It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing Of The Guard 'Constitutional crisis' looming over Obama's birth location Alan Keyes laws

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Keyes doesn't have a leg to stand on. This is just a waste of time and money, in my opinion.
Again, there must be a verification process handled internally before a candidate reaches the primary elections.. At least that's what common sense tells you.

To be perfectly honest, I think nothing would make the republicans happier than to be able to find a small loophole to make Obama's election void - and to create mass hysteria/violence/turmoil/etc.

Nothing really would surprise me, though. Repubs have a history of inventing evidence.

But again, Keyes doesn't have a *valid* leg to stand on, this is a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by justme2

Your wrong. The judge that heard Bergs first writ said that explicitly in the ruling. There is no official vetting process done before an election. Also, NO actual birth certificate has been produced in front of any judge in a court because there have been no actual court proceedings to vet the evidence. Only motions have been adjudicated.

Zindo

[edit on 11/16/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wouldn't there need to be a run off? Like how some states require their senatorial candidate to gain at least 50% of the vote or face having a post election run off?

I mean, both McCain AND Biden could make an equally baseless claim to the position. Neither of them were elected. I don't know though, I don't think this has ever happened, has it?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I'm not so sure Biden would get the nod. According to Keyes lawsuit (page 10) "Should Senator Obama be discovered, after he takes office, to be ineligible for the Office
of President of the United States of America and, thereby, his election declared void.."

Can you void half of the ticket and not the other half?

Biden's name is listed as a respondent in the suit, right after Obama's.

[edit on 11/16/2008 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Obama's birth certificate has been declared genuine.

HONOLULU—State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

www.boston.com...

Those that are against Obama would declare his certificate false even if they held it in their own hands.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

No, the succesion of office and the process must be carried out as written!
William Henry Harrison died 31 days after taking office so thats as close to being disquailfied as I can get and the seccesion I posted was used at that time.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
SIGH... there is nothing to resolve. Barack Obama's mother is an American citizen therefore it doesn't matter where he was born... he is an American citizen. If anyone says otherwise whether its Alan Keyes or not... they are blowing smoke up your *Snip*

Come on Grover

[edit on 11/16/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

OK, heres the info for you.

usgovinfo.about.com...

Zindo

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well sure, but we're talking about an election being voided due to requirements, not death.

In the event of a death, sure Biden would rightfully become the VP, but if it is found out he is ineligible, it seems to me that his entire ticket is ineligible. Eh, I don't know. Like I said, there isn't any precident for this.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Page 9 of the Keyes lawsuit alleges: At this point, Senator Obama has not allowed independent or official access to his vault
(original hospital) birth records and supporting hospital records.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Sure, that is the succession, but there isn't a precident in there as where a president elect was declared ineligible for the job. I just don't understand how this wouldn't void his entire campaign. Including his VP pick.

McCain couldn't make claim either, as he wasn't elected. I stand by the idea that a run off would be needed.

PS. I wonder how Hilary Clinton would do against John McCain. haha. Normally I would say she would beat him down just as handedly as Obama did, but I'm not sure the pissed off mob of people would even turn out for a second vote. Heh, maybe we could just declare GW King.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If the election is declared void due to the disqualification of Obama, then I believe the Supreme Court would decide how to proceed. I can't guess whether they would opt for a special election, give it to Biden, or McCain. It would be a racial unrest situation similar to the Rodney King riots on a nationwide basis and that's about the only thing I think would be guaranteed, unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't understand 'standing' ?
Seems that if there is serious doubt and many have that, then what does no standing mean please? Being an American should be good enough. Berg, Martin, now Keyes and others are all smart professionals and represent millions of people, so whats with the 'no standing'? Do they need msm's approval to get standing?
I realy don't get it. It doesn't seem fair and makes me angry that barry soetoro can get by with not stepping up and doing the right thing, Especially If he is a citizen. This makes him look giulty as sin, which MANY believe he is. If he's a citizen he is being Absolutely Disrespectful to those he "represents" and doesn't give a **** about our feelings; some Possible future prez (fits right in)
If not a citizen it is Necessary we find out ASAP. If he isn't a citizen, What about all that money he decieved people into giving?
Either way I think he's being a jerk! I just pray he's an American jerk but I truely don't think so.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by AmericanDaughter]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Here is the determination Zindo referred to:

Amendment 20 (1933)

Section 3. ...... If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

What is unclear to me is what is meant by "act as President until a President shall have qualified"??????

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Obama does not have a say in who gets to see the documents.Hospital officials are in control of that and they have verified that he is an American citizen.A court order is the only thing that can get them to release it for public view.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Wasn't that referring to a disability of some sort? Acting on his behalf until he becomes healthy?

If it is in reference to his ineligibility for the office, I don't see how he can possibly ever BECOME eligible. There are only three qualifications. 1) Natural born citizen. 2) 35 years of age. 3) Having lived in the US for the past 7 years, I think.

Now, if he doesn't make one of those requirements, there is a problem because he cannot later on make up that requirement unless he is not 35 years of age. In that case, the VP would take over until his 35th birthday, providing he can do so in the next four years.

PS. Actually, I suppose he could defer his presidency to Biden if he couldn't meet requirement 2 OR 3 provided he meets them during the course of the term... But the question at hand voids him completely.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
Obama's birth certificate has been declared genuine.

HONOLULU—State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

www.boston.com...

Those that are against Obama would declare his certificate false even if they held it in their own hands.

Sorry Jak, this smokescreen is NOT an official and we have seen this bunk article many times already. Their is absolutely NOTHING fukino says that would suggest the location of Obama's Birth and when reporters got this statement, noticing a little something that has been requested since day 1 of this scoundrels missing BC was not answered specifically and was the point of the whole thing. Fukino acting all indignant as if this was just so much more a pain in the arse like he has proved it a hundred times saying he had work to do, as if getting this President Elect to come clean is not important. Well the same thing happened again, when asked, Fukino said that a vault BC was on record there but the questions asked of him about what he says as to the location of his birth, Fukino left the question go ambiguously as before verifying ONLY that they had recorded a BC there. He refused to answer anything specific about location.

If Obama is found to have been perpetrating a fraud it will be both Fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud and I hope they hang his lying butt.

Obama has known all along we won't settle for old news paper clippings and photo shopped fake birth certificates and now that factcheck.org gets the award for most disinformation website, I doubt they are going to be much help for the obamanator and it would serve him right.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Also, that goes on to say that if neither the President elect nor the Vice President elect are eligible (which I think would be the case here) that the person to take over would be selected. Selected by whom? Congress? Proposterous. The new President would be selected by the people in a special election.

We would be stuck with Bush until Hilary and McCain could have an election.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Alan Keyes? Really? Wow. This is really news to me.

We have mutual friends with the Keyes family. They are coming over later today. I'm going to ask if they know anything about it. This is interesting!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

Obama does not have a say in who gets to see the documents.Hospital officials are in control of that and they have verified that he is an American citizen.A court order is the only thing that can get them to release it for public view.

Where do you get this stuff Jak?? Yes he DOES have a say in who sees it. Read the article, it says right there he does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join