It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Societies?... What!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by thinkerbel

It's not specifically for Secret Societies or conspiracies, but this site: books.google.com...
Has some books available as PDF, as does this site:
www.wowio.com...

[edit on 19-11-2008 by RuneSpider]

thanks....

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

"OP" on here, as I understand it, means "original post." It is the first post made to start any thread.

Well, one source I can give you, although not free except maybe at your local library, is a book my friend bought me for my birthday. It is called "Conspiracy Encyclopedia" and it has a forward by Thom Burnett. Paperback, 20 bucks US, with a black cover with white and dark pink writing. I am sure there are other encyclopedias out there as well.

What I like about this book is that it has a little bit about a lot of things- it is broken down into categories, like assassinations, disinfo, global conspiracies, UFO's, religious conspiracies, and secret societies. Then there is a little blurb about 20 secret societies in the secret societies section. While I don't always agree with the author's conclusions (a bit too skeptical for me) it gives you topics and names to continue your own research.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

thanks.... Ill do my best to find it in our local and national bookstore... im really hoping, unless our government banned such book... were on this "christian country" anyway...
thanks.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Are you in America?

Now not a one line post.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

of course not... not on America... but on Asia... and I wont tell you what country... but the clue "christian country" ....

want to send me books for free... a x-mas gift?

hehehehehehe

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

OK. This is a good question. like all things, you simply believe it or not. Simply put, sort of. There are around 50+ Orders who are seperate but United under the IOI. Regurlarly, though doubtful you'll ever read it There is a publication of Instructions to the Orders sent from the European Commandary to the American General Commandaries, for an example. In it it lists Masons, Skull and Bones, Grangers, Odd fellows, Long Fellows and the like. Although in the early 60's it dropped one of the American Greek Fraternities- I won't say which one, but it was very popular- for being to public and open with it's activities and role in the Order of Orders. It details the Initiations, signs, symbols, codes, rituals, regalia, etc. to be used. The entire book is in code, and I believe very few, such as I are privy to that code and the materials and hierarchies and rosters for the Orders listed and supplemented with the materials. It gives the 4, not 3, tortures of Hiram A'biff as well as many, many more interesting tidbits, such as the degrees of Ark and Dove being honorary only. It gives the Oaths for puttinf the fraternities, such as Skull and Bones, above all other Oaths, past or future (hmm, George Bush and the like- if your word is your bond then your words to the Orders preclude your Oaths of Office and these oaths clearly exlain they supercede the Constitution, and you agree to it to become a member--of course so do jesuits and the like, but they are not affiliated with the Ordr of Orders).
So yes, without being too specific, many Orders are undr the umbrella of the one Order (the IOI). But I'll never reveal these material sources, so I leave it to your faith to believe it or not. However, groups such as Jesuits, the KKK, etc. while maybe being splinter groups or subfactions are not associated with the Order of Orders as you are asking. They may be affiliated with other groups organized under one Cause, but they are not the same, per se. Not that it's impossible to seek admittance and be approved.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Thanks tinkerbel! Sorry so long to get back. I actually bought the "Freemasons for Dummies" book (at your local Borders). Has a lot of good info on the general facets and principles. No "secrets", but a good source for an accurate overview. As per Masons I know, (and I am awaiting a vote), this is a great source of information. Check it out.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

Priory of Zion has been pretty extensively exposed as imaginary, and hence Dan Brown has been exposed as gullible.

with extensively bad writing

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by borachon

Yeah, writing skills aside,
he gets the story out there . For better or worse.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

does he though? I've seen several shows and stories essentially saying a good chunk of "da vinci code" is based on a prank? not to mention some other inaccuracies? correct me if i'm wrong i've never read it...I actually got through "angels and demons" and ended up cutting it in half with my machete.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

What do the initials "IOI" stand for?

And what is the name of this book you speak of? If it is incredibly rare, hard to find, and coded I don't think using its name should be a problem.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by borachon

Well, I think you need to read the entire book (The Da Vinci Code). Then do a lot of back-research of the theories and premises represented. . But it , among other things,this book sent me on an inquisitive path for answers. So, tthats why I'm here........... I

[edit on 11/26/08 by scooterstrats]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

so you are saying that all organizations mentioned above are all under the umbrella of the IOI? does IOI mean International Orders for Initiations?....
thats a good comment by the way but I really cant connect them all... well im still collecting infos and im eager to dig deeper... too early to believe or not... thank you.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

yeah, right?..."freemasons of Dummies".. who's the author anyway?...
does it only discuss freemasons, its orders... etc.?....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The Author's a S. Brent Morris, has a Ph.D. after his name, and he is 33rd degree member of the Scottish Rite.
It goes into general detail about much of the misconceptions and truths that get tossed around about Masonry.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

The Author's a S. Brent Morris, has a Ph.D. after his name, and he is 33rd degree member of the Scottish Rite.
It goes into general detail about much of the misconceptions and truths that get tossed around about Masonry.
Minor correction: Freemasonry for Dummies was authored by Chris Hodapp, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Freemasonry is by Brent Morris. I owned both before joining a lodge. Both are informative, and both authors are generally well regarded within the Masonic community.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Ah. D'oh. My mistake, I only had the book in front of me and was looking at it...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
thank you... ill look on it down the store... hey, anyway whats the difference on other books here www.sacred-texts.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join