It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Vice President Dick Cheney Indicted

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Drudge Report just featured an article stating that Vice President Dick Cheney has been indicted by a South Texas grand jury:

Vice president, former AG, state senator indicted
Nov. 18, 2008, 4:17PM
McALLEN, Texas — A South Texas grand jury has indicted Vice President Dick Cheney and former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales on charges related to the alleged abuse of prisoners in Willacy County's federal detention centers.

The indictment criticizes Cheney's investment in the Vanguard Group, which holds interests in the private prison companies running the federal detention centers. It accuses Cheney of a conflict of interest and "at least misdemeanor assaults" on detainees by working through the prison companies.

Gonzales is accused of using his position while in office to stop an investigation into abuses at the federal detention centers.

Another indictment charges state Sen. Eddie Lucio Jr. with profiting from his public office by accepting honoraria from prison management companies.

The indictments were first reported by KRGV-TV.
www.chron.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

My guess is, nothing will become of this since President Bush can/will likely pardon him. Your thoughts?

[edit on 18-11-2008 by MOFreemason]

[edit on 18-11-2008 by MOFreemason]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Another article:

Willacy County Grand Jury Indicts Vice President
Tuesday , November 18, 2008
Several political figures also indicted

WILLACY COUNTY - A Willacy County grand jury has indicted a number of political figures, including Vice President Dick Cheney.

Indictments have not yet been made public and we're told a district judge still has to sign the indictments. Two state district judges are also indicted along with Senator Eddie Lucio, Jr.

NEWSCHANNEL 5 is digging to find out more. Senator Lucio has already issued a statement in response to the indictment. It says a motion will be filed to quash Senator Lucio's indictment this week.

NEWSCHANNEL 5 is working in Willacy County right now and will bring you the latest when it becomes available.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Great news if true, finally some start of justice, the prision pigs.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more....can't believe it took all these years to even indict him.
(I don't believe he has yet been indicted for any other "crimes.") If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Like Bush wouldn't pardon him. I really don't think Dick Cheaney is going to lose any sleep over this.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I forgot about the power of Presidential pardons. Great point! No sleep lost at all.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is all well and good people but just remember Bush is about to leave the White house and he can sign a paper giving ANY ONE a pardon from any thing he See's fit .

So i dong think any thing will come of it

WOW you have to be fast around here

[edit on 18-11-2008 by duffster]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by duffster

Do Presidential pardons excuse a person from an indictment/pending court case, or only if one is convicted of a crime?

Anybody who has an answer, please chime in...I'm clueless on this one.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

Do Presidential pardons excuse a person from an indictment/pending court case, or only if one is convicted of a crime?

Yeah it pardons them of any investigation of their administration and management, it excuses them.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
In my opinion this is either more smoke and mirrors or it is simply a case of CYOA "Cover your own arse".

Where was this outrage last year? Or the year before that? How about the year before that? Fact is they are now leaving office and in my opinion people are now scrambling to cover their own collective arse's.

Bush has already pardoned himself and I would imagine he will cover the rest of his criminal administration as well before he leaves office.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
How 'bout that symbolic gesture...

These 'misdemeanor assaults' are more easily swatted than a fly with no wings. Not to mention, If Bush were "too busy", I'm sure Demo Dick can just toss his problems into the pot with everyone else's and have Obama whisk them away with his magic wand.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I believe paperwork has to be submitted before Bush can pardon anybody. But even if Bush doesn't Obama will. The powers to be will force Obama to pardon Bush or Cheney kinda the way they did for Nixon. If Obama doesn't give a pardon, I am sure he will probably be indicted over some BS made up case and face a similar situation.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

I'm sure that they can word it to make it for any form of prosecution past or pending and this is why they don't care about any thing they do when they are in office.

Spelling

[edit on 18-11-2008 by duffster]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Perhaps the biggest loophole in our "checked-and-balanced" government.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see him in hand cuffs. Or maybe he'll end up like Enron's Ken Lay. I hope he still doesn't have the true access to the red button.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ahhh...dang, your title had me hoping for so much more. Oh well, at least he is getting indicted for something!

Alas, it will not matter, as Bush will likely pardon him for any wrong doing.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Isn't the incumbent president Obama, himself able to when he takes the oath to Re indite and overthrow as such the bush pardon?

The pardon could not be Carte Blanche?

If a new indictment on a separate charge was made against Cheney, surely the Bush Pardon would be worthless on the new indictable issue?

As a non American and not very well versed in the legal constitution of these affairs does anyone know.

Because if as I think is probably the case that Obama, or another grand jury could rebring new charges against cheney.

Well then surely this is just a way of appeasing the anti Cheney crowd, the illusion and satisfaction of an indictment, lots of talk and ideas and discussions about his imprisonment, when it would never go ahead anyhow...

The illusion of punishment.

If Obama is able to then take action against Cheney or a new grand jury could, and it does not happen after the pardon its just that keeping the pack of wolves chasing the prey in circles but never actually catching it.

An illusion and set up, keeps the heat down but no punishment and as in most politics shows the cross party back door workings and boys club that is present on the hill.

kind regards

Elf.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

LOL! That was my very reaction when I read the teasing-headline at the Drudge Report. Seems like a weak indictment given his so many other countless "criminal acts."

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'd love to see History books full of indictments for this criminal administration even if its just in "gesture" alone.

Our offsprings will be able to decipher the deeds.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Unfortunately, since so many of the K-12 publishing companies are friends of the Bush Admin., we'll have to rely on collegiate textbooks to cover these war crimes and unconstitutional acts.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join