheon of paradigm of particular gods) not actually undermine that belief in the first place? For example, how many Creator gods (as in a single Creator) can someone believe in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join