It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Statue few know about

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The girl looks like the ghost of the fifties...

What I have learned, is like this: When I visited Louvre, I went to see Fragonard. You know how much his work is heavy with the mannerism of his time. But, there was a painting depicted as a "sketch", a portrait, done in dark sepia oil. Now, this one was very much like Rembrandt's work, no mannerism there. Very strong and better than all the rest of his paintings I've seen so far. Still, it is just a sketch... Hidden there. It doesn't fit.

So, what the society wants from artists, quite often, is something else, not really the best they can do, but something that suits their specific needs.

Composition like this is very difficult to realize because the gravity center is somewhere between the man and the relatively tiny structure of the rifle-tombstone, strengthened by the pair of boots (I don't remember that boots are laid by the rifle normally, probably added in this case to create some balance).

The girl was not part of sculptor's original idea and we don't know how it really came to this finale, what changes he had to make, probably none. She does look like addition to the composition, but that's what the customer wanted...

As for Rodin quality, that is very hard to accomplish. I saw something in this one, on a picture from a different angle focusing at the arm of the soldier which reminded me of Rodin. The way the sculptor treated folds... Very dynamical and expressive.

Perhaps this guy is much more an expressionist than realist, but people want realism, so he makes compromises.

I would really like to see what Kalat has in his studio, rather than what we see on these photos.

The whole talk about the money really stinks, and reporters obviously didn't have anything else in their empty minds. It is pity they made Kalat "recline" into his room... He was probably afraid of their shining thirsty teeth

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
simplynoone;

I have had the honor of serving my country, and yes I can say that reading about that way of life and what it means also played a part in what I chose to do. I scored high enough on all of my tests to be anything I wanted to be but I chose to become a tanker. Growing up Gen. Patton was a hero of mine and that played a big role in my chosen profession.

I have also had the honor of designing and illustrating some posters for tha 101st Airborne Division Association. I also started the design for the "Wing's of Liberty" Monument for the 101st Airborne Division.

These are necessary to remind everyone of the sacrifice that millions of Americans make all the time to this country. I personally see nothing wrong with honoring them in art, song, or praise.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn\
Do you know why we don't hear about this in the news?

I have heard quite a lot about this statue actually. Here are some places where I have heard it.

www.snopes.com/photos/military/kalat.asp

www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/k/kalat.htm

www.militaryconnections.com...

These are just a few. The story isn't being ignored. Its just been done already.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

"WAS" Grateful, ask the Iraqi People Now, ask this Artist NOW and you will find out they all were thrilled at first and when Saddam was ousted but then we began or terror upon them, the little people, then they and their neighborhoods became a fighting ground where no one was safe all because we remained and sought more and more control.

This is a b-----t propaganda post. I was in Iraq, my son was in Iraq and others I know would agree, we are no longer the liberator, we are the terrorist.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
wow wonderful post...what a beautiful sentiment to the American soldiers!! Hell it just goes to show that not ALL Iraqis hated us being there i think they, for the most part, understand what our 'intentions are/were'..anyway nice piece of art!

Satan is truly pleased. =)

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Andre Neves

Good Show. What you've just identified is Rupert Murdoch's influence on " Journalism".

He brought it here from Australia and the UK. The rest of the Kingpins of MSM followed suit.

Zionists ALL.

Google: "Timeline of the Rothschild's" by DB Smith or Benjamin Freedman's speech.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vault-D

Good work, Vault -D.

The Snopes piece makes it clear that this sculptor takes anybody's money and produces whatever he's commissioned to do.
(Hey, we've all got to make a living, right?)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join