It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd Plane Over NYC on 9/11! New Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
New video just released shows 3rd plane over the twin towers!

www.youtube.com...

This plane appears approx. 2 minutes after the impact of Flight 175. Perhaps this is the same plane in that other video that was spotted at the same time the plane went in.

Here's the older clip:

www.youtube.com...

Well this has to be the clearest shot of it yet! Can anyone identify? It's not like the one seen over the Pentagon, has a blue tail. Perhaps this is a fake?

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Insolubrious]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Where'd it go in the second clip?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I remember seeing this plane in another video somewhere. I always assumed it was our COG hard at work?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
its the one that shot the missile that hit the second tower maybe??
considering there is some controversy about whether a plane even hit that tower at all.
could have been a missile, or just bombs inside, but this plane flying away from the scene looks suspicious.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Maybe that's the plane that released the missile that hit the second building?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It looks like a commercial flight to me. Can't identify the type, but it APPEARS to be a 737 or something of similar size. It's not military with the paintjob on it. You can't identify it conclusively from the videos shown, but I do know that it's NOT military, and it's a commercial type.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Reply to Zaphod58:

But after the first plane hit didn't they ground all the commercial flights? and isn't nyc a no fly zone? Idk doesn't seem plausible that a commercial plane was flying so low above the towers, can't be a coincidence.

Edit: My reply button isn't working

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Shocka]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

They didn't ground them until well after both towers were hit. The first impact was thought to be an accident. IIRC about the time that flight 77 hit the Pentagon was when all flights were grounded. New York has never been a no fly zone. They have three major airports right near there. They are only required to stay 500 feet over the tallest building in the city.

So you know for a fact that it's OVER the towers? It's not flying BEHIND the towers? It's called perspective. This plane could be two miles behind the towers in the video, and it would APPEAR to be over the towers. As for not seeming plausible, just in that area alone, you have a major airport in Boston, Newark in New Jersey, and in New York you have JFK in Queens, and Laguardia 9 miles from Midtown. Laguardia is the most likely departure point for the flight.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Shocka

They didn't ground them until well after both towers were hit. The first impact was thought to be an accident. IIRC about the time that flight 77 hit the Pentagon was when all flights were grounded. New York has never been a no fly zone. They have three major airports right near there. They are only required to stay 500 feet over the tallest building in the city.

So you know for a fact that it's OVER the towers? It's not flying BEHIND the towers? It's called perspective. This plane could be two miles behind the towers in the video, and it would APPEAR to be over the towers. As for not seeming plausible, just in that area alone, you have a major airport in Boston, Newark in New Jersey, and in New York you have JFK in Queens, and Laguardia 9 miles from Midtown. Laguardia is the most likely departure point for the flight.

Then it seems really odd that this is the only commerical plane spotted or caught on film during the Trade Towers Attack, would there not be much more considering air traffic?

[edit on 16-11-2008 by talisman]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by talisman

It depends. That early in the morning traffic hasn't picked up yet. A lot of the morning flights are international flights, with a few domestic flights mixed in. That way the internationals get to their destination at a reasonable hour. Later in the day you have mostly domestic flights. If this was a morning domestic, then no it's not surprising that it was the only one caught on video. I haven't sat down and figured out which way it's flying in the video, but your internationals would head East which would take them away from the towers, so you wouldn't see them. You also have to remember that in 2001 traffic was down from recent events as well before 9/11, and it fell even more after.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I believe it's highly likely the plane in both videos are the same, both white with a blue tail. Odd's are stacked that it's not.

Well I think it's suspicious behaviour, and would be highly surprised if the plane was following any type of normal pre-planned path. First time we see it it's behind the trade center, heading north and banking to the west, appears fairly low too. 2 mins later it's in front (or above) the trade center climbing and heading south!

How could it be banking west, heading north then end up where it is heading south 2 minutes later if it were just on a regular flight path. Seem's a bit weird to me.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Again, it depends on where it's going. But it COULD be different planes, for the same airline. In Honolulu we would have planes take off from the airport, then do a big circle and head back North. They can't overfly the city, unless they were the alert fighters, so they had to go around it. So flight paths can look pretty convoluted around big cities if you're not used to watching them. The noise abatement rules are pretty strict, and depending on the city, they have to fly what look like weird flight paths.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here's the mystery plane enlarged from the clearest frame that denotes the greatest number of identifiable features, taken from the first video.

It's worth noting that both towers were struck in the video when this plane was captured on film. Both towers are CLEARLY burning when the camera zooms out. I have no idea why people are insisting this plane was captured on film prior to the impact.

Two airlines come to mind that have an all blue field on the tail section: Delta and US Air, both of which have major terminals at LaGuardia.

Given the fact the first video is shot from across the East River and the aircraft's position behind the towers, it's probable this was the last aircraft to take off from LaGuardia... The angle of ascent, if projected back to the ground, would tend to indicate this.

For what it's worth, here's a nice CLEAR video of a heli buzzing the towers prior to collapse. Again, after the 2nd impact and from across the East River, further north and a little bit west of the position of the video that shows the mystery aircraft.

I think this is nothing but the last commercial flight to take off that day.

Given that in the first video in the OP the 2nd tower has been struck and in the 2nd video it has not, this is two different planes, both probably taking off from LaGuardia. All videos in this thread so far have been shot from across the East River.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by cogburn]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
wait. you guys think a missile hit the second building?! Sorry, but I was there. my sister in law was there. my friends were there. it was a plane. a big one. we saw it. we heard it. and it was the worst day of our lives.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
But no rational commercial pilot (no matter how curious) would risk his aircraft, crew or passengers in a "fly-by" of the burning North Tower. Right?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I take issue with your concept of a fly-by.

What kind of plane is this?

How far away from the camera is it?

How far away is it from the tree on the left of the image?

How far away is it from the trees in the background?

The answers are not what you think.

Perspective is a funny thing... to say that 757 was close enough to "fly-by" the towers completely discounts the position of the towers in relation to both the camera and the object in question.

There is not enough information in the videos in the OP to determine how close or far it was from the towers.

I had family across the street from WTC, one family member on Wall Street and one worked at the Stage Door (a deli near the plaza)... We didn't even know they were alive until we saw them wandering around in the background of TV news reports due of the communications blackout in lower Manhattan.

It wasn't a missile that hit the 2nd tower. It was a plane.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
For what it's worth the image I posted above is a 1/16th scale model of a C-130 flying 15 feet off the ground and about 100ft from the camera.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cogburn

I hate to take issue with you, but there's no way in hell that's a C-130. That's a C-17. As blurry as it is I can tell that just glancing at it.

C-130:

C-17:

The C-130 has a straight wing, with four turboprops, and the horizontal stabilizer is at the base of the tail. The C-17 has a high mounted wing that droops towards the tips, four jet engines, winglets, and a T-tail.

[edit on 11/16/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I would agree that commercial airline pilots dont get "curious" and fly off course to check something out.

As to some missile hitting the 2nd tower of the WTC...well thats a load of BS...that was seen by millions on LIVE news TV on all of the major networks at the same time....complete with the sounds of an approaching jet and the BOOM and the screams and flying debris and flames on vivid color live newscasts.

(bows his head in memory of the lost lives of 9/11)

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It appears that the "mysterious" plane was there for a bit and "circled", it was the only other plane:

Other Plane

[edit on 17-11-2008 by talisman]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join