It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Obama Have Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here is a psychological profile on Obama that seems to be spot on exact and accurate on many counts!

The commentator, Ali Sina, seems to be knowledgeable in the field of Psychology.

..partial transcript from video

His language posture and dememaneor suggests that he may suffer from NPD
NPD is a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration and a sense of entitlement. Often individuals feel

overly important, exaggerate achievements, and will accept, and often demand, praise and admiration despite worthy

achievements.
Symptoms that can be seen in Obama:
  • acts grandiose
  • exxagerates his achievements and talents
  • subtly misrepresents facts
  • opportunistically shifts positions
  • ignores data that conflicts with his fantasy world
  • is overly confident
  • considers himself above the law
  • talks about himself in third person
  • if fairly convinced to be unique
  • requires excessive admiration and adulation
  • has a Messianic vision of himself and his mission
  • is intolerant of criticism
  • displays false modesty

• If this doesn't describe him to a tee, I don't know what does.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
    link   
    If the definition is what is what in your post, that looks pretty accurate. I just think they played a jim jones on you lot in america.

Does he really give a damn, we will see.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:07 PM
    link   
    I don't know that he actually has a condition like this.

It's fairly obvious that he is in love with himself though.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:12 PM
    link   
    Is it possible that Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a requirement to succeed in U.S. politics? I mean, doesn't that list apply to pretty near every politician you can think of?

(except maybe GWB, who always struck me as just having a profound case of low self-esteem coupled with an unhealthy feeling of entitlement)

edit to clarify: this response was tongue-in-cheek. I completely agree with later posters who point out that a personality disorder cannot be diagnosed based on the public persona of a politician, or for that matter without some training in diagnosis. But I thought it was funny when I read the OP's list that it seemed like the prerequisites for public life

[edit on 11/21/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:16 PM
    link   
    Personality disorders are awfully tricky to diagnose because a large portion of the population will also fit the description. The key to diagnosis is the extent of those traits causing major problems in that persons life.

I do believe that most every politician and probably actors or actresses will show more leaning towards these personality traits or they wouldn't be drawn to the careers that they are.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
    link   
    I think it's fairly safe to say that once someone gets into that position of power, it's easy to let it go to your head.

Obama's is just a little more pronounced I think.

He loves himself to death.

I guess if he can fix the country's problems though, he can act however he wants.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:19 PM
    link   
    It's impossible to diagnose a personality disorder on the internet based off of a public persona. They're hard enough to diagnose in real life; trying to armchair a diagnosis is usually a recipe for disaster.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:20 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
    Here is a psychological profile on Obama that seems to be spot on exact and accurate on many counts!

The commentator, Ali Sina, seems to be knowledgeable in the field of Psychology.

..partial transcript from video

His language posture and dememaneor suggests that he may suffer from NPD
    NPD is a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration and a sense of entitlement. Often individuals feel

overly important, exaggerate achievements, and will accept, and often demand, praise and admiration despite worthy

achievements.
    Symptoms that can be seen in Obama:
  • acts grandiose
  • exxagerates his achievements and talents
  • subtly misrepresents facts
  • opportunistically shifts positions
  • ignores data that conflicts with his fantasy world
  • is overly confident
  • considers himself above the law
  • talks about himself in third person
  • if fairly convinced to be unique
  • requires excessive admiration and adulation
  • has a Messianic vision of himself and his mission
  • is intolerant of criticism
  • displays false modesty

• If this doesn't describe him to a tee, I don't know what does.

Sounds more like Al Gore.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:26 PM
    link   
    NPD i believe is a gift when it is going in the right direction...And with Obama probably having that, NPD brings out the real leader in him.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
    link   
    Another symptom that should be on your list:

lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

taken from:
    www.narcissism.operationdoubles.com...

This makes someone with NPD unbearable to live with (I know). A president with NPD would view the tasks of the office from the limited perspective of their own viewpoint. I doubt Obama has NPD unless he was feigning empathy to get the vote. If so, give the guy five stars for his ability to pull the wool over the eyes of the masses and be prepared to get screwed.

top topics

join