It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK..Government calls in the X-Files squad of special FBI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Snip

A CRACK new ‘X-Files’ squad of special FBI agents has been recruited by the UK Government – because the number of UFO sightings this year has been out of this world.

Link

WOW

Leading boffins in Whitehall have admitted to being flummoxed by a spate of ‘extra-terrestrial activity’ and have turned to a top US agency to hire in “Mulder and Scully” style investigators.

WOW…. What will this mean are they admitting something here?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Possibly but I doubt it. I have a feeling it's going to be more of the same. Wouldn't it be great if they actually came clean about this?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The undercover unit will begin work in a high-tech London lab analysing unexplained photography and debris, before moving into the field to obtain explanations of bizarre crop circles.

they're going to demonize them as something dangerous no doubt.

-

[edit on 17-11-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Take everything The Sun posts with a large grain of salt. They seem to have taken to lampooning the UFO community recently by posting a large number of obviously fake UFOs over the past few months.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Take everything The Sun posts with a large grain of salt. They seem to have taken to lampooning the UFO community recently by posting a large number of obviously fake UFOs over the past few months.

so you're saying they're falsely reporting that government agents from the United states government are not being hired and will be working in a high tech lab in the UK?

that's some dangerously detailed false reporting.

could be a number of court cases surrounding that.
you think they're willing to take that risk?

-

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm just saying that The Sun doesn't really have the best track record when it comes to anything related to UFOs. I'd wait for a better source to confirm before going out and taking this article as gospel. Bust, as of yet The Sun is the only place I have seen this reported.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
We will just have to wait and see if anyone else get hold of the story to authenticate it in some way. I know the sun reputation amongst readers but I can’t see they would lie outright.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It's a shame it's in The sun, but if it's close to the truth then it could turn out to be interesting. Of course it could turn out to be a few people hired to take it easy for a few months and then come back with 'It's all rubbish!'

I'm not too impressed with the 'oddball' reference to Robbie williams either!

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Bluebird69]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I don't think you should dismiss the Sun covering the UFO phenomenon as lampooning. I agree that the stuff they've been printed has been sensationalist and hardly involved any in-depth study, but there are two good reasons why it's no bad thing.

1) The Sun reflects the national interest. If they're printing UFO stories, it's because they think they can sell more papers on the back of it. If that shows that more people in the UK are interested in the subject, and if as a consequence even a small proportion of them take it further and sign up to websites like ATS, surely that's a good thing, no?

2) The Sun influences the national interest. As much as we may not like it, not too many politicians are going to take heed of the ATS membership clamouring for something to be investigated. Plenty of politicians will pay heed to The Sun clamouring for something to be investigated, though.

So I say, lets welcome The Sun and its readers aboard, and not get too snobbish about the standard of their reporting....

LW

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

so you're saying they're falsely reporting that government agents from the United states government are not being hired and will be working in a high tech lab in the UK?

that's some dangerously detailed false reporting.

could be a number of court cases surrounding that.
you think they're willing to take that risk?

-

Yes, the Sun are the biggest bunch of lying, deceitful scum on the planet. Who's going take them to court if the aliens "don't officially exist"?

Where does the Sun get its information? Why would a top governmental agency reveal what its doing to the gutter of journalism? It's a load of crap, IMO.

The Sun can ONLY do damage to the entire field of Ufology. We'll have to get Robbie's word on those "new tracks" he's supposedly doing.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Yes, the Sun are the biggest bunch of lying, deceitful scum on the planet. Who's going take them to court if the aliens "don't officially exist"?

Surely this is not about if they do or don't exist its about the fact (if it is fact) that they have dedicated investigators

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Nobody else notice the

advertisement_feature

part of the URL? That and its obviously selling the X Files DVD?

“There are those who think that this Fox Mulder fella cuts a bit if a dash and are just desperate to believe. “But these are credit crunched times. We need people with down-to-Earth attitudes.”

And Fox Mulder is one of the lead characters in X Files :p

[edit on 18/11/08 by dawa]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If it was actually true, it would only be another way to exploit and alter out knowledge of what's really going on.... If anything.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
newKeralda.com
whoever they are.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Any source that happens to contain the words 'boffins' and 'flummoxed' in the same sentence will never be reputable in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That newkerala posting is just a repost of whats allready on the suns website - people are going to be embarassed when they actually

Stop
Read
Think
REALISE

that this is an advertisement article The Sun has come up with for the X Files dvd.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think that is awesome if its true. There should be a dept like that to observe unexplainable. Without hiding it from the Public. This just make me think more and more that our gov't really dont know much about UFO's. Not as much as we think they do. They maybe have found a crashed studied it and got technology from it. But it seems like the gov'ts of the earth dont know what they want, why they are here, and who they are.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by isa75]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I hope people realize that the FBI is an agency of the US government, not the UK government.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Sun has too much money to give a crap about what the British Government have to say. Like the government give two hoots about what a dirt-sheet like The Sun print.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chucktaggart
I hope people realize that the FBI is an agency of the US government, not the UK government.

So what? Ever heard of Project Paperclip? German scientists are not Americans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join