It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton to be Secertery of State (Official)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Its official

Ill link it up when its avalible.

here

Hillary Clinton plans to accept the job of secretary of state offered by Barack Obama, who is reaching out to former rivals to build a broad coalition administration, the Guardian has learned.

Obama's advisers have begun looking into Bill Clinton's foundation, which distributes millions of dollars to Africa to help with development, to ensure that there is no conflict of interest. But Democrats do not believe that the vetting is likely to be a problem.

[edit on 11/17/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Going to be interesting if they ever disagree.

Have to wait to see how she approaches the job. If she is micro managed, I don't think she will fair as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Just want to say:

Awesome.

Whew. No more Condoleezza Rice.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
ahem .. ***cough cough**
en.wikipedia.org...

4th **cough** inline **cough**

-

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

www.abovetopsecret.com... What I was talking about. Except its the GOP whacking dozens of Democrats much like Nixon had the Kennedy's whacked to gain office then tried to rig an election to keep it. I doubt Hillary would have a few people whacked to get office. Just wait 8 years and she'll have it. Several Sec. of States have been able to take that spot to make it to the Presidency.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Proven correct

I misspoke/typed

4th in line

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
if al-quaeda or however you spell it..

does something that they've been saying about that "dwarfs" 9/11 ??

whomEVER "does" it..

do you think "they'd" go after D.C.?

if they DO.. would it be the whitehouse and the capitol building?

if those 2 buildings were taken out while in session by "islamic terrorists" **yawn** .. then wouldn't Hillary be hopping to the throne?

i think this wouldn't be something that wouldn't be in the works.
no dizoubt.

some think tank SOMEWHERE.. at SOME time... thought of that.

you can't tell me that that wasn't thought of by some overpaid think tank in the past 20-30 yrs.

-

-

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The first thing that is said in the Guardian's video on the link is that this announcement is not official. The second thing he says is that it is only conjecture. The announcement hasn't been made and nobody has been picked as Secretary of State yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well now I can't continue to say the best thing Obama has ever done was get rid of the Clintons. Ugh.

But kudos to BO for reaching out and offering her the job.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just because she is being vetted, doesn't mean she's been offered the job or is even being considered. This is NOT official...

I'll wait to hear it from Obama or Clinton.

This thread's title should be changed. :shk:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
LOL! Title of the thread --) Clinton to be Secertery of State (Official) Bill Clinton? lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well I don't blame the OP for the title. It IS the actual title of the article but it is misleading. It is only the Guardian guessing that he will offer it to her.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
FOX NEWS online still has a major article saying something about Bill Clintons connections overseas will be costing Hillary the Secretary of State job. So I don't know if it's official that she's been offered the job and that she has accepted.

She would be able to do the job very well.
Bill Richardson could do it even better.

However, pulling in the Clintons, and all the Clintonistas isn't exactly 'change from the usual poltiics'.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Oh no! I voted for Obama and wanted to see the Clintons out. Bill Richardson seems to be the one with the best credentials and best demonstrable diplomatic attributes needed to reverse international perception of the US.

I hope at the last hour Bill Richardson gets it. We need someone like him right now to represent us in the international arena.

Come on Obama, you won. Let the Clintons go!!!

[edit on 18-11-2008 by manticore]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
Just want to say:

Awesome.

Whew. No more Condoleezza Rice.

Oh I see. You don't like Condoleeza Rice, therefore you must be a racist.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Well I don't blame the OP for the title. It IS the actual title of the article but it is misleading. It is only the Guardian guessing that he will offer it to her.

The title of the Guardian article is "Hillary Clinton to accept Obama's offer of secretary of state job"...

I'm with you, manticore! I want Bill Richardson!

Remember how everyone thought Hillary was going to be the VP and then at the last minute... That's what I think is happening here. Go Bill!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Condoleeza Rice would look more sexy in a gstring and bikini.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't get why this would upset the Obamatrons so much. After all, Clinton did win the popular vote and at the DNC everyone supporting Obama supporting commented on what an awesome speech she made. In fact, the Obama/Clinton ticket was regarded as the "Dream Ticket" by many Democrats during the campaigns.

So now that she may actually be included in Obama's administration, why are you Dems acting so upset? You're getting the guy who spouted the word "change" AND you're getting an experienced politician (with Clinton) to actually help him do things right. What's the big deal?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
So now that she may actually be included in Obama's administration, why are you Dems acting so upset?

Who's upset? I don't see any "big deal"... I don't see anyone "acting very upset".

I think you're wishful thinking.

I don't think she's the best for the job. But I'm not "upset". Especially since he hasn't even hired her yet.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
How come the guardian is always the first to break the US news long before the MSM over here. I still dont see our media talking about this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join