It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says would welcome Obama talks: report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Iran says would welcome Obama talks: report

news.yahoo.com

TOKYO (Reuters) – Iran would welcome talks between President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and U.S. President-elect Barack Obama, the country's vice president said in an interview with Japan's Kyodo news agency

Vice President Esfandiar Rahim Mashaie said in the interview in Tokyo that any such meeting must be held in an open manner and its contents made public, the agency said.

Mashaie told Kyodo the Iranian president had said "direct diplomacy is the best way to peace," but added that Obama must distance himself from Washington's stance so far in order to implement change, Kyodo said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
How dare the Iranians expect Obama will distance himself from Washington's stance on Iran.

We should expect that the Obama administration will do everything possible to avoid diplomacy with Iran, continue further isolation and escalate threats of military intervention while abandoning all possible paths to peaceful resolution.

How dare they dream of change and peace!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

We should expect that the Obama administration will do everything possible to avoid diplomacy with Iran, continue further isolation and escalate threats of military intervention while abandoning all possible paths to peaceful resolution.

How dare they dream of change and peace!

Avoid diplomacy?

What are you implying?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Words... Take from them what you will. Apparently talk is dangerous.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So the terrorists win, eh? (A sad day, when we talk to people rather than nuke them.) Shelter in place....

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I hear they've got weapons of mass conversation.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

May god save us if they ever decide to use them.

We must invade Iran immediately, seek out these WMC's and silence them before it is too late.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Well, I believe the Israelis would initiate a preemptive strike in the form of a long range soliloquy.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Why? who should invade?

Have you people lined up to fight now?

Tell us what you have planned.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

If the Israelis decide to take unilateral action the Obama administration could be forced to join them in the fight.

Talk is cheap, war is profitable.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Guys knock off the childish ignorance please

Grow up and stop war mongering on ATS. If you want to fight these war's you go out and fight them, stop this "we" business.

I do find the ignorance still today quite laughable, "oh let's nuc a nation"
Seriously stop behaving like animal's.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ignorance personified?

Perhaps you should read the thread again?

Maybe talk is more dangerous than I thought?

Hmmm

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
But I "asked" you who is going to invade Iran,

You didn't answer my question. Are you going to fight it?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

No one will invade Iran, you may be missing some covert sarcasm in this thread... What could happen (seriously) is that Israel will see this as a call to launch some kind of military strikes on Iran BEFORE Obama takes office and has any opportunity to have "talks" with the Iranian president.

If that happens all bets are off.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Let Israel do it, they were warned. They are supposed to be a somewhat respecful nation "striving" for peace. In this case they are not.

The important thing is
I remain in peace
You remain in peace
Obama remains in peace
USA remain's in peace
Ahamindinjad remains in peace
Iran remain's in peace

The Zionist's are not also behaving inappropriately but also, gong to war naked. The world just should sit back and be calm.

The Zionist's propaganda has been going on for years, they have actually made themselves idiotic
They are proving more weaker by the day. Just give more rope and they will hang themselves.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Too bad obama doesnt feel the same...ok not obama but the people who write his scripts.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is a serious topic. Please refrain from using sarcasm as a default means of communication.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

It is too bad that peace may not have a chance, it is too bad that dialog has not taken precedence over rhetoric and threats. It is too bad.

As long as they are talking people get to live a while longer, the USA, Israel and Iran could all benefit from "talking"

Will they do it with Obama as president?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

My apologies, I did not know that sarcasm was prohibited here. It seems that points can often be made better with sarcasm than with direct concise language. Sometimes people fail to see the point either way.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
My apologies, I did not know that sarcasm was prohibited here. It seems that points can often be made better with sarcasm than with direct concise language. Sometimes people fail to see the point either way.

Sarcasm is not prohibited here.

But sarcasm utilized in the opening post of what many may consider to be a viable topic is not within the bounds of our forum guidelines.

Please Review.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join