It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Brown Shirt" Euphemism?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I just want to relate my Obama story (as opposed to a palin story).

When I was training as manager of a singing and dancing candy store we had this policy about new hires. They must willing to sing to get an application and we don't do interviews we do auditions in front of large audiences. Even I the boss man had to sing and dance to get mine. It's what we do.

One day this chic walks in with an obama tee shirt. My regional manager came out to talk with her because he saw her shirt..... She Did not sing. She did not audition. After a lengthy talk about politics and Obama she got an application and a promise of a job upon her return.

I ended up having to fire he because she would not sing and in our candy corporation singing is a job requirement.

And to speak just a little more on my regional. One day I asked him why was he voting for Obama. My boss replied "because he's black and I think its time America had a black president."

::yes he really said exactly that::

As for myself and my vote? Well lets just say that I am not your equal in the eyes of the law so my vote doesn't count.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think you are belittling the acheivements of all black people when you intimate that this could not have happend had the white man not let it.

When I refer to the previously mentioned 'proverbial' white man, I mean to implicate the people at the top pulling the strings. I simply tried to state what I thought of when I pictured these men that very few people have probably ever seen before. I'm not saying that there is any less of a chance of these people being African American, just that the I have inferred, through observations of the upper levels of economic management and that is the picture I get in my mind.

And yes, I believe that since the interaction between the ones in control and the bulk of the African[-American] population began with slavery and moved slowly upward from there, that this might not have happened if it weren't for the people at the pinnacle of this scheme.

I do not think the people in control let this happen so much as the coerced and cajoled this to happen. I am not belittling the achievements of black people by any means. Any cause for justice is worth fighting for. And the achievements of the African-American populace are great by any standard, but the unfortunate fact is that all their achievements are within current system. Therefore, on some level, we can assume that they are subject to some form of control.

And I only single out black persons here because you did. This holds true for other groups as well. Women, homosexuals, etc.

I am not any better off than anyone in these groups, either. Anything I accomplish (assuming the world doesn't implode) will presumably be funded with fiat currency, and therefore what I do will be subject to monetary manipulation on some level. I realize you can circumvent this by not utilizing what our current society provides, but my point still stands for large organizations such as NAACP or NOW or ACLU.

The system is too intrinsic now to unravel and they started the game with a loaded deck. The situation we are in now dwarfs any possible individual responsiblity, we weren't meant to win this "game," only to play it.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by CSquared288]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join