It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Obama Got Elected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The lack of understand in the Obama voting electorate is apalling! How could this people be so misled? See for yourself! Watch How Obama Got Elected and you will understand how uneducated these people are.

The responsibility for this tragedy rests with the American media. Their irresponsibility in reporting political news is incredible. Could they ever get the story right? Do the? Apparently not!

Here is the Zogby Post Election Poll that proves it: Zogby Poll

If you think you are politically astute then thank your luck stars! Apparently most of your neighbors aren't. Only 2% of Obama voters rated high in terms of correct answers to the poll!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

If you think you are politically astute then thank your luck stars! Apparently most of your neighbors aren't. Only 2% of Obama voters rated high in terms of correct answers to the poll!

When I took Poli Sci in college it was estimated that only 7% of the population could be considered to be politically elite - meaning only 7% keep up with politics and are knowledable in the area. That was many years ago and I would guess that number has declined greatly.

I'm glad that you started this post and hope that people will pay attention to it. It's really very disturbing.

Jemison

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I find this insulting to the people who voted for Obama. The video has a very small number of people who answered questiosn incorrectly. You have the nerve to indicate that all obama supporters are uneducated based on that?

Give me a break. I voted for obama and new the answers to each question.

The poll and video were a biased one. I garuntee you I could go out and find people who voted for McCain who dont know the answers to those questions.

It is such an ignorant and arrogant statement to say that all obama supporters are uneducated.

If I were to say that all McCain supporters agree with George bush on everything, endorse torture, enjoy's war and killing, and hates black people does that make it true? NO!

it is a biased and offensive video and poll.

John McCain Lost. Fair and Square. No biased video and no claim that all obama supporters are uneducated will change that. It only hurts your own case.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You're kidding right? People watched the debates in HUGE numbers and as I mentioned in another thread his infomercial thingie had huge ratings as well. Face it hon Obama is president whether you like it or not. I didn't like George Bush and believe he really did steal both elections but once it was official that was it. I voted for Obama and I'm not uneducated. Do you even know any Obama supporters or do you live in your little bubble?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

When I took Poli Sci in college it was estimated that only 7% of the population could be considered to be politically elite - meaning only 7% keep up with politics and are knowledable in the area. That was many years ago and I would guess that number has declined greatly.

I'm glad that you started this post and hope that people will pay attention to it. It's really very disturbing.

Jemison

So that means people don't know what they're voting for? Hardly. Even when I'm busy I keep up with politics national and local. Bull#. Would you be saying the same # if it was John McCain? Hardly.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I find this insulting to the people who voted for Obama. The video has a very small number of people who answered questiosn incorrectly. You have the nerve to indicate that all obama supporters are uneducated based on that?

Give me a break. I voted for obama and new the answers to each question.

The poll and video were a biased one. I garuntee you I could go out and find people who voted for McCain who dont know the answers to those questions.

It is such an ignorant and arrogant statement to say that all obama supporters are uneducated.

If I were to say that all McCain supporters agree with George bush on everything, endorse torture, enjoy's war and killing, and hates black people does that make it true? NO!

it is a biased and offensive video and poll.

John McCain Lost. Fair and Square. No biases video and no claim that all obama supportes are uneducated will change that. It only hurts your own case.

Exactly. This is hardly a representation of people who voted for Obama. I did and I wasn't involved in this survey. Zogby is biased in my opinion and from watching his polling in this election he seems to be going more to the right and doing push-polling. This is insulting and is making the assumption we need to go back to the days of literacy tests and all that UnConstitutional crap. Just look at the ratings for the debates for example at how many people watched. People were very engaged and interested in this election. Even if they didn't know a question or two on this quiz doesn't mean they are ignorant on everything out there and didn't know what they were voting for.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
OMG this poll is so stupid. They only surveyed 512 Obama supporters nation wide. When I took American government a term ago my professor mentioned how you have to have at least 1,000 people in a nation poll like this for it to be even close to accurate. The fact this survey only has 512 people shows nothing except with these 512 people.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LittlePinky82

When you have people who have a high school diploma and can't read or write above a 4th grade level, and you only hear whats been said by one side( The Debates where one sided by most accounts) and you have no drive to accel in this world you vote to get things handed to you, not on the issues!
Zindo

[edit on 11/22/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by LittlePinky82

When you have people who have a high school diploma and can't read or write above a 4th grade level, and you only hear whats been said by one side( The Debates where one sided by most accounts) and you have no drive to accel in this world you vote to get things handed to you, not on the issues!
Zindo

[edit on 11/22/2008 by ZindoDoone]

You're kidding right? The debates were not one sided unless you were watching something else that I wasn't and I watched or listened to all of them. Even the primary ones for the democratic side. Now if you want one sided watch those debates (more like q&a forums). And hon there's no excuses either. This is the day of the internet. People can go online and watch video's on Youtube and go to the candidates websites and read # there. Even if you don't own a computer nor internet connection you can go to your local library and do that there. Doy.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oh man, here we go again. To be quite honest I agree that a huge majority of Obama supporters had no idea what they were doing. On the flip side of the coin neither did quite a few McCain supporters. Sign of the times. I have noticed that among the people I know, Obama supporters could only mumble 'change' when talking politics. That in no way means that they all had no clue on the issues. You know McCain supporters are probably just as bad.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Obama this...Mccain that....If Americans were actually smart they would have went third party,oh well another 4 years of the same corrupt washington politicans,except now its a black guy thats the mouth piece,yay for America!
Why does no one ever learn!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
The lack of understand in the Obama voting electorate is apalling! How could this people be so misled? See for yourself! Watch How Obama Got Elected and you will understand how uneducated these people are.

From your link:

On November 4th, 2008 millions of Americans were shocked that a man of Barack Obama's limited experience, extreme liberal positions and radical political alliances could be elected President of the United States. For many of these Americans, the explanation was rather simple... the news media, completely enamored with Obama, simply refused to do their job.

They opened with a nice little bit of propaganda here... so we can already see their confirmation bias and lack of objectivity. We Obama supporters couldn't possibly have made an informed decision. No, sir. We were just misled by that vast left-wing media. Check.

From same link:

On Election day twelve Obama voters were interviewed extensively right after they voted to learn how the news media impacted their knowledge of what occurred during the campaign. These voters were chosen for their apparent intelligence/verbal abilities and willingness to express their opinions to a large audience. The rather shocking video below seeks to provide some insight into which information broke through the news media clutter and which did not.

Wow, a whole twelve voters! Chosen for their "apparent intelligence/verbal abilities"... huh? Based on what criteria did they make these determinations? Doesn't say. How many were willing but didn't meet these rigorous conditions? Doesn't say. How many were willing, and met these conditions, but were edited out because they answered the questions correctly? Doesn't say.

I wonder if we could find some partisans from the other side, to make an equally specious case? Nah, that's probably just my brain-washed-by-the-left-wing-media-misguided-thought-processes.

With respect to your "you will understand how uneducated these people are" lets check the numbers, shall we:

According to Gallup

Obama won the majority of postgraduates [64-36%]. So the most educated people in our country overwhelmingly voted for Obama. The only group that McCain made advances with (wrt the 2004 election) was those with no college education.

Should be an image (graph) here, if it's still not showing go to Gallup link-Rren

In almost every category, Obama beat McCain. Surely this is not all because of the media.... at the very least you can't base this of this survey of twelve people by an anti-Obama organization.

Here is the Zogby Post Election Poll that proves it: Zogby Poll

Uh huh,

CrooksandLiars.com

That poll created by wingnut John Ziegler purporting to demonstrate that Obama voters were misinformed by the mainstream media about Barack Obama and Joe Biden (and defended so scatalogically by Ziegler) has been examined by objective polling experts beyond Nate Silver now, and the verdict is unanimous:

Wall Street Journal:

"..Interpreted the numbers from the survey in a misleading fashion."

Pollster.com:

The Zogby summary quotes Ziegler claiming that "the poll really proves beyond any doubt the stunning level of malpractice on the part of the media in not educating the Obama portion of the voting populace."

The problem, as Silver points out, is that the survey does no such thing. It proves only that Obama voters surveyed were less likely to attribute to Obama or Biden a half dozen statements that were "at best debatable, yet apparently represented as factual to the respondent" ...

... Describing his biased, leading questions as a legitimate test of knowledge is hugely misleading, at best.

Even John Zogby himself is running from this survey, claiming it was put together while he was on vacation.

[....]

Actually, as we already pointed out, the questions were far from 100 percent accurate, and in many cases were nearly 100 percent inaccurate:

-- Joe Biden's plagiarism: While it's true that the media swirl around the "plagiarism" story probably drove him from the 1987 primary campaign, Biden was in fact cleared of those charges.

-- Obama kicked opponents off the ballot: Also false.

-- Obama wants to bankrupt the coal industry? Complete [BS].

-- Obama and Ayers: The claim he began his political career in Ayers' living room is false: "Ayers was one of many who sponsored coffees for Obama in 1995 when he declared for the Illinois Senate. The official campaign launch occurred at the Hyde Park Ramada. Their relationship barely goes beyond serving together on an education foundation board in Chicago."

So what the wingnuts are complaining about is the fact that the news media, for some strange, unknown reason, failed to pick up these falsehoods and loudly broadcast them as factual.

(emphasis mine)So, you were saying?

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Rren]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

look they probably saw obama on T.V. once or twice, and decided they liked what they heard compared to mccain. how about the decision to vote for a republican just because you want tax breaks. that's pretty ignorant too. what a useless poll, maybe it shows nothing but people consumed with thinking about how to just get by day to day in their own lives.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wow . . . I guess that's how Bush got elected twice . . . Oh brother! I just hope everyone gives the guy a chance to fix the mess, before you bury him and he hasn't even taken office!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Right away, Ziegler of Zogby said he would not be doing a comperable poll of the people who voted for McCain/ Palin. That is a shame because I think it would have revealed a huge difference in the 2 electorates.

As I mentioned, I put the blame squarely on the American media. Please read thread Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights? or just the article it references by Bob Henderson a liberal that makes a very negative assessment of his fellow liberal media! He makes the point that many of the problems this country faces such as the subprime debacle are due to unfair, biased coverage of issues by a runaway biased media. I agree entirely.

My contention is that liberal Obama voters watch the alphabet news agencies, NBC, CBS, etc. and get the glosssed over, pro liberal baloney while the more conservative people avoid alphabet coverage and get their news from more reliable sources such as Fox News which did some very good, unbiased assessments pre election.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Obama this...Mccain that....If Americans were actually smart they would have went third party,oh well another 4 years of the same corrupt washington politicans,except now its a black guy thats the mouth piece,yay for America!
Why does no one ever learn!

i agree completely...have all the conservatives you can find, form a third party...please, oh please do this. and keep it up decade after decade. please do this. we desperately need a conservative third party to challange the democrats.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
Oh man, here we go again. To be quite honest I agree that a huge majority of Obama supporters had no idea what they were doing. On the flip side of the coin neither did quite a few McCain supporters. Sign of the times. I have noticed that among the people I know, Obama supporters could only mumble 'change' when talking politics. That in no way means that they all had no clue on the issues. You know McCain supporters are probably just as bad.

I would have to agree, that a great majority of Americans no nothing about politics..............It's sad, it would be an amazing thing to see how votes would turn out if everyone knew what they need to know.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Oh man. Fox news... Just as bad as everyone else. You are not going to convince me that politically savvy people get their info from Fox news. The liberals are going to start shouting that Fox leans to the right. Then the rights are going to holler that it only leans right because of it's objectivity. Will this ever end? VOTE THIRD PARTY. I'll make cookies if you guys do! I actually went McCain in a failed attempt to thwart Obama, but my conscience cried a little.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Here's another example of uneducated Obama voters, interviews done by Sal of the Howard Stern show. They have no idea of what his policies are, or even who his running mate was!!!

O-BA-MA! O-BA-MA!

[edit on 22-11-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
After viewing this, I have come to the conclusion that I voted for the wrong candidate. Clearly Obama has the right idea. The first good one, "abortion". I now see that it should be the right of the parent to choose abortion. However, I don't believe that Obama has taken it far enough with late term abortions, how about post term abortions. I am a firm believer that every parent that had a child that voted for Obama, that thinks that child made a bad choice, should be able to ask to have that child aborted. Hmmmm, maybe Obama's issues weren't so bad.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by RealityisanIllusion]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join