It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your favorite movie or TV quote of all time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I did some checking and I did not see this thread so I went ahead and created this.

What you favorite movie or television quote of all time? Now I do understand that there are so many movies out there and its tough to narrow it down to just one and if you cant then you are allowed another.

It can be funny quotes or it can be serious or whatever you deem your favorite and you must name the movie and actor saying the quote if possible. It can even be a real person your quoting.

I so look forward to hearing from on this thread

Most stars is the winner and I will ask about donating some of my points to the winner if Im allowed....

Star and flag if you likey like!!!

[edit on 19-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
cm buddy...you are too f'ing nice - keep your points.

Good goddamn question and thread!

Here is my favorite of all time - from the Magnificent Seven...

Mister, we deal in lead...

Is there a movie quote any better than this..?

IMO no...but many will disagree - hence, good times!

content edit!

[edit on 11/19/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I will start it off and It will be a light humored quote from Airplane 2 " I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" Buck Murdock played by William Shatner.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
.....I'll be back!..........

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My fav quote is not from amovie but from the X-Files series, at the very end of the series when Mulder and Scully are sitting in the hotel room.....it's in my signature. It just seems to sum up the entire series, and for some reason the quote has always stood out to me and remained with me all these years.

and of course wyat erp in tombstone.

"You tell them i'm comin' you hear me.....and hell's comin with me...HELL'S COMIN' WITH ME"

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"Hello Bob. *shoots Bob* Goodbye Bob!"
And..

Judge- "And there be hanged by the neck till he be dead, dead, dead. Now, do you have anything to say, young man?"

Billy- "Yes I do, your Honor. You can go to hell, hell, hell."

Both from Young Guns, Emilio Estevez.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Love it wise!

And to stay with that kick a$$ movie:

Did you see the size of that chicken..?!!!

Ya! Nothin' like doing some peyote while on the run from the law!

Get some!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V

best quote ever

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Rather long quote but mine would have to be from the mouth of none other than Tim Roth in Four Rooms:

"Ted. The name's Ted. Yes my mother did me the disservice of naming me Theodore, and I haven't a clue as to how you know that because everyone who knows that is thousands of f....ng miles away. Have you any idea? The faintist idea, what it's like to arrive at school and find yourself surrounded by the maladjusted? And there you stand, Little Lord Fauntleroy. Ever worn a bonnet? Give it a try sometime. So, shoot me now, because no one is ever calling me Theodore again, now let alone, the Theo the Thumper."

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Great movie!!!!! I gave ya a star for that one

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The Big Chill:

"Are we the first ones up?"

Rush

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the star. It's one of my favorite movies, yet so few people have actually seen it. Good stuff, thanks again, and thank you for the thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Sorry I feel the need to throw this one in too... because it is at least a close second in my book.

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

Oh Fight Club... how I love thee.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
"You can't handle the Truth!"
- A Few Good Men

"The Painting was a gift Todd, I'm keeping the painting."
- Wedding Crashers

"I'm having the best damn day of my life. Any moment I'm about to burst into song -- "Zip a dee doo dah." My, uh, waterbed sprung a leak and shorted out my alarm clock. My cell phone got wet and crapped out on me and the check I wrote my landlord to cover the, uh, damages is going to bounce if I don't deposit my pay. You ever have one of those days, Scully?"
- The X-Files (Episode: Monday SE6E15)

Just a few to get us started

- Carrot

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
"Today we celebrate our Independence Day" - [cheers]

An underrated movie to be sure.

Or possibly

"Madness?
THIS IS SPARTAAAA!!!"

[edit on 20/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Funniest quote all year:
FROM TROPIC THUNDER-
"Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude! "

Just one word..
KUNG FU PANDA
"Skadoosh! "

As for TV shows...CSI is full of quotes, BUT, there is one show, animated, and my fav that I quite often will end emails and messages with a quote from it.

THE WEEKENDERS
"Later Days!"

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
"Heres to swimmin with bow legged women"

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
'You call that a knife?' I think it was Crocodile Dundee.

Love it.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
AK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every single motherf
r in the room; accept no substitute

p.s. naughty words are used in the clip - hope the mods don't want to spank me, well all depends on which mod.

Also...

Del walks into The Nag's Head.

Del Brandy please, Pamela.
Pamela Armagnac?
Del Yeah, that'll do fine if you're out of Brandy.

&

Trigger: If it's a girl they're gonna name it Sigourney, after the actress. And if it's a boy they're gonna name him Rodney, after Dave.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
"Don't ever,ever tell me where you found him"

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join