It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government calls in the X-Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Government calls in the X-Files

www.thesun.co.uk

CRACK new ‘X-Files’ squad of special FBI agents has been recruited by the UK Government – because the number of UFO sightings this year has been out of this world.
Leading boffins in Whitehall have admitted to being flummoxed by a spate of ‘extra-terrestrial activity’ and have turned to a top US agency to hire in “Mulder and Scully” style investigators.

The undercover unit will begin work in a high-tech London lab analysing unexplained photography and debris, before moving into the field to obtain explanations of bizarre crop circles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
So it seems that the UK government has decided to delve deeper into the mystery of UFO's.

The article does mention that this move is criticised as encouraging over active imagination. But considering that it wasn't too long ago they de-classified the UFO files, and as the hysteria is slowing down another UFO related news story has hit the MSM to keep the public interested.

... seems like we are all slowly being primed for disclosure.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Another attempt to appease the people, "its all being taken care of , nothing to see here" Considering that the British Authorities have known about UFO'S since the 50's, this is a complete insult to the people that are awake!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Errrrr... why would Whitehall be bringing in FBI agents to work in the UK?
The FBI is a domestic US law enforcement and intelligence agency and should NOT be allowed to operate in any shape or form within the UK, unless assisting UK agencies in a purely consultational role.

I'd have thought they'd be able to make up a UK team from all the inestigators we have.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

We Yanks have a better track record of lying to the citizens. When you need good liars, call the experts.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Not true....We had a good track record of lying to people throughout the Empire, long before the USA ever existed.

I am willing to concede though that since the breakup of the Empire, our leadership and the old boy network running things behind the scenes have probably become a bit lax in the lyin game.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Britguy]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I stand corrected. Your leaders are just a bit out of practice is all.

I meant no insult towards the British government's ability to lie with a straight face.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
No, I have to say that the Brits are no less adept at disinformation and general bolloxing than the US, France and all the rest on the roster.

It doesn't matter though. I'm starting to think that most of what we are seeing these days are made by humans. I've had two sightings in my life. I look at the footage and pics of others' sightings, as we all do here. But something just isn't sitting right with me. What's with all the bright, flashing lights? It's kind of like the computer consoles in Star Trek, isn't it? What do they need all the lights for other than to announce their presence to us? Why all the flashing? Do they need turn signals? Do they communicate with other ships/shuttles/pods that way? Kind of archaic.... It's just making me think they're messing with us.

Anyone else getting suspicious?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

And conversely, why fly a top secret Earth built craft over populated areas lit up like a spastic Christmas tree? If it's ours, and so far advanced, why would it need to announce it's presence so loudly? As nimble as these things seem to be, crash avoidance should be snap, so all the lights are useless for that, and radar should be good enough to see approaching planes in time to hop out of the way.

Either way, it seems evident that the "lights" are connected to the basic operations of the vehicle, as an unavoidable by product, or because the operators can't see in that area of the spectrum, and have no idea we can.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

The FBI has a fantastic history of joint operations with the UK government, within the UK - July 7th bombing for example*. American agencies take a special administrative position surrounding UFO related incidents - especially near or around American bases in British territory.

Whitehall has been outsourcing resources and allocating US agencies for decades. This is nothing new.

*relating to the investigation process.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
No, I have to say that the Brits are no less adept at disinformation and general bolloxing than the US, France and all the rest on the roster.

Maybe there are extraterrestrials coming here, but we're just so good at lying that we're even lying to THEM. Maybe for some reason the governments have decided it's in their best interests to lie to aliens by telling them, "Oh, sure, our citizens know about you guys. Come on over and visit whenever you like. Run tests, fly around, flash your lights and do some sight-seeing. In exchange, how about some of those fancy ray-guns?"

Wouldn't that be something? Human beings, the great liars of the galaxy. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Why are they 'undercover' agents?
And wth is a 'boffin'???
What an odd story having the US working in the UK to explore ufos.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The stupid part to this is that they announce they are launching an investigation team into this because they don't know what it is.
When clearly the Government does know what it is.
They waste more tax payers money just trying to cover it up and lying.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
dont you know its just an advert - take a close look

top topics

join