It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS Implement an IQ Registration?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yeah I know what you mean

When I said measure intelligence, I dont mean measure the size of our brain's, otherwise, we would all have roughly the same IQ lol

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The following is an ATS OFFICIAL PROCLAMATION:

If you have an IQ you are welcome to post here at AboveTopSecret.com, if you do not have an IQ we would like to discuss bringing you on staff.

Seriously though...

All the testing in the world isn't going to change a thing. People are either going to be civil, collaborative and engaged or they are not. A certain percentage of ANY group will seek to disrupt, garner attention in negative ways, or just be (as "yeahright puts it so well) jerks in general to get a rise out of others.

It's all in the percentages, whether you have an exclusive group or an inclusive group you are going to get the average number of non optimal participants every time. If we were to implement something like this, only allowing those with a certain IQ score and above to post (we will never limit ATS like that), we would simply end up with pithier trolls who wax on with more syllables per word than the average troll, sounds worse to me.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well, i dont think so, this thread is gonna get closed.

Maybe we can have an iq test option(in java script), and ats add your iq to your avatar.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yes, first we have an IQ test and get rid of all those who don't make the cut.

Then we can have a spelling and grammer check and those who don't pass will be dismissed.

Oh! How about a religious, gender, color, nationality, ideaology test? Anyone not passing those will also be banned.

Then you can log onto ATS and just talk to yourself all day.

This is a collaborative effort. All opinions count.

With the increase in board traffic there are bound to be more posters who are accustomed to behaving like they do in other forums. It takes time to get used to the T&C here but let us not "eat our young".

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

What the heck for? Most of us come here for fun. Reading posts will soon answer any intelligence, or lack thereof, questions. Absolutely no reason whatsoever for anything even resembling a test.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ign0rant

11 years later, this topic has only received 2 flags and I am adding the 3rd.
It is painful to see what this great site has become.

If we had of implemented this back then, the IQ may not have dropped at the same rate the economies started to drop just the year prior. Instead of denying ignorance, ignorance has been bred and spread.

Topics like "Should the United States invade Mexico to destroy the Drug Cartels" popping up when we have documentation showing who is behind the cartels. I went to list a whole lot more but found this sums it up more briefly...

Political Mud-Pit

Political Mud-Pit

Political Mud-Pit

That category is what the site has become.

I am not saying we should silence based on religion, race, beliefs or anything like that. I am agreeing we need to put a test on the registration to ensure those who post here are capable of connecting dots before we let them draw on the page.
edit on 27-4-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   

If an IQ test were implemented, I'd have to find an unethical moderator and pay him/her big $$$ to stay a member.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

What you find useless, others might benefit or enjoy.

My advice, skip over the threads you don't enjoy and participate in ones thay you do.

I even implore you to diversify your thinking and actually engage in areas that may be foreign to you.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This some 200 IQ # right here.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join