It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Requesting large shark video...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hey ATS members. I could swear I saw on this board a post (from a while ago) about scientists who dropped bait into a deep section of the ocean (maybe Marianas Trench...) and some sleeper sharks started to eat it, but then suddenly they scatter as a gigantic shark enters the field of vision of the camera they had mounted.

I know in the post they didnt have the video, but as I cannot find it (or the thread...I did a search for trench, sleeper, marianas, 180 [which I hear is the reported length of the shark
], none worked), I was hoping someone else had info about the video or the shark. Thanks a lot for any help!

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hey, here is the thread and article...

Mariana Trench

Researchers Uncover Mystery of the Mariana Trench

(from pravda, who knows if its believable)

I also found some things in searches that may be of some relevance:

"Hi all,
The Sleeper Shark incident that you "speak of" happened on September 13th
1989 at four thousand feet depth in Suruga Bay.
Shark Expert Eugenie Clarke quotes the size of the animal thus:
"The best that we can say is that the it (the shark), was more than 23ft
long".
National Geographic Magazine refers to animal encounter as "The largest
creature ever seen in the deep sea"!!!
Eugenie Clarke was the Chief Scientist on board the submersible "Nautile" at
the time the incident occurred.
The complete National Geographic reference for the article is:

National Geographic Magazine Vol. 178, No.4: October 1990"

-----------------------

It has been speculated by a few articles I read that it was a megamouth shark, which was long thought to be extinct...a few dead ones have washed up recently, two in Suruga Bay, which is the same place this alleged "monster shark" was spotted. One was even captured live I think. Here are sites that tells more about these sharks:

www.amonline.net.au...

www.flmnh.ufl.edu...

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Shoktek]

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What is this the All research hotline? Google and ATS are very user friendly

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thank you Shoktek, the first link you posted was the one I was looking for! Still haven't found the vid, but I will keep searching.

As for you Cobra, others in the link Shoktek posted said the same thing - No info can be found on the net besides one small website with a blurb about it. I would suggest reading the link posted before you make such a comment.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hehehe, normally I look at sharks and they scare me to my very soul, they are so lifeless and I couldn't think of a worse way to go than to be attacked by one at sea at night.

However, when I look at this one it just looks like a grumpy bastard, it's got real character. I looks like it wants to say "WTF are you looking at". It made me laugh anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
However, when I look at this one it just looks like a grumpy bastard, it's got real character. I looks like it wants to say "WTF are you looking at". It made me laugh anyway.

"Grumpy bastard" hahahaahah
yeah im with John i dont want to get attacked by one ever they all look cool but this one looks like a badass
no wonder he scared the rest away. I have never seen a shark like that in my life and thank god for that! Wheres the queer eye for the gay shark when you need them?

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
heres the queer eye for the gay shark when you need them?

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by ShadowMan]

Haha made my day

top topics

join