It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the new people?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm new to this site and I came for a look at the hidden hand posts cos my mate whos on here told me about them.I had a poke about,found it interesting and joined.
Simple for me anyway!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cutiepie

Hi cutie??? you ok???

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think the upsurge in new members is down to a general feeling in the public that we are being lied to by politicians and religious leaders. People want to have access different ways of thinking and make their own minds up. They want to explore new topics and discuss them with people around the world. In short, to crush the power of government to dictate to them how to think and feel and relate to others.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Circle

I think you are absolutely right. I have always had an interest in conspiracies and the paranormal, but I think with the growth of the internet, the 9/11 "truth" movement, and the popularity of films such as Zeitgeist (ugh) and Fahrenheit 911, more and more people are beginning to ask some serious questions about the world and the nature of reality. I was at a bar recently and overheard some young ladies discussing some Project Camelot videos they had seen. Really surprised me - they seemed like typical sorority types (I hate to generalize, but unfortunately I do sometimes) who would be more interested in Paris Hilton's new BFF than UFO disclosure. It was sort of a revelation to me. These topics have really hit the mainstream. I just hope people use their own judgment and don't accept everything they read or hear without question. There is so much info out there right now, you really have to have a discerning mind to sift through it all.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It's because I'm here, and I'm bringin' sexy back.

This may have been a one line, off-topic post, but every typed letter of it brought in a dozen adoring fans.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
This may have been a one line, off-topic post, but every typed letter of it brought in a dozen adoring fans.

Freakin' Hilarious...

Thanks for helping to bring more attention to the site (though I think every typed letter of this post drove a majority of them away...
).

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
should prolly put that one over in the burial ground...
Mattification... lmao. you forgot the YEP at the end...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hi all,
I am new and I found this from a search engine. I like to read all posts
that interest me. With alot of news that happens and news that isn't
on TV , at least I can find more news here.

Thank you,
James

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I frigin love this site! This site is very informative and fun. Someone told me about ATS a while back and I have told everybody I know to check it out. Even people I know that don't like it have knowledge of ATS. You can talk about anything here. Maybe our new president will even "tune in!" We can dream can't we!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by must be a way

Hi must be a way, yep I'm fantastic thanks,hope you are too!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
It's because I'm here, and I'm bringin' sexy back.

lmao thank you for making my day. i hope google picks that up and every person looking for that song gets brought here.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

That would be very ironic, if each letter actually corresponded to a dozen new members for exactly that reason.

So ironic, I would have to celebrate. I'd do the Two Step. We'd have so many new members, I'd have to get an Umbrella to keep them from landing on me. Seriously, we'd all be running around shouting, "It's raining men!"

*cough*

Okay, okay, okay! I'm done, I'll stop.

I kissed a girl.

Uh.. starting now.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
uh... OP? you are new this year as well, with less than 2,000 pts.

So i take it you mean, "newer than me" right?

Granted, i myself have been on ATS for many years and had to change/create a new account due to system crashes, but that was last year... i suppose you could have went through similar circumstances... but id have to say that in order to generalize or even get an educated estimate, one would have to have been here for more than a year before formulating a valid hypothesis on the subject.

My 2 cents:

A) Summer months usually see a surge in membership due to summer providing more time to more people.

B) As word of mouth grows, so does membership as well at a small but invariably increasing rate (i myself have turned many people on to this site, as have they etc...)

C) Advertising in critical areas, like coast to coast am - which has more listeners than howard stern and rush limbaugh combined.

i have more than 2 cents but thats good enough for me for now.

A good question to ask yourself in order to find your answer would be: "What got ME into ATS?" and i believe that therin lies your answer...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm new! I'm new!

I just *can't* be left out!

I actually found my way here through the www.paranormal.about.com
I'm a big fan of the True Tales they have on that website, and through a bit of nosing around on the overview board one day there was a little blurb that lead me to a story about a harsh alien attack on a member here. This lead to a rather eye-popping story that had such a refreshing earnestness about it, that I had to read on.

After a few weeks of browsing I was hooked. I felt starved for the kind of open-minded intellectual discussions this website has to offer! Finally, humans with Minds and Opinions! I'm in heaven...

...I guess this consitutes my introduction? I hadn't thought of giving myself one before. I live in Aussie, near the good ol' Gold Coast. Moved here from New Zealand and have missed the late night philosophical discussions I could have with friends back home.

Don't stop the good work people! Let the truth out, and for goodness sakes, don't shift your brain into neutral and just coast through life! ... perhaps this should be my motto.
Cheers

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join