It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION: All People who Think 2012 is the Date of Our Demise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
yeah great, thanks for providing your calculations BUT...

from what date did you start your calculations from? Are your calculations based on just one Baktun from a random time period or are they following the already-written out dates that the mayans have depicted? from the first baktun, to the second, to the third, etc....

sorry, but I also have more proof that diminishes your flawed mathematical calculation. do a simple search for "terrence mckenna time wave zero theory". of course im probably wasting my time on you, but for the others who are seeing this, I hope you take my advice by conducting such a search. this genius actually has it down to a science us modernists can understand.

I believe I posted a new date that was taken from 3114 BC and up.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If you really want to learn about the Aztec, Mayan, Inca, and Egyptian prophocies, go to Youtube.com and type in aztec mayan inca egytpian.There will be 4 parts of a video on 12-21-2012

watch it. you'll understand a lot more of the scientific reasoning why this is true.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
As for dating, the dating about the Mayan calendar notwithstanding, here is a link to dating by using Scripture in the Bible. It seems to correspond with the 3600 year cycle anyways. It seems fairly accurate (with an error factor) as far as I can tell.
Check it out.

www.raptureinfo.net...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The Mayan Long Count and the recent PI crop circle at Barnbury.

Please reference the crop circle at:
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

Then scroll down to when the planets are overlay on the crop circle ratchet jumps.

The date when the planets align in this configuration is August 9th 2014.

5128 - 3114 = 2014

Note: 3114BC is when the Long Count began.
Note: 5128 is the length of the Long Count.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
How bout .. this

1 Baktun = 144,000 nautical miles per grid second a measurement of the distance the earth travels through the solar system vs us thinking its a calendar dating system which in a sense is as a time reference but not in the sense modern archeology is looking at it presently
Joe

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

One question, will I get to eat my cake and get some presents before we all die?

aww I will adopt you.
I am wacky enough that people would not be to surprised if I adopted someone named MAD MAN............lol

Call me Mommy..........I hope you like homemade soup, I like to make soup. I bake cakes as well as pies and YES you can eat them.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

I am sorry, this makes no sense whatsover. So you drum up some numbers on a calculator, and somehow that debunks 2012?

What if 2012 is not the end of the world, but the world is just going to be changed as we know it?

As for the Y2K thing, as a friend of mine said: a lot of people worked long and hard to make sure, it wasn't a problem.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Come on, I need this 2012 thing to be something more than another year I need to pay on my $100,000 plus student loan.
Tell me the Greys are going to take me or an asteroid or polar shift or planet x, y, or z. WWIII
come on people save me from a life time of debt!!
Tell me the Calendra at Yellowstone is going to bury us in ash. The great Tsunami that is suppose to happen will bury us in water.
The 2nd coming. The 1st coming. Anything!!! Martial law. The NWO taking over. The "we haven't got a cool name yet" taking over.
....no? I'm stuck with this crappy loan and child support and nothing is going to save me other than a heart attack.
Well that isn't much fun, is it?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
2012 is the year that the Mayan calendar completes its cycle. It is prophesized that there will be a rebirth of culture and consciousness throughout the world brought on by the changes in energy coming from the sun. This change, or, evolution in consciousness is not the end of the world how some European cultures have described it. Rather, it is just the very beginning of a new way of life, a new way to see, feel and live life... This is a chance to network, dance, and have a good time. Together we have many resources. Let's be wise and use them to make a positive change in our world...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Shugo

What if 2012 is not the end of the world, but the world is just going to be changed as we know it?

2012 is the year that the Mayan calendar completes its cycle. It is prophesized that there will be a rebirth of culture and consciousness throughout the world brought on by the changes in energy coming from the sun. This change, or, evolution in consciousness is not the end of the world how some European cultures have described it. Rather, it is just the very beginning of a new way of life, a new way to see, feel and live life...This is a chance to network, dance, and have a good time. Together we have many resources. Let's be wise and use them to make a positive change in our world...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by American Mad Man

LOL well if it is on 12/21 like they say, that is the day after my birthday.

I am blessed to share it with my son, so apparently we get to have one birthday together before the end of the world.

Unfortunately he will only be 7, so we can't be totally drunk when it happens.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I gotta agree with you man, Im getting kinda tired of this 2012 doomsday stuff..

Though I have a funny feeling theres some truth to it with all these different religious calendars & predictions lining up!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I just watched an Afrikaans documentary on 2012 December 21. Apart from the Mayan's (who to date had for their time the most scientific and most accurate predictions of future events), they obviously referred to people like uncle Nostra etc. However, what was interesting was the fact that they included the prophesies of one "Siener" Van Rensburg. Siener (means Seer of the future) lived during the early 20th century (Around 1914-1930's). He predicted the Chernobyl disaster fairly accurately and concerning the 2012 debate apparently referred to the absolute chaos that will follow the "event". It appears as if he referred to the world being without power following a VERY large electromagnetic eruption from our sun, which will fry virtually all electronic and electrical equipment. This apparently is what the Mayans also refer to.

Just think for yourself: What can spiral from being without electricity? We will be put back effectively 200 = 300 years, having to rely on horse power, steam power etc to produce goods, foods etc. Until power can be restored. Millions will not make it. Those that will will probably be the so called third world countries where the majority of the population are anyway not depended on electricity. Yes, of course we will be able to utelise wind and solar generated electricity.... those fortunately enough to have it! Remember their will be NO electronic banking machines to supply money. In fact there will be no electronic anything let alone electricity for refining of fuel.

When they asked Siener van Rensburg, when this will happen, he simply replied.... when the ice melts........ it is melting now isn’t it?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm hopin for it to be on the 23rd of december on my 23rd birthday XD

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Illmatic67

It's 12-21-12. It's the winter solstice of 2012.

Anyways, there is a theory. The US lost a lot of lives on 9.11.01, and Japan lost a lot of lives on 3.10.11 and if you add those two dates together, what do you get? 12.21.12. Not saying it's true, just something interesting.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

or more accurate

144 000 / 1 year=365.242199 days = 394.25893391 x 13 = 5125.36614094

3114 + 5125.36614094= 2011.3661409480233690083

hmmm
12 months / 10 decimals= 1.2 decimals each months x 0.366 =
0.4392 ; 4 month of the year

its already over folks
and we missed it!!

maybe better luck in another 5125years

edit on 14-4-2011 by intergalactic fire because: not saying i dont believe, i was always bad in maths

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

hmmm
12 months / 10 decimals= 1.2 decimals each months x 0.366 =
0.4392 ; 4 month of the year

edit on 14-4-2011 by intergalactic fire because: not saying i dont believe, i was always bad in maths

these calculation are wrong i know, shouldnt have to count in months but in days

lets try again put the decimals to place in a year

365.242199 days in a year that makes every 36.5 days we count 1
so 2 will be 73days, 3 will be 109days,....untill 10=365days

we are now 15 april the 105th day of the year
so 0.3= day 109 = april 19th
or if you round it to 0.4 it will be 146th day=27 may

if nothing happens before 27th of may then .... i was wrong

(if i calculate all the decimals
i would say 12th of may 2011 there will be some great earth changes
)

edit on 14-4-2011 by intergalactic fire because: please correct me if i am wrong, i hope i am

top topics

<< 1   >>

join