It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alzheimer's Disease Now Striking Americans in Their 40's

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Alzheimer's Disease Now Striking Americans in Their 40's

www.naturalnews.com

Alzheimer's used to be primary diagnosed in people over 65, but now it's suddenly appearing in hundreds of thousands of people who are merely in their 40's. Why is this happening?

Though the conventional medical industry won't admit this, the real reason why Alzheimer's is striking people in their 30's and 40's is because of lifelong exposure to toxic chemicals that affect brain function. Those chemicals include the very pharmaceuticals that doctors are prescribing patients to treat the symptoms of Alzheimer's, by the way. They also include the toxic chemicals in foods, household cleaners and personal care products.

If we don't stop the widespread exposure to these chemicals, we can expect to see yet more loss of cognitive function in middle-aged adults
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Whoa, really scary right there.

What the articles dont' go into is how this relates to artificial sweaterners, which I think is the real culprite.

Both my parents are in their late 40's and drink diet sodas. I have tried my darndest to tell them all that's wrong with them and it's in one ear and out the other.

I certainly hope they are not effected but I think this increase will only continue.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Sounds like high maitinence individuals get AZ quick. Just my 2 cents. My great grandma was not that way, she lived to be 102 and she did not suffer from AZ. She had a stroke at 90 and FINALLY retired. She was a nurse up until her stroke.

I believe this breaks down to lifestyle. She never took any medications that I knew of either. She didnt believe in wasteing electricity so she was in the dark most of the time. She cooked everyting from scratch. Made all of her own blankets etc and grew
alot of her own food.

I dunno maybe we should examine the lives of those that didnt get it and learn from them.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Good find...

I also submit that this trend may be due to the fact that many people live repetitve lives and fail to excercise their minds by searching out new areas of interest and new activities/friends etc.

There is just too much of an emphasis on lathargy and the same old stuff...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
this has to be from the aluminum found in many products we consume and use...

i've heard that 40%-60% of Alzheimer's patients have some sort of aluminum coating on the surface of the brain. the aluminum found in underarm anti-perspirant seems to be a major culprit...

EDIT: when did they start putting aluminum in anti-perspirants?? it seems like it would have been around 40-50 years ago...

[edit on 16-11-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I always thought that aluminum whatever-it-is stuff that they put in antiperspirants caused Alzheimer's, thus I've always used antideodorants instead. And I recall someone long ago tell me aluminum cookware should be avoided, as well as beverages in aluminum cans. I don't know if this is true, but I avoid aluminum in anything to do with what I eat and put on my body. Time will tell if it was worth it, eh?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I agree with you on the deodorants, and possibly on the pots and pans. I wouldn't worry too much about the aluminum cans, though, since they all have an inside coating (plastic/polymer?) so the carbonation doesn't 'eat' the aluminum.

Come to think of it, that's not a pretty thought either...

Great thread, OP! S&F

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm a pharmacist, and I can also tell you that there has been some more evidence over the last few years that shows that the brains in many Alzheimer's patients seem to not utilize glucose properly. A few researchers have suggested that because of this, Alzheimer's may be a type of "diabetes of the brain."

Aluminum may also be a culprit, too. There are molecules of aluminum that show up in the "tangles" in the brains of Alzheimer's patients, but nobody knows why, yet. My grandmother and both of her sisters have it/had Alzheimer's. They all grew up near a river in the Ohio Valley where there was a large aluminum plant on the river, and I've heard that there is a large incidence of Alzheimer's and cancer in that city.

Personally, I'm convinced that we're poisoning ourselves, through food and medicine. We probably are causing Alzheimer's. Remember, the FDA approves new medicines and food additives based on short-term toxicity studies only. They don't require long term safety studies from manufacturers. That's why so many medicines get yanked off the market years later. I have no more faith in the FDA anymore. They've become so corrupt over the last 10 years or so, it's insane. I even know a fellow pharmacist who used to work for them, and even he says they're corrupt as hell.

I for one, have started to avoid all pharmaceuticals in recent years, unless it's a life or death situation. I now recommend herbal and homeopathic medicine to my patients whenever possible, instead, too, because I know it's safer. Also, I'm trying my best to eat a diet of organic and raw foods. Although our cooked/processed food is addictive, so I'm finding it hard to let it go all at once.

Interestly, in homeopathy, there are many remedies that you can use to treat Alzheimer's, if you catch it early enough. (I went to homeopathy school for a year, and my teacher was also an M.D.) In homeopathy, you use the principle "like cures like" to cure disease. Interestingly, the remedy "alumina" (aluminum) is used to cure dementia. They were using alumina for dementia long before they ever discoverd that there was aluminum in the brains of alzheimer's patients. It sounds counter-intuitive, yes...but then when you study and understand the "like cures like" principle behind homeopathy, it makes sense why it works.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This topic made me think about how forgetful I can be sometimes. Then I started reading about the link to aluminium. I use a little hair gel almost every day and I swear I saw aluminium on in the ingredients one time! I immediately freaked out and ran to get a bottle of hair gel just to be sure. Phew....no aluminium, unless it's under some weird name like what they do with other bad chemicals.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I can see it now...huge drastic drop on wall street for all those companies making cans for soda pop, and all those companies making machines that sell soda pop in aluminum cans.

Heck..breathing these days can cause death for crying out loud..especially when your driving behind a diesel engine powered vehicle.

Perhaps all this means is that we should return to how things were before coke machines and horseless buggies.

I believe its all to do with lifestyle and habbits.

Enjoy CooCoo-Cola!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i wonder how frequent alzheimers is in the Amish ?
or secluded tribes in south america or africa, that grow their own food?

and i wonder if any of those folks get diabetes, or cancer.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Does anyone have any links regarding the use of aluminum based anti-perspirants and Alzheimers.

That would be VERY interesting to research.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Lay off the diet sodas. Pepsi will destroy your brain. Those dark colas also cause kidney stones. If you want to help your body - cut out soda.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I dont know about you guys but I feel cell phones and wireless internet connections might be doing crap to our brains also. Maybe not AZ but for sure some forms of brain cancers. I think the government knows this and just like they did tobacco are hiding it because of the economic issues.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I gotta take exception to the diesel engines comment. They used to be smoke-chugging polluters, but today's engines are so efficient and clean, they far surpass gasoline engines in environmental safety.

Sulphur content in diesel fuel for all 2007 and later engines is set at a maximum of 15 ppm, as opposed to 500 ppm previous to that. They are also equipped with particulate filters that filter the exhaust (and are a major pain to clean out every few thousand miles).

The old days of black smoke pouring from the exhaust stacks was due not to the engines being dirty, but to the fact that there were no real regulations on the fuel oil and they will burn anything... including used engine oil. Drivers used to dispose of their used engine oil by pouring it into the fuel tank, thus the smoke that came out was jet black and sooty. Today that practise is strictly illegal.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Okay, I read the sorces and checked the article.

The author of the source article in "Natural News" misread the Wall Street Journal article.

This original article by "Mike Adams, the Health Ranger" draws the conclusion from ONE report in the Wall Street Journal. WSJ says "...-- but more Americans are identifying it early, thanks in part to aggressive screening programs pushed in recent years by groups including the Alzheimer's Foundation of America, a national alliance of caregivers."

In other words, they're finding it earlier.

Not "more of it in younger people" but "being diagnosed earlier."

It takes about 10 years (as the WSJ article says) for the loss of brain cells to start impairing function to the point where people start hunting for a diagnosis.

Mr. Adams' website claims (among other things) that following his advice can cure things like depression (which is genetic.) Having dealt with family members who are clinically genetically depressed, I'm really skeptical of some of his advice. Some isn't bad and some is good common sense.

HOWEVER... in spite of his claims of powerful reading ability, his ability to read and summarize articles isn't that impressive.

Take with a grain of salt, but if you or a loved one starts developing memory problems, consider testing as an option. And certainly do something about your lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I suggest you all stop cooking with aluminum and tin foil

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Being in my 40's I wanted to respond to this post. Unfortunatley I can't remember what I wanted to say.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Agreed, its the same thing with cancer ... cancer rates are rising and not because more people are smoking, exposed to hazardous materials, etc but because of better diagnosing methods and tools (and as a result more people are surviving cancer then ever before).

Oh and a new study came out saying that Vitamin C and E pills DO NOT lower the risk of cancer.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
this has to be from the aluminum found in many products we consume and use...

i've heard that 40%-60% of Alzheimer's patients have some sort of aluminum coating on the surface of the brain. the aluminum found in underarm anti-perspirant seems to be a major culprit...

EDIT: when did they start putting aluminum in anti-perspirants?? it seems like it would have been around 40-50 years ago...

[edit on 16-11-2008 by adrenochrome]

Absolutely right...

Aluminium pans and woks for cooking and anti-perspirant...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join