It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive object crashes over Edmonton, Canada

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by warrenb

This happened in the exact same area on May 25th 2007

Meteorites hit near Redwater, May 25th 2007
www.edmontonsun.com...

now that is bloody weird

the odds of a meteorite falling in the same area twice within roughly 1.5 year span... non existant?

Quoting this to have it re-posted so that it doesnt get drowned out in all the noise.

Seems Edmonton is a popular landing zone for large meteorites

Richard Herd is curator of Canada's national meteorite collection in Ottawa, with samples from 1,100 different meteorites that have landed across the country.

He said the biggest meteorite fall occurred northeast of Edmonton near the town of Bruderheim in 1960. More than 700 fragments recovered totalled 300 kilograms.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Has anyone come across a news article in the past few days about how an earthquake could cause a huge disaster in the midwest and surrounding areas? I tried looking for it and cannot find it. This maybe what it was trying to portray.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WISHADOW
I have seen tiny meteorites fall from the sky. They were green, white, blue. You cannot prove that meteors do not contain copper.

Actually, you could... If it were true.

Not only can researchers analyze fallen meteorites to see if they contain copper (and some do in trace amounts), but a diffraction grating can be used to obtain the spectrum of light given off by a meteor, and copper has been detected before in meteor spectra.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

As I said before, these things happen all the time... hardly surprising that some areas have more than one or two falls in the space of nearly half a century!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Come on everyone, it is obvious to me a drone probe came out of hyperspace too close to the Earth and did not have time to slow down. Therefore, it burned up in the atmosphere!

Of course I am just kidding, it was obviously what CHUD and Internos say it is, and a very beautiful one at that. The police dash footage was simply incredible.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

CFB Edmonton has become one of the premier army bases in Canada. It is currently the headquarters of Land Forces Western Area, the highest military authority in western Canada

Source: Wikipedia

In June in Edmonton, two people on a hill watched in awe for 90 minutes as four distinct lights hovered above them. At first they thought the images were satellites until they began moving erratically, closing in, spreading out, travelling in one direction, curving back in another, said Rutkowski.

Source: CBC

If you google on edmonton and UFO, you will see that Canada has had increasing UFO activity for the last decade or so.

Its interesting.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Let's put this in perspective.

Nov. 18 2008, ~17:30 - Huge bright fireball (meteor) is seen flying east to west over Sacramento CA, USA. Lasts for ~10sec. Viewers say it changed colors as it approached the horizon to greenish-blue.

Nov. 19 2008, ~14:30 - Huge bright fireball (meteor) is seen flying east to west over New Hampshire, USA. Sighting lasts several seconds and viewers say it changed hues, as well.

Nov. 21 2008 - Huge bright fireball (meteor) is seen flying through the sky. Viewers say it changed colors and lasted several seconds, as well. Video was taken!

Here's a "conspiracy" for you...
Late last year my father in law watched over consecutive nights a large reddish cloud form in space between 3 stars. It morphed larger, then smaller, and so on over the course of a few weeks until it disappeared completely, (I saw it for myself a couple of times when we visited my in-laws. You could see it through binoculars). There are some threads on ATS discussing this large space cloud, but I don't have time to find them right now. Basically, many determined it was a supernova of a distant star. If it was a super nova, it should have stayed in one place, but it didn't. It was in a different position in that general area over a few weeks. I don't think it was a supernova.

I half wonder if the asteroid that was predicted to come VERY close to earth was in fact intercepted by several tactical nuclear missiles (possibly ours) and broken up so as to distribute the mass/energy over a larger area before it reached earth. The reddish cloud seen late last year was the explosions of that asteroid and these meteors we are seeing in the sky lately (so close together) are some of those pieces.

I'd suspect/predict that we will see quite a few more meteors over the next couple of months. I would expect the moon to get hit by some of the debris as well, IF this is indeed what's happening.

So, UFO invasions, illusions to test us, etc? I highly doubt it.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Flux8]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerevar
This hasn't even made the news here in the UK.

I have searched BBC News and Sky News and there are no reports at all.

The only link that i managed to find was on the Daily Mail's website...and i doubt that will have made it to press...

Daily Mail Online

Strange. If it wasn't for ATS i would know about this happening...

It just made the Chanel 5 news here in the UK.

This is standard behavior from the UK news agencies for events like this. They almost never make the BBC news. This is certainly not the first time. I've seen this happen over and over again. In other countries, such as the US major meteors tend to get more coverage.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Why aren't they showing the impact area. They have it on film....why ??

Stop video at 1.14... watch the impact right side. What's that big silver object ???

Why can't we find this Heli video ??

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
TIME THE VIDEO OF THE "METEOR".. THE LIGHT ISN'T A EXPLOSION... IT IS BREAKING FOR IMPACT.

YOU WILL SEE THAT IT COMES AT ONE SPEED AND IT BRAKES WHEN YOU SEE THE LIGHT IN THE CLOWDS.

WATCH IT AND TIME THE SPEED BEFORE AND AFTER THE BIG LIGHT.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastone

Why aren't they showing the impact area. They have it on film....why ??

Stop video at 1.14... watch the impact right side. What's that big silver object ???

Why can't we find this Heli video ??

All of your questions, apart from the last have been answered numerous times in this thread. I'm not going to keep repeating myself for the benifit of people who can't be bothered to read the thread themselves.

As for the last question... What heli video? Just because a helicopter was in the air (if that was the case - I have not come across one being mentioned in this thread yet), does not mean it was filming, or pointing the right direction to film, or even had a video camera on board!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

TIME THE VIDEO OF THE "METEOR".. THE LIGHT ISN'T A EXPLOSION... IT IS BREAKING FOR IMPACT.

YOU WILL SEE THAT IT COMES AT ONE SPEED AND IT BRAKES WHEN YOU SEE THE LIGHT IN THE CLOWDS.

First off - please take off caps lock. There's no need to shout!

Secondly, meteors don't have "breaks", but our atmosphere does slow meteors down to the point where they are no longer luminous.

This is normal behavior for a meteor.

What exactly are you trying to imply? That this was not a meteor? I can assure you that it was, as I have seen many meteors, and this is just another one, although significantly brighter than I have ever seen.

All the other experienced observers on here agree with this... why argue?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

All of your questions, apart from the last have been answered numerous times in this thread. I'm not going to keep repeating myself for the benifit of people who can't be bothered to read the thread themselves.

As for the last question... What heli video? Just because a helicopter was in the air (if that was the case - I have not come across one being mentioned in this thread yet), does not mean it was filming, or pointing the right direction to film, or even had a video camera on board!

"All of your questions, apart from the last have been answered numerous times in this thread." Have you ...?? lol
That's not an answer that's an opinion.

Watch the F... video at minut 1.11 to 1.14 then talk about it.

About the chopper video... minut 1.14 was taken from what ... a balloon ??

Global one chopper. Night watch.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Dude,

Out of all the conspiracy's your is def. the BEST. If this is not true then please make this story into a book, i for one will buy it....damn what a good story...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

What exactly are you trying to imply? That this was not a meteor? I can assure you that it was, as I have seen many meteors, and this is just another one, although significantly brighter than I have ever seen.

All the other experienced observers on here agree with this... why argue?

Why argue ?? l... because you're wrong about it.

Yes a meteor does brake in earth atmosfere but not just before impact.

"although significantly brighter than I have ever seen". When was it brighter?

What I'm saying is...that wasn't a meteor.

You're right about one thing... a meteor doesn't have brakes.. I do agree with you on this one.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

quote:

"As for the last question... What heli video? Just because a helicopter was in the air (if that was the case - I have not come across one being mentioned in this thread yet), does not mean it was filming, or pointing the right direction to film, or even had a video camera on board!"

lastlinkontheleft.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.globaltv.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
Let's put this in perspective.

Nov. 18 2008, ~17:30 - Huge bright fireball (meteor) is seen flying east to west over Sacramento CA, USA. Lasts for ~10sec. Viewers say it changed colors as it approached the horizon to greenish-blue.

Nov. 19 2008, ~14:30 - Huge bright fireball (meteor) is seen flying east to west over New Hampshire, USA. Sighting lasts several seconds and viewers say it changed hues, as well.

Nov. 21 2008 - Huge bright fireball (meteor) is seen flying through the sky. Viewers say it changed colors and lasted several seconds, as well. Video was taken!

Here's a "conspiracy" for you...

I half wonder if the asteroid that was predicted to come VERY close to earth was in fact intercepted by several tactical nuclear missiles (possibly ours) and broken up so as to distribute the mass/energy over a larger area before it reached earth. The reddish cloud seen late last year was the explosions of that asteroid and these meteors we are seeing in the sky lately (so close together) are some of those pieces.

I'd suspect/predict that we will see quite a few more meteors over the next couple of months. I would expect the moon to get hit by some of the debris as well, IF this is indeed what's happening.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Flux8]

WOW... It IS VERY unusual to have many grouped so close together. Hmmmm. I now believe the one I saw was the Sacramento one.

I do believe our governments haven't told us for 60 years what they are doing with space craft. It's not impossible that this idea has some merit. Thank you for presenting it as an option!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And now the new news without the chopper pilot images ...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just some notes regarding the videos:

Andy Bartlett recorded this footage from a 10th-floor apartment in Edmonton on his digital camera.

A police car dashboard camera captured this one.

CTV Edmonton security cameras captured this one.

Alister Ling, using equipment at the University of Calgary, captured this one.

Plus this one which source was unknown at the moment it was published.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KathyT

WOW... It IS VERY unusual to have many grouped so close together. Hmmmm. I now believe the one I saw was the Sacramento one.

Not really. Those three reports occurred over four days, over an area of over 1,000,000 square miles.

Several thousand meteors of fireball magnitude occur in the Earth's atmosphere each day. The vast majority of these, however, occur over the oceans and uninhabited regions, and a good many are masked by daylight. Those that occur at night also stand little chance of being detected due to the relatively low numbers of persons out to notice them. Additionally, the brighter the fireball, the more rare is the event. As a general thumbrule, there are only about 1/3 as many fireballs present for each successively brighter magnitude class, following an exponential decrease. Experienced observers can expect to see only about 1 fireball of magnitude -6 or better for every 200 hours of meteor observing, while a fireball of magnitude -4 can be expected about once every 20 hours or so.

Source

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join