It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupation 101 - A Must See Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
A thought-provoking and powerful documentary film on the current and historical root causes of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Unlike any other film ever produced on the conflict -- 'Occupation 101' presents a comprehensive analysis of the facts and hidden truths surrounding the never ending controversy and dispels many of its long-perceived myths and misconceptions.

The film also details life under Israeli military rule, the role of the United States in the conflict, and the major obstacles that stand in the way of a lasting and viable peace. The roots of the conflict are explained through first-hand on-the-ground experiences from leading Middle East scholars, peace activists, journalists, religious leaders and humanitarian workers whose voices have too often been suppressed in American media outlets.

Google Video Link

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I just finished watching the documentary. It was very eye opening. I have always known that this issue had two sides to the story. However, what I did not realize was exactly how lopsided the telling of the story was here in America. The pro-Israeli/pro-Zionist lobby here in the US is very, very powerful. Americans have definitely been blinded by a very powerful use of propaganda.

I could not help but to come to the recognition of the similarities between the Israeli government's treatment toward the Palestinian people and the Nazi's treatment of the Jewish people in Europe. The primary difference is that Hitler did not care what the rest of the world thought and wished to exterminate all the Jews as quickly as he could, whereas, the Israeli government does care about its image and is willing to exterminate the Palestinians over a few generations. The desired outcome is still the same, both the Israeli government and the Nazis wish/wished to cleanse their lands of a particular ethnic group. If the Zionist sect of the Israeli government thought it could get away with it, they would have concentration camps of their own.

Americans should be ashamed of allowing our government to support such an oppressive use of force against an unarmed, civilian population. I do believe the US should be a friend to Israel. However, sometimes it is necessary that you tell your friend they are pursuing a self destructive coarse of action and to discontinue your support of this action. Israel's use of occupation as a means to control/exterminate the Palestinian population will ultimately lead to its own demise. The Palestinians will never, and IMO should never, stop fighting. Given that I and most Americans do not wish to see the demise of Israel, we, as friends of Israel, should do our best to see that this conflict comes to a peaceful conclusion, one that both sides can justifiably live with in harmony.

As a first step, I would support the cessation of all American funding until the process of Israeli settlement is stopped. You should do/demand the same.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

join