It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd Plane Over NYC on 9/11! New Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

By all means... beg to differ.

That frame was captured from this video.

I figured the jet engines would give it away, but excellent job on the tail section too.

When discussing things on the internet, sometimes you have to gauge who it is you are talking to.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by cogburn]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It looks like a “Continental Airlines”.

At what time was this and what time had all flights been grounded? It could simply just be a continental that took off from one of the airports in the area (JFK, Newark, Leguard). Can someone get up time times of the plane and the times the airlines were grounded?

My bet is it's just a Continental Airlines commercial flight that took off before flights were grounded.

Mikey

[edit on 17/11/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I haven't even begin to look into what this plane was doing but here is a page of a photo of a Delta jets paint scheme with a shot of it that almost matches exactly the small screen shot that Cog took. I'd have to agree it looks a lot like a Delta jet.

flickr.com...

Even has the blue on the bottom and the blue engine housings. Could be wrong though who knows.

For anyone really committed can look here they have over 6000 pictures of commercial aircraft paint schemes.

www.aircraftcolor.com...

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Stillresearchn911]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Yep, it's continental, clearly.

Mikey

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm gonna revise my previous statement as to the origin of the aircraft.

Given the bank, the inclination, the altitude and direction when filmed, and the position of the camera, I think the plane came from JFK.

Here's the layout of JFK's runways.

download.aopa.org...

Here's La Guardia's.

download.aopa.org...

A plane to be at that angle if originated from La Guardia is far too steep to be considered "normal". However if the departure airport is JFK, the angle and position would be consistent with a plane taking off and then banking over the Hudson towards its final destination.

I'm sure SOMEONE on ATS has the NTSB air traffic control logs for that day over NYC. Are these two suspect planes plotted? I'd bet $1 they show transponder signals.

EDIT: It's a Delta... notice the engines are also dark in the image I posted.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cogburn

EDIT: It's a Delta... notice the engines are also dark in the image I posted.

No it’s not..... You see 1: it’s the wrong colour shade of blue and 2: The picture you have of delta is the livery that was only released in 2007 (6 years after 2001) See Here

It's Continental.

Mikey

[edit on 17/11/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Good call... stand corrected.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Given that it's a Continental that makes JFK a slam dunk since La Guardia doesn't have a Continental terminal.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It could be a jet blue airways A320. also depending on the winds on Sept. 11 it could have taken off from Newark.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cogburn
Given that it's a Continental that makes JFK a slam dunk since La Guardia doesn't have a Continental terminal.

Continental fly to and from La Guardia the also fly to Newark’Liberty. They no longer fly to JFK (not sure when that stopped).

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
It could be a jet blue airways A320. also depending on the winds on Sept. 11 it could have taken off from Newark.

Yea, forgot about Jetblue, could be. But their underbody is a really dark blue?

Mikey

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Continental only runs 3 flights out of La Guardia.

I wish I could find my old info on all this, but if I remember correctly the Houston flight didn't depart until 10:00am and the Cleveland runs didn't start until 12:30.

EDIT: They don't have a full terminal... they borrow from US Air as a part of the collapse of their original terminal agreement in 1994.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

The video was taken from the east of the WTC. The angle and direction of the plane in the first video in the OP is all wrong, winds or otherwise, to have taken off from Newark.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

It looks like a “Continental Airlines”.

At what time was this and what time had all flights been grounded? It could simply just be a continental that took off from one of the airports in the area (JFK, Newark, Leguard). Can someone get up time times of the plane and the times the airlines were grounded?

My bet is it's just a Continental Airlines commercial flight that took off before flights were grounded.

Continental has a hub in Newark across the river in NJ. The controllers
in Newark tower watched Flight 175 go into South Tower (scene recreated
in movie UNITED 93). On 9/11 was working at oil refinery in Linden
just south of Newark airport - many of my coworkers were watching
from upper floor of our building as Flight 175 hit South tower.

Flight paths in NY tend to follow the waterways (Hudson, East River) as
part of noise rules to avoid overflying populated areas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join